The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Changelings
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Changelings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akari
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:41 am    Post subject: Changelings Reply with quote

Anybody have any idea for stats/powers of this presumed alien species? Reference: The Bounty Hunter Zam Wesell in Episode II.

I would like to introduce on of them into my new campaign. Is there any background material at all? Even if its D20... =/
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idea Only a house rule:

(A) Shape Shifting
Difficulty: moderate

A shape shifter may have as many forms "in memory" as he has dice in (A) shapeshifting. He must have a physical sample of the form to be learned. A small scraping (such as a scratch) of living skin contains sufficient DNA. The new form may not be more than plus or minus 10% mass per die of (A) shapshifting skill. All genetic traits (and defects) are mirrored perfectly, but no mental or experienced based effects can be copied (skills, scars, injuries, mental illness, force powers, etc). Physical stats become the stats of the form copied. Other stats are lowered to compensate because the shape shifter also suffers the limitations of the new form.

This worked well in our game (until Rebel counterintelligence figured out what was going on). Let me know if it works for you.
Rerun941
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: Changelings Reply with quote

Akari wrote:
Anybody have any idea for stats/powers of this presumed alien species? Reference: The Bounty Hunter Zam Wesell in Episode II.

I would like to introduce on of them into my new campaign. Is there any background material at all? Even if its D20... =/

One of the Adventure Journals had an article listing all of the shapeshifter species. For the life of me, I can't remember which AJ though. In the species description it would talk about the skill and difficulty needed to perform different shifts. I hope that helps.
MA-3PO
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See the Clawdite entry on this page:

http://www.verminary.com/rebellion/species.html
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just be aware that a player character shape shifter must have limits determined ahead of time. After our shapeshifter shook hands with Commander Skywalker, we didn't seem to have any difficulty getting priority supply requests filled. Our group also did a crossover where the director took us to LV-426 to check out a down transmitter. Once the shapeshifter picked up the xenomorph as one of his shapes...well, let's just say his quote became "You wanna see something really scary?"
obidancer
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've post already the stats of the Species from the Adventure Journal Rerun941 is speaking about. There you can find info on the SHapeshiftings abilities and it's easy to adapt them to Clawdites.
Here is the Topic:
http://www.rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=6437&highlight=#6437
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have that Adventure Journal at home. When I get back, I'll post which one it is.

But that won't be for a few days (I'm currently away).
Rerun941
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray wrote:
I have that Adventure Journal at home. When I get back, I'll post which one it is.

But that won't be for a few days (I'm currently away).

According to obidancer's linked thread it's AJ #12.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here's three for you:

Proteans
Pulra
Shi'ido

Wanted Poster
Akari
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a bunch for your help! No, I don't want to allow them as player characters, but I'm trying to create a rather nasty non force sensitive enemy that easily trick most of the galaxys populace.

It should take them quite some time before they figure out whats going on... And the Clawdites look exactly like the race I was looking for. Thank you for pointing them out to me! ^_^
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: