The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Finally..a realistic Star Trek vs Star Wars guy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Finally..a realistic Star Trek vs Star Wars guy Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: The website Reply with quote

worfbacca wrote:
Ankhanu wrote:
I'm loading a blank page.
Which is a step above the missing pages from the prior links Smile

I'm only running iis so I'm limited to 10 connections at a time. It has been working through out the day.. Try again.. LOL someone complained because the isd's shield were only "100" times more power full than the enterprise.

if you e-mailme the htm files in zip format, I can load then on my website for you.

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
worfbacca
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Multi-verse ship database Reply with quote

I don't know what your deal is! It works for everyone else! It is a work in progress-just finished the Klingons
worfbacca
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:12 am    Post subject: Hehehehhe-evil Reply with quote

http://c-67-166-97-11.hsd1.ut.comcast.net:8080/ships/BORG%20Collective/Borg_Ships.htm
Jedi AlanRocks
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly, I may the only person here on the board that has run a cross over campaign where my PC's ended up in the Trek universe thru a crazy Borg experiment. Oh you should have seen the look on their faces when I told them "You are being approached by a cube shaped vessel approaching at high speed, there's a message coming in thru the comm system 'we are Borg, you will be assimilated, resistance is futile' " Soon Drones were beaming over. So I was very interested to see what you had done because I have also had to figure out a workable system myself.

I can't quite make out most of your stats. It looks like it's a lot of Trek RPG stuff with a little SWD6 mixed in. But if I am reading them right an Interpid class could stand up to a Galaxy class and maybe even win in a fight if the dice cooperate. So I am confused. Is there a stat that shows how much power each reactor generates? Did I miss something?

Quote:
Hull: 5D+1 / Maximum Strength: 6D+2 / Structural Integrity Field Backup(x2) (4D) / Raw Hull (2D+2)

What is "raw hull"? Does the SIF boost the hull rating? While I hadn't considered that, it does make sense that the SIF would give you a little boost, but overall I can't imagine a Starfleet hull being rated at much over 2 or 3D because trek ships aren't armored like SW ships are.

I know its totally apples/oranges trying to compare the two systems, and I know there's probably a bunch of SW fans out there who will insist that and ISD could crush a Galaxy Class ship, but I for one think that the NCC1701D should be able to out maneuver and out Fire Control an ISD any day of the week. And I also think at maximum power a phaser should be able to drill thru an ISD hull. I know they are supposed to have shields, but in the SW movies I never see the sheilds be effective. In Empire an asteroid clobbers the command tower of and ISD and in RotJ an A Wing demolishes Executer's bridge. Neither could happen to a Galaxy class ship.

Also, Galaxy class ships can fire up to 10 photon torpedos in a single volley. There may be some on the board who would argue this, but I think 10 Photorps would break an ISD in half.

So anyway, good stats, not great, they need some reworking, but you're on the right track and I would encourage you to keep going. Can we get stats that are purely in the SW WEG D6 style? Would you like to see the stats I used so you can compare my system to yours?
For many years West End Games ruled justly until the evil Empire defeated them. The Empire now rules with an iron fist and the d20. There are some who resist and continue to live by the old ways and d6.
worfbacca
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: Star Wars versus Star Trek Stats Reply with quote

Jedi AlanRocks wrote:
Firstly, I may the only person here on the board that has run a cross over campaign where my PC's ended up in the Trek universe thru a crazy Borg experiment. Oh you should have seen the look on their faces when I told them "You are being approached by a cube shaped vessel approaching at high speed, there's a message coming in thru the comm system 'we are Borg, you will be assimilated, resistance is futile' " Soon Drones were beaming over. So I was very interested to see what you had done because I have also had to figure out a workable system myself.

I can't quite make out most of your stats. It looks like it's a lot of Trek RPG stuff with a little SWD6 mixed in. But if I am reading them right an Interpid class could stand up to a Galaxy class and maybe even win in a fight if the dice cooperate. So I am confused. Is there a stat that shows how much power each reactor generates? Did I miss something?

Quote:
Hull: 5D+1 / Maximum Strength: 6D+2 / Structural Integrity Field Backup(x2) (4D) / Raw Hull (2D+2)

What is "raw hull"? Does the SIF boost the hull rating? While I hadn't considered that, it does make sense that the SIF would give you a little boost, but overall I can't imagine a Starfleet hull being rated at much over 2 or 3D because trek ships aren't armored like SW ships are.

I know its totally apples/oranges trying to compare the two systems, and I know there's probably a bunch of SW fans out there who will insist that and ISD could crush a Galaxy Class ship, but I for one think that the NCC1701D should be able to out maneuver and out Fire Control an ISD any day of the week. And I also think at maximum power a phaser should be able to drill thru an ISD hull. I know they are supposed to have shields, but in the SW movies I never see the sheilds be effective. In Empire an asteroid clobbers the command tower of and ISD and in RotJ an A Wing demolishes Executer's bridge. Neither could happen to a Galaxy class ship.

Also, Galaxy class ships can fire up to 10 photon torpedos in a single volley. There may be some on the board who would argue this, but I think 10 Photorps would break an ISD in half.

So anyway, good stats, not great, they need some reworking, but you're on the right track and I would encourage you to keep going. Can we get stats that are purely in the SW WEG D6 style? Would you like to see the stats I used so you can compare my system to yours?

Some very good ideas and information. FYI: I just finished the 1st draft of my "Starship combat supplement" that will explain how the stats and stuff work. I am having some buddies look over it now so it is easy to understand and all. Yes-that stats are a mix of SW D6 and LUG D6. In regards to the armor of Star Trek ships - I like to look at the example of the Enterprise E getting bashed in Nemesis by Shinzon's weapon attacks. I think that was a pretty good example of armor. Also - in some source on Voyager it says the maximum strength of the SIF system can contain a photon torpedo in a room. Photon Torpedoes are pretty tough. In my system when weapons combine fire- they don't only get +1 pip. The totals of the weapons are added together. A spread of ten from a galaxy class starship can do 200 pts of damage. ISDs do have pretty tough shields as they are "able to engage whole rebel fleets and still expect victory." The command tower getting based in Empire was after a while in the asteroid field. Star Wars has 25,000 years of space faring technology while the Federation has been around since 2161 so = 200+ years. I personally think the Empire has beefer ships while the Star Trek guys have cooler tech. Like you said - apples and oranges. It really is difficult to get down to the nitty gritty and compare them. It is just imporant that we have fun. I love both universes. Check out my updated web site with tons of more stats!!
Grimace
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: The website Reply with quote

worfbacca wrote:
Ankhanu wrote:
I'm loading a blank page.
Which is a step above the missing pages from the prior links Smile

I'm only running iis so I'm limited to 10 connections at a time. It has been working through out the day.. Try again.. LOL someone complained because the isd's shield were only "100" times more power full than the enterprise.

I either get 404 Forbidden or, in the case of the link referenced by Ankhanu, a blank page that cannot be displayed.

Perhaps you can post some stats for those of us who can NEVER access any of your website at all.
wolfe
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't know what your deal is! It works for everyone else

Define "everyone else" as there seems to be only a few people here who can access your site at all. Laughing
worfbacca
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: URL Changed Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I had to install a new router and my IP got changed. Here is the new site.

http://67.164.250.51:8080/

Every machine that I have tried it on at home and with coworkers at work have been able to access it. There are no passwords or anything.
Right now the only section that has data is "ships." I'm currently working on a 2nd draft of the combat supplement so people understand what all the stats mean and such...
Grimace
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay, I was finally able to access it. I gave it a cursory look over. Interesting method of balance across the spectrum.

One OMG that I noticed on my quick glance..... 37D for the Mega Pulse weapon on a Cylon Base Star?! Good golly!

I'm looking forward to seeing your 2nd draft so I can appropriately plug the speed in C into actual speed number for D6 Star Wars.
worfbacca
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: C number Reply with quote

C represents a fraction of "light speed." I converted 1 space unit = 10,000 km. I don't use space units in my game but use a different unit where 1 unit = "30,000" km.
schnarre
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Some interesting stuff, with a unique system (I admit, I traditionally used FASA's Star Trek RPG rules for comparisons, as opposed to that put out by Decipher Games--the FASA kept more to the shows, IMHO). I'm interested to see what else you get posted. 8)

...Had you seen the following, perchance?
http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/Essays/FiveMinutes.hotmail
Rerun941
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: URL Changed Reply with quote

worfbacca wrote:
Hey guys,
I had to install a new router and my IP got changed. Here is the new site.

http://67.164.250.51:8080/

Every machine that I have tried it on at home and with coworkers at work have been able to access it. There are no passwords or anything.
Right now the only section that has data is "ships." I'm currently working on a 2nd draft of the combat supplement so people understand what all the stats mean and such...

Woohoo! you have Star Control listed! lol that's awesome... I used to play that game back in the day. Very fun.
worfbacca
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 12:22 am    Post subject: New Link Reply with quote

Comcast changes my IP from time to time - those evil ones:

http://76.27.83.205:8080/

So I've converted the stats into my special system of LUG D6 and WEG D6 to make game play flow easier. The first draft of the combat supplement is ready so I might as well upload it under rules so you can check it out.
Grimace
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering what had happened to your site. I tried to get there not too long ago and there was nothing. Thanks for updating.
worfbacca
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It still up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: