The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

A few of my "favorites"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> A few of my "favorites"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:55 am    Post subject: A few of my "favorites" Reply with quote

I've been playing West End Games Star Wars for almost 10 years now. Only within the last 2 or 3 years have I had any characters worthy of being called "favorites". Lately, a few of my game masters have retired completely from gaming, so I've been stuck running several games. Some of these favorites that I have had as a player, have drifted over into the realm of game master characters, thus realizing their full potential as heroes, rogues, or villains in my games. I'm currently running three games right now. A Jedi story, a bounty hunter campaign, and a solo adventure for a poor unsuspecting athlete who has managed to attract the ire of the Empire just for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Anyway, I've decided to share a few of my characters with you. I implore you to use them in your games if you choose to. I'll give the before and after stats and backgrounds in separate posts. If anyone decides to use one of my characters in their game, I'd love to hear about how they've developed, or in what ways their lives were terminated if it happens to turn out that way.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:56 am    Post subject: Raven Redstar Reply with quote

Quote:
Name: Raven Redstar
Type: Saber Rake / Pirate
Gender / Species: Male / Human

Dexterity: 4D
Blaster 5D, Dodge 6D, Lightsaber 6D, Melee Combat 7D, Melee Combat: Vibroblade: 8D, Pickpocket 5D, Running 4D+2
Knowledge: 3D+1
Intimidation 4D, Streetwise 4D+1, Willpower 4D, Value 4D
Mechanical: 2D+1
Astrogation 4D+1, Space Transports 4D+1, Swoop Operation 4D+1
Perception: 3D+1
Bargain 4D+1, Command 3D+2, Con 4D+1, Persuasion 4D+2, Persuasion: Flirt/Seduction 5D+2, Search 5D, Sneak 4D+1
Strength: 2D+2
Acrobatics 4D, Brawling 4D, Climbing/Jumping 4D+2, Stamina 4D+2, Swimming 4D+2
Technical: 2D+1
Computer Programming/Repair 3D, Lightsaber Repair 3D
Move: 10
This Character is Force Sensitive
Force Points 2
Dark Side Points: 0
Character Points: 9
Equipment: Fine Clothes and Cloak, Comlink, Vibro-rapier (Strength +3D Max 6D), Heavy Blaster Pistol (5D), 11,000 credits
Special Abilities: Dueling Honor: A saber rake who is insulted or challanged must make a moderate willpower check to not initiate combat.

Physical Description: Raven is a tall, thin man, with black hair down nearly down to his shoulders. He has blue eyes, and a moustache and goatee covering his strong chin. As an inside joke, he purposefully dresses like a pirate from a bad holo-vid, favoring black and crimson clothing, cape, sash, and jewels. Very rarely will he be caught without his custom-made Laser-Hone vibro-rapier and blaster at his side.

Personality: Captain Redstar to his shipmates, to strangers, and to the law. Raven to the ladies. He loves living the high life, the rush of working outside of the law, and women. Raven enjoys the theatrics of being a pirate, it's entertaining to him. He tends to hide behind the flamboyancy of the ridiculous outfit so no one realizes the true skill and deadly accuracy behind it. He's arrogant, and witty, but never impolite, unless someone decides to stoop to name calling, or "forgets their manners".

Background: Not much is known about Captain Raven Redstar, he appeared out of the blue one day and started making trouble for the empire, there is no birth record, identification number, or any such trace of him in any system. The reason for this, is that Raven Redstar is the fabricated identity of Ashram Maevos, youngest son and only surviving member of the Maevos family from the Tapani sector. His family had been disgraced by a rival family who had framed his household as rebel sympathizers to further their own goals for their children. When the Empire was alerted to the so-called "rebel activity", they went in with force and exterminated his family with no sympathy. Ashram had been away due to the fact that he was a practicing Saber Rake, and returned home to find his family murdered, home ransacked, and a warrant placed for his arrest. After digging around a little, he learned that this rival family had done this to put their son in good graces for a position in the local imperial navy, and to eliminate their long feud with the Maevos family. So, Ashram used the warrant to his advantage, and after a long chase through the city, faked his own death in a building rigged with explosives, leaving behind his prized lightfoil as proof of his demise. He used the last of his pocket credits to smuggle his way out of the sector with a bacta smuggler. Once free of the sector, he took on the name Raven Redstar. He vowed to return one day and make their family answer for the crimes they had done against him. Raven then began making a name for himself in the criminal underground as a jewel thief and "pirate". Though, being of noble blood, he refused to be beneath any other captain, so he dedicated all of his money toward acquiring a ship. (This is about where my story as a player ended.)

Objective: Vengeance, pure and simple, but what vengeance is worth having that isn't planned out perfectly?

A Quote: "Your jewels... please..." "Did he insult us!?! I think he just insulted us!"

Last edited by Raven Redstar on Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:57 am    Post subject: Raven Redstar [GMC] Reply with quote

NPC Stats:
Name: Captain Raven Redstar

Dexterity: 4D
Blaster 6D+2, Dodge 8D, Lightsaber 6D, Melee Combat 7D, Melee Combat:Vibro-Blade 8D, Pickpocket 6D, Running 6D
Knowledge: 3D+1
Alien Species 4D+1, Cultures 4D+1, Languages 4D+1, Intimidation 5D, Planetary Systems 5D+2, Streetwise 6D, Willpower 5D, Value 5D
Mechanical: 3D
Astrogation 7D+2, Beast Riding 4D, Repulsorlift Operations 4D, Sensors 5D, Space Transports 7D, Space Transports: YT-1930: 8D, Starship Gunnery 6D,
Swoop Operation 5D
Perception: 3D+1
Bargain 4D+1, Command 5D, Con 5D+1, Gambling 4D+1, Persuasion 4D+2, Persuasion: Flirt/Seduction 5D+2, Search 5D, Sneak 5D
Strength: 3D
Acrobatics 4D+1, Brawling 5D+2, Climbing/Jumping 5D, Stamina 5D, Swimming 4D+2
Technical: 2D+2
Blaster Repair 4D+2, Computer Programming/Repair 3D+2, First Aid 4D+2, Lightsaber Repair 4D, Security 5D+2, Space Transports Repair 5D+2

Equipment: Fine Clothes, Cloak, Comlink, Vibro-Rapier (Strength +3D Max 6D), Modified Calban Model-X Heavy Blaster Pistol (5D+2), Red Raven: Modified YT-1930 Freighter.
Move 10
I decided to not make him force sensitive as a GMC
Force Points: 2
Dark Side Points: 0
Character Points 9

Personality has not changed.

Objectives: Obtain his vengeance, find a pirate crew, and a capital ship capable of handling his needs of returning to Tapani in force.

Additional Background: After a few years, the realizations of the costs of running even a ship began to set in. He had still not accumulated enough fame in the right circles to attract a "savory" pirate crew to assist him in his next steps of vengeance, Raven did the unthinkable, he went for a very risky job, almost too risky, he had heard of a gemstone so rare and pure that the only one ever found only was in only the most exclusive circles. He had his new target, and after some money, and luck, he found it. It had been "purchased" by a Moff that lived on Coruscant, not only that, but the dumb slag had given it to his daughter as a college acceptance gift. Raven gathered all his funds and set a course for the core. After spreading around his money, he managed to get himself into the most exclusive clubs and waited. After a few weeks, he was finally introduced to the Moff's daughter, who being young and stupid, was easily seduced by the roguish nature of Redstar. They returned to her place where she showed him the "Coreheart Gem", he then drugged her wine and made off with the gem. He had to work quickly if he was to get off world, but he knew that there'd be no chance as long as he had the stone in his possession. However, thinking ahead, he had already arranged for a forgery to be made, it didn't need to stand up to close inspection, just be good enough to look at from a distance. After waiting around for the Moff to call in bounty hunters to retrieve him, he spread rumors and appeared to be a creature of habit, frequenting only this one establishment with a very strict dress code. If any hunter was going to get close to him, they'd have to leave the heavy hardware someplace else. It was just his luck that a pair of hunters followed his trail of breadcrumbs right to this place, and just has he had planned, they accepted the dress code. After leaving, he made sure they followed him, and then, seemingly spotting them, ran, while they gave chase. One departed to get their ship, just in case he managed to get to some sort of transport, the other continued the chase on foot. She finally caught up with him, while he was approaching the ramp of his ship on a private pad. After short words where she tried to convince him that it would be better for him to come quietly, he pulled out the gem from his inner pocket. Saying that no take is worth dying over, he threw it over the edge and ran onto his ship to take off. The hunter on his own ship spotted the scene and dove after the gem. With a stunning display of piloting skills, the hunter actually managed to catch the gem in his own ship's cargo bay. (It was a very impressive roll with a force point.) The two hunters reported to the Moff that the stone had been recovered, and they would be on route to return it, when after finding the gem in the then disarray that was the cargo bay, they noted that the gem was cracked, and realized they had been duped. It was just enough of a distraction within the naval command for Redstar to break atmosphere and make it into hyperspace. The hunters have taken the insult of the forgery rather personally, and have dedicated themselves to taking down Redstar at all costs.

I've recently been rolling at random to find out if they're on the correct planet. I planned to have Redstar betrayed by Guri, who would be acquiring the gem for Prince Xizor. Redstar would escape of course, with the up front money, Guri getting the stone. The up front money would be somewhere in the several million credits, enough for Redstar to fund his search for a capital ship. I had picked out the Commerce Guild Support Ship for the capital ship of his choice, and he was now going about the galaxy, hoping that his insult to the empire would bring his fame to a level that would attract the sorts that he was looking for.

Last edited by Raven Redstar on Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
adamlumina93
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I may take you up on your offer. He would fit quite nice into the smuggler campaign I am running on Sundays. I might have to play with a little of his background but I like his personality and such. If your curious on how he does just hit me with a private message here and I would be glad to let you know
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been a while since my last update, had some trouble digging this one out of my file cabinet. I played this next one in an imperial friendly game, there was one dark jedi, one insane stormtrooper, a noblewoman agent of the empire, and my character, an imperial intelligence agent who had been invited into the emperor's hand the first session of play.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: Crell Krieger
Type: Imperial Intelligence Agent
Gender/Species: Male / Human

Dexterity: 3D
Blaster 6D, Dodge 5D, Dancing 4D+2, Firearms 5D, Lightsaber 4D+2, Melee Combat 4D, Pickpocket 4D, Running 4D.
Knowledge: 4D
Bureaucracy 5D, Intimidation 7D, Intimidation: Interrogation 8D, Languages 4D, Law Enforcement 4D, Planetary Systems 4D, Scholar 5D, Streetwise 5D+2, Value 4D+1, Willpower 6D+2
Mechanical: 3D
Astrogation 3D+2, Communications 4D, Repulsorlift Operations 4D, Sensors 4D, Swoop Operation 4D, Space Transports 5D
Perception: 4D
Bargain 5D, Command 4D+1, Con 7D, Forgery 6D, Hide 5D, Investigation 6D, Persuasion 6D, Search 7D, Sneak 6D
Strength: 3D
Brawling 4D, Brawling: Boxing 5D+2, Clmbing/Jumping 4D, Stamina 5D, Swimming 4D
Technical: 3D
Computer Programming/Repair 6D+2, Demolitions 5D, First Aid 5D+2, (A)Medicine 2D, Security 6D+2

Move: 10
This Character is Force Sensitive
Dark Side Points: 3
Character Points: 18
Equipment: Sorosuub Kylan 3 Heavy Blaster Pistol (5D+1), Garrote (Str+1D), Knife (Str+1D), Comlink, Sunglasses with Macrobinoculars, Silenced Slugthrower Pistol (4D), Portable Computer Unit, Civilian Clothing, several pairs of black leather gloves
Special Abilities:
Control: 1D+2; Control Pain, Accelerate Healing, Hibernation Trance, Rage
Sense: 3D; Life Detection, Life Sense, Danger Sense, Receptive Telepathy, Combat Sense

Physical Description: Black Hair, usually slicked back, Green Eyes, Handsome young man, who tends to dress in non-descript clothing, almost always wearing black gloves.

Background: [TOP SECRET] Agent Krieger is an orphan of the clone wars, he was institutionalized at a very young age. He spent his younger years living in an orphanage, until an unknown benefactor decided to fund Crell's education. He was sent to the finest schools among the core worlds. He constantly strived for perfection in all he endeavored, and he was quite gifted, always seemed to know what the teachers were thinking. He quickly rose to the tops of his classes, and was accepted into the highest graduate schools, he chose to go to the academy on Coruscant. While there, he studied all manner of subjects including medicine, boxing, fencing, various technical courses, and law. Shortly after graduating with honors, he was drafted into Imperial Intelligence, where he found he had a knack for digging the truth out of any situation. After a few months, he finally met his benefactor. Emperor Palpatine himself. The emperor had sensed the young child's force potential, and had indoctrinated him at a very young age to be one of his hands. Krieger was set upon the galaxy to bring an end to the Rebel Alliance. Rebel contacts and sources would be easily tracked with his natural psychic talents, and would quickly find themselves waking up in a basement tied to a chair. He would do what he could to turn them, or pump them for information as hard as needed, and then would see to their disposal. Krieger and his team are responsible for end of numerous rebel cells all over the galaxy. With his quick wit, and the resources of the empire, somewhat at his disposal, he manages to stay at least two steps ahead of any enemy who is foolish enough to think they can catch and subdue him.

Personality: Polite, Intelligent, methodical, cold, and calculating. Krieger has perfected interrogation and torture to a near art form. He utilizes every angle imaginable, and uses his experience, and mental abilities to sift through any lies or plan for the best course of attack. Never hesitates to kill, he is a true believer in what the empire stands for: Order, peace, justice.

Objectives: Bring about the end of civil war, and obey his master.

A Quote: "Now that the pleasantries are over, shall we begin?" "This injection will help you relax a little while we discuss where I can find your comrades..." "I have to be honest with you... this will hurt... a lot."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: