The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Dovin Basals
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Dovin Basals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: Dovin Basals Reply with quote

In Gry's starship book, there is reference to the weapons on the Vong ships that say "See reference on Dovin Basals," though I've never seen the place where it was described. Can anyone help me out here? I've looked in the equipment, weapons, and starship book and not seen any conversion of them anywhere.
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dovin Basals
Dovin Basals provide Yuuzhan Vong vessels with lift, propulsion, control, and damage ablation through the manipulation of gravitic fields. These fields degrade the conventional deflector shields of vessels they are pursuing. This reduces the pursued vessel's Shield rating by a number of dice equal to the Yuuzhan Vong ship's own "Shield" rating each round until they are depleted. Against capital-scale ships, this shield loss is reduced by 1/3rd. Yuuzhan Vong ships can combine their efforts, reducing an opponent's shield rating even faster. The ship's shields can be restored, but this cannot be accomplished until it breaks pursuit.

Because a Yuuzhan Vong ship's dovin basal powers both propulsion and shields, its shield rating is reduced depending on its speed. Modifiers to a Yuuzhan Vong ship's Shield rating are listed below, depending on the ship's speed and/or maneuver. If an action would reduce the ship's Shield rating below 0D, it cannot be attempted by that ship.

Ship Speed Shield Modifier
Cautious +0
Cruise +0
High-Speed -1 pip
All-Out -2 pips

Dovin basals can also be used as tractor beams. The ship's dovin basal Shield rating can be diverted, in whole or in part, and used as a tractor beam's damage roll (see "Tractor Beams," SWD6, page 127), adjusted for scale as normal. Of course, this reduces the ship's Shield rating so long as the dovin basal is being used as a tractor beam.

In addition, dovin basals can be used to create gravity wells in one fire arc, in much the same way as an Interdictor cruiser. While doing so, the Yuuzhan Vong ship's dovin basals cannot act as shields.

Dont think its in an official release - but im running a NJO era so he shared the stats Smile

you looking to join Wink

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: