The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The Brotherhood of The Pit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> The Brotherhood of The Pit. Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jenth
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 1:03 am    Post subject: The Brotherhood of The Pit. Reply with quote

Greetings fellow Forum hounds. Although I am not very active on this forum, I do check it daily and I'd like to take this time to say Thank you to each and every one of you who posts on this forum.

This is by far the greatest resource and Star Wars Player or GM could ever dream of. When I come here I have access to all the answers to any question I ever thought imagineable in D6. And everyone here is VERY friendly... I don't see ANY of the forum bashing I see in other forums...

Congradulations EVERYONE on making this a Forum to look forward to... I"m proud to be a part of it. and you should be too.

Three cheers for the Rancor Pit and all those who post here!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoooray! Hoooray! Hoooray!

It's true, this is truly a great forum. And definetly the friendliest I've ever seen. I don't think I've ever read a slightly uncorteous response in these threads. I don't know if it's due to the low number of posters, or it's a sense of community we D6ers remnants feel towards each other, or maybe we are all just too damn nice! All I know is, keep up the good job, I would hate to see this forum fade.
I think it might be nice if our community grew a little, but then again that might bring some problems. But then, yet again, I remember reading a couple of posts recently by people who claimed they were "new to this forum and just about to try this new game" so, there's hope.

MTFBWY, A.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the lack of bashing may be due more to the fact that everything's basically on the same topic and the individual forums are devoted to certain elements of that topic.

Wanted Poster
MA-3PO
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see alot of bashing on other forums concerning D6 vs. D20. I think we can all agree on which we think is the superior game.
obidancer
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really think it matters to know or decide which of the game is better. We are all D6 fans. We like it for what it is and we'd be the first ones to point out at its weaknesses. It has brought us tremendous hours of fun that very few games could compete with. So does it really matters if another system may or may not have better game mechanics? Well NO. We are here for the fun and I believe the forum is going well and friendly because it is made of people who understand that we are here to share our moments of fun, our ideas about the Star Wars univers that we all love, and the building of a community that share the same values for all they are worth.
So thank you the Rancor Pit Forums. And for those who would like to share those values with us, well Welcome on Board!! For those who prefer the fights and arguments and unconstructive discussions, then there are many other forum boards out there on the net. Make your pick, every one can find what she/he is really after, don't you think?
Scrawprin
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent thread! Very Happy I definitely agree that a big "Thank You" goes out to the participating members of this forum, for keeping the environment friendly and still inviting for new people that stop by. Also, it is great to know that this is also still a "kid safe" environment, too.

And I want give a HUGE "Thank You" to my friend, Loc, for continuing the passion to support the game even after I faded away from RPG.

Loc Taal
Grand Master (Founder / Admin Emeritus)

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Brotherhood of The Pit - I like it! Very Happy

Thanks to everyone who makes this place great!

The original RANCOR PIT archive
Jen'tara Rhee
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

obidancer wrote:
I don't really think it matters to know or decide which of the game is better. We are all D6 fans. We like it for what it is and we'd be the first ones to point out at its weaknesses. It has brought us tremendous hours of fun that very few games could compete with. So does it really matters if another system may or may not have better game mechanics? Well NO. We are here for the fun and I believe the forum is going well and friendly because it is made of people who understand that we are here to share our moments of fun, our ideas about the Star Wars univers that we all love, and the building of a community that share the same values for all they are worth.
So thank you the Rancor Pit Forums. And for those who would like to share those values with us, well Welcome on Board!! For those who prefer the fights and arguments and unconstructive discussions, then there are many other forum boards out there on the net. Make your pick, every one can find what she/he is really after, don't you think?

Well, honestly I've always felt that a point based system is superior to a level based system. Would you rather have a Jedi with some smuggling abilities, but you dont have to sacrifice your Force training to get those smugging abilities (character points wise it might take longer to buy the force abilities but you still CAN later), or would you rather be a 15th level Jedi and a 5th level smuggler. 20 levels max (not talking about "epic levels" rules here), having those smuggling abilities is seriously cramping your jedi skills... Not to mention the 20 level cap. Some games work well in a level based system... D&D was designed that way, it works great. Star Wars though... I dont' feel it works with such artificial limits on characters...
Stule
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three Cheers for The Rancor!!!!!!
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A definite round of kudos for all the people who are obviously working so hard to make this a truly great site- regardless of what system you prefer. They have so much information (including conversion tables and the like) that it'd be hard NOT to become an expert (or, in most of our cases, sharpen our expertise) in the SW universe!
Boomer
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, the DnD system is VERY setting specific. It just doesn't work for anything else.
2nd Edition ADnD that is. It was wonderful, and not anywhere near as complicated as the D20 die-hards whine about.

3rd edition DnD is just plain bad. Totally sensless. I HATE it. ...might end up playing it this weekend anyway, oh well.

Spycraft and Stargate D20, while I do think they would work well as D6 games, those companies actually STREAMLINED THE SYSTEM. Unlike Wizards of the Coast, they proved they can take a WotC product and actually make it work. Hurrah for them. Still, VERY setting specific system, but it actually makes tons of sense, tis a LOGICAL progression.

But, despite all of this... no matter what, D6 DOTH ROCK THA HOUSE. Gotta go with the fun one, man. Gotta go with the fun one.
to finance my 'vette!
Endwyn
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thing AEG did a pretty good job using the D20 system for Stargate. They made some changes, but is was for the betterment of the setting. I'm sure it's not perfect, but it wasn't horrible.
That's improbable?
And the Empire will be destroyed by..EWOKS!
That's...highly unlikely.
The Force? Bacteria called midichlorians.
If you don’t take this seriously I'm out.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes indeed, these forums and such fine folk as visit them, are an asset to any gamer for any game. They are especially invaluable to any D6er, as of the fine resources and collaborative efforts they offer to players of the noble D6 games. May it have many years to come, and if only there were such similar forums for the other fine D6 games, old and new, for players to exchange ideas.
Camero
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just stumbled across this thread and, even though it seems like an old thread, I had to say thank you to the site and all those who participate as well.

I too visit the site daily. It is a taste of home and a reminder of happier days while I am "focusing on school" in a foreign land. The people, resources, and genearl feel of all that goes on here is incredible. It is SW D6 heaven.

I just had to say thanks.

Long Live SW D6
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, then, I guess I don't have to wait quite as long as I'd originally planned to say this to someone:

Welcome to heaven. Enjoy your stay! 8)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: