The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Playing Time
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> Playing Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Playing Time Reply with quote

As a DM the most difficult thing I found was organizing the games as to when we were gonna play. one player I see about once every two weeks, two others I see every day, Two others I see once about a week, and I even had a Player make a character and never show up for a single game. How do you Guys or Gals deal with your Scheduling ? 8)

Peter Griffin: "Embrace The Fear." -Family Guy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Brandon
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My gaming group meets probably once every two weeks on average, since a few members are on shift work it can vary. We had a rule when there were 5 members that we needed at least three players present to run a game, as the absentee characters could be handled by either the GM or other players. Either that or they'd "guard the ship" while the rest of the crew did their thing. Wink
Phaedrus
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To tell ya the truth, Hellstorm, I don't really have that problem any more. Thankfully 8) ... but back when I did, I found a couple of strategies really usefull. First of all, its easy to make people come back when you A) make sure everyone had an awesome time and B) leave the story on a cliffhanger at the end of the night that way people will want to come back and see how it ends.

Also, I've found that have a set time and place really helps. Its lot easier to plan and schedule for everyone if its the same place, same time, same day of the week. For example, I've been gaming with same group for last 3 years every saturday. Of course this hasen't always been the case, but once I kept "game night" on the same day of the week with the same time, my attendence grew from 2 to 6 pretty quickly.

I hope this helps, trust me, I think we've all had problems with attendance before.

~ phaedrus
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My real problem is that only two of my regular players now live close by.
Two others are maybe an hours drive away and the other lives at a Four hours drive so if he shows and one or two other don't he gets pi$$eD at the others and with their individual schedules it a virtual nightmare. Same as the D&D game I play at, we are lucky to play once a month but we've been playing for four years straight. 8)

Peter Griffin: "Embrace The Fear." -Family Guy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rahl Jynco
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We actually had a problem close to your, except we players that just weren't big on hours of playing at a time, they were more the casual gaming type. So now we have two groups the first group is Me as the GM and 7 players, the other is me and 2 players, players who love to play and enjoy themselves. Never underestimate the power of small campains, with two players battle is fast and fun.

I deal with temptation by giving in...
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My group has... Carry the seven... Get the Root of Pi to the fifth digit... Ah! Four Star Wars Campaigns going on right now, based on who's available.

There's the "Gods of the Universe" game, which has everyone (Including a fellow that's currently in RMC). There's "Scouts", currently on Hiatus, but can be picked up at a moments notice. There's "Pilots", which we just started. And there's "Star Wars: Y-Wing Alliance", which I run the GM whenever we're both bored and noone else is available.
Vartax
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on who is playing and GMing. My my everyweek game is done on a night when most people can meet. I have two other games that are played when certain people are present or certain people don't want to GM....mainly me.
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Phaedrus said.
Firehawk0220
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My biggest problem is that I work two jobs and the times I can meet are difficult for some of my players. Still we manage to game usually every week at the same time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: