The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Projected Fighting uses Strength?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Projected Fighting uses Strength?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ardrikk
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 5:36 am    Post subject: Projected Fighting uses Strength? Reply with quote

I just recently got to read the entry for this Force Power and I was surprised that it actually used the Force User's physical Strength stat for hurling someone back or stunning them or whatnot. I can *maybe* see the target resisting with Strength, but I don't see someone's physical body having anything to do with using this power.

After all, didn't Yoda say, "Size matters not?"

Has anyone else had a problem with this?

My suggestion would simply be to use the Forcer User's Alter dice in place of Strength for this. I think I'd possibly let it be resisted, by another Force User, with either Alter or Control as well.

Thoughts?
MA-3PO
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is when a character gets a high Alter skill this power becomes to powerful. By keeping it based off strength it stays a power used to knock people off their feet and cause minor damage. If you want to cause major damage use telekinetic kill or...

There is a similar Sith power called Force wind that generates tornadoes, etc. It uses Alter as the damage but this is meant to be a power that not many would know.
Ardrikk
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I suppose that makes some sense, sadly. It just annoys me that you would base it off a person's physical strength when the way this power works is irrelevant to someone's strength and directly proportional to their strength in the Force.

After all, what do you think Yoda's actual Strength is? (I'm sure it's in a sourcebook somewhere, actually, but I'm not sure I have it if so)

I'll bet it's not all that high. Yet with his strength in the Force, I guarantee he can use this power to hurl something back quite far. And, granted, the Clone Wars cartoon series greatly exaggerated what I think the Jedi are "realistically" capable of, but still didn't we see Yoda using this power against actual vehicles?
MA-3PO
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of the heavy lifting was probably done by the Telekinesis power. With this power Yoda can use his high Alter skill to say, lift an X-wing out of a swamp.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: