The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Need help with new character concept
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Need help with new character concept Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

50 BBY. You could go for a Mandalorian, then. Now there's your super-commando.
Akari
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mandalorian Shocked ... okay, now THATS something I should look into! Very Happy

Any info I could read on them, like where they were located at this time, what happened before and afterwards, what about their code of honor, etc.? I'm not too familiar with them as player characters, I'm afraid...
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have their "Home Planet", Mandalore, but that certainly doesn't restrict them to that.

Take a look in Wookieepedia. It's murky terrain, to be sure, and about to get murkier with the Clone Wars cartoon. But I wouldn't worry about that too much, it's quite easy to throw a wondering Mandalorian around in that timeframe.

Here's a little snippet:

The Mandalorians (called Mando'ade in Mando'a, meaning "children of Mandalore") were a warlike, nomadic group of clan-based people consisting of members from multiple species. Their culture revolved around that of battle and war being a source of honor and pride in their community.
Akari
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never seen the Clone Wars series... or movies... or anything even having remotely to do with it, mostly because I despised the drawing style. Ick! Now I might have to... Rolling Eyes
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No you don't... Star Wars is pick'n'choose. If you don't like, ignore it.

I think a Mandalorian would fit you perfectly. Childless women went to battle alongside the men normally, they were all well trained and in great shape. And they were nomadic, so you can drop your character anywhere you want. Officially the Mandalorians were "mostly wiped out" around 40 BBY, so you have no problems in your timeframe.
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there was a guide to things mandalorian going on the forum somewhere....

http://vong.unbrokenfellowship.com/fanmade

take a look in there, 2 zip files of information - mandalorians.zip and Mandoa.rar

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Akari
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool indeed and just in time cause I was just about to head out to my GM and make the character! Thanks a bunch! ^_^
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help with new character concept Reply with quote

Akari wrote:

- A force immune and super athletic animal mistress

How the heck did that player swing that...
Akari
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How the heck did that player swing that...

Hehe... well, the character of this player is aparently an exile-witch from Dathomir who has no force powers herself, but quite a few talents of being next to immune to all but the strongest force powers, which seemingly is possible in the Savage Worlds system.

Okay, for my own character, I discussed this quite a lot with the GM. A Mandalorian, was not easily possible, because that seems to be one of our prime adversaries for a large part of the campaign. (Ouch!)

After a long discussion and the scrapping of a few other ideas, based on the campaign, I chose to create a young Twi'lek Jedi Padawan with some brash, if not hotheaded tendencies, who is also highly talented at piloting and probably will become a splendid fighter pilot later on. That is, if I can find a helmet that fits her Lekku... Wink

As our Jedi knight player seems very calm himself, the council has assigned her to be his student, should he accept her, in order for him to set her straight...

I created her a bit less experienced then the rest of the characters. In exchange she will gain experience more quickly for some time until she has caught up, in order for her master to direct her training. At least, thats what he thinks... Twisted Evil
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always wondered how Twi'leks wore helmets or space suits but it never seems to be an issue in any of the books I've read.

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
hisham
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esoomian wrote:
I always wondered how Twi'leks wore helmets or space suits but it never seems to be an issue in any of the books I've read.

Wonder no more.
bobenhotep
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that might be a logical reason for the helmets that look like big bowls. the expensive part of the helmet is the shell. the bowl shape would fit a lot of aliens, and would only require the inner support webbing be changed out. the webbing is a lot cheaper than the armor shell...

The Chijawa said so, that's why.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: