The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

*LAME* Star Wars names
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> *LAME* Star Wars names Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

schnarre wrote:
...In an Imperial Campaign, we had a cyborged assault shuttle pilot named Heironymous Bosche--pilot of the Q-36 "Assault Shuttle of Love". Survived the campaign, curiously enough (plenty of fire was throw his way--no other Gamma-class Assault Shuttle in the fleet had lips painted on the bow).

I'm highly amused by the fact that you spelled Hieronymous correct but for a transposition of i and e, and only added an extraneous e to the last name, Bosch. Regardless of that, HB is my all time favorite artist name, and I applaud your use of it (I have a print of his Garden of Earthly Delights on the wall of my room).
Quote:
...A droid saboteur named Microsoft, who caused computers to crash all over the Galaxy (Designer was named B'll G'tes--whom everyone made sure to put among the deceased early on).

If only real M$ stuff were so honest about its intentions.
bobenhotep
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one of my pc's was ren hoek (ren from ren and stimpy), another was "trent reznor" (nine inch nails) both names survived for like a year before anyone caught on...
schnarre
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few more...alas Rolling Eyes :

--A human male named Kilroy, who had set up rackets on Bespin & Tatooine, before getting iced (most likely people got annoyed by his poor imitation of a roaring-20s Chicago mobster's accent)

--Stan "stoned" Mcquade, a human male that was dealing glitterstem among other concoctions in his spice racket. He was eventually killed by the PCs, who were hired to bust his operation, though not before a few caught a few wiffs of somthing they couldn't identify (though their characters were "in another place" Laughing )

--Shak'n B'ake a toydarian gambler. Met his end at the hands of an Imperial raid on their base, who threw him into the cookstove.

--Gorge Koosta, a Brub Merc. Met his end in a last stand (& who says history doesn't repeat itself Laughing ).

...more likely to follow.
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, one of my old players had a character named Kil´Roi...close enough Laughing
bobenhotep
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to someday have rotj'kotor and totj'kotor.

The Chijawa said so, that's why.
Bobmalooga
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've had 'Wook' the Wookie and 'Filva' the Filvian. We also had 'Athony Carlito'...

Keith
Urban Spaceman
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a player who always either played a character called Deaths Head, or had a pet/familiar called Deaths Head.

When he insisted that his Rodian Bounty Hunter be called Deaths Head, I did manag e to get him to agree that it was an assumed name, and worked out a reason why he didn't want anyone knowing his real name.

Oh, and he eventually met an NPC who struggled to say the name correctly, so kept calling him "Death Shead".
tetsuoh
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DnD

Crunchy, Krunk, and Thud were all brothers.

Crunchy was the oldest but the smallest - a Goblinoid.
Krunk was the middle child and the mean one - a Half Orc.
Thud was the youngest as well as crybaby. - A Half Hill Giant.

They had another brother named Twid - but nobody liked him and they seldom talked about him - Half Elf.

They all loved their momma.
Henrik.Balslev
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played in a game once where a player played a R2 unit called R2-L8 Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long, long, ago there I briefly played in a D&D campaign where one player, named Bill, ran a Gnoll (or half-gnoll) that we all just called Bill-the-Gnoll.

Then there was the Runequest Dwarf named Ferrik Oxhide...I believe he aspired to someday become an Iron Dwarf.

Und der vas ein CoC character named Der Baroness von Bratwurst, she usually goes by the nickname "Der," which I believe is even funnier if you understand German pronouns.

But mostly we don't do funny names, so I don't think we've got any examples for SW D6.

I like R2-L8 though. Droid names seem to work best for puns in SW.
Fallon Kell
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long ago my brother (who was probably about ten) was given the privilege of naming the stock YT-1300 we planned to use for our low profile assignments. He tried to name it Glitterstim.

Complete Starship Construction System
TheDoctor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first copy of the Star Wars RPG was a used first edition. Someone had penciled in "Tan Solo" on the smuggler template. Really?

Then again, my friends and I were no wizards at coming up with good Star Warsish names, so among the shame list are:

Palpatini - Sort of like Obama to Osama...
Ichabod - I'd just seen Sleepy Hollow...
Ender Wiggins - RIP OFF!
Adarin - Adar + Anakin?
*incomprensible grunting* - it was afterall a name for a Wookiee

During a D&D campaign at 2am, I had to think of a name for a wizard and came up with Zezurtal. My players asked if that's something you take for insomnia.

In fact whenever I tried to take my own NPC's names seriously, my players would never use them.

It wasn't until I named some henchmen Daryl and Bixby that they started calling the NPCs by name.

But then again, as bad as my RPG names have been, the worst Star Wars name ever:

Count Dooku

Really, Lucas?
MacRauri
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys had Kilroys too!

More recently one of our players made a wookie named "Rohbecca". We kept telling him Rebecca's a girl's name. He kept insisting it was Shyriiwook for Spirit Blade or Warrior or something. I think there was a Johnny Cash thing going on.
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MacRauri wrote:
You guys had Kilroys too!

More recently one of our players made a wookie named "Rohbecca". We kept telling him Rebecca's a girl's name. He kept insisting it was Shyriiwook for Spirit Blade or Warrior or something. I think there was a Johnny Cash thing going on.
Rohbecca seems a reasonable name for a female Wookiee warrior. Rohbecca was a female Wookiee, wasn't she? Laughing
Darth_Hilarious
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a smuggler character once that was named "Shi Thead" and flew an old beat up ghtroc freaighter named the "Mutiny" it had a bounty on it Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: