The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Rate of Fire
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Rate of Fire Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grimace wrote:
Man, that's just so wrong. So you gain more damage, but it becomes so much easier for the target to dodge out of the way of more incoming shots. That would just drive me bonkers in a game. Confused

Also, automatic fire is used precisely to have an an increased chance of hitting from putting more lead (or blaster gas) into the target zone.
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven Redstar wrote:
The only complaint that I would have with your recoil rules, are that M4 and AK rifles actually have less recoil than a .308 or a .3006, At least on single fire. I'm sure burst fire and fully auto they would be worse, I would switch those. +5 for hunting rifle without bipod or stand, +3 for SS AR.

IMO they are overly complicated, at least for the SW game which at least in my mind is supposed focus on being fast moving and fun. Thats why I chose a very abstract method of handling Autofire.

The main problem is that most people seems to think that automatic fire is done bursts several seconds long. This is almost never the case, except in very close quarters. You will simply hit nothing at anything but the closest of ranges. Even LMGs are shot in rather short and repeated bursts.

Also, having 'realistic' autofire rules is more or less impossible without starting to use complex modifiers. The most 'realistic' rules I have found are the ones in Phoenix Command (in which 'full auto' usually means a half second burst), which is anything but fast moving and fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: