The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Dawn of the Dead for Star Wars
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Dawn of the Dead for Star Wars Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Music wise maybe something like Angel of Death, Devil's Ride, Spiritual Hell, Troubled Voices, Frenzy, Psycho, Sleeper Awaits, and Psychopath. Their muscial pieces from a Halloween cd I own called Scary Sounds and I use the cd just about every Halloween to lure trick or treaters to the house (hey, when you live about halfway up a street that could be called a miniature ski jump and folks might not want to climb it, you use any means to convince them they might get candy there). Also, maybe try some of the songs from the Bram Stoker's Dracula soundtrack.

Wanted Poster
Theron
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: PLANET OF... (dramatic pause)... THE DEAD! Reply with quote

Jace_Terrik wrote:
Undead spacers, anyone?

If you're out for some cool undead stuff, check out Dark Horse's "Star Wars Tales #17, 2003". It features Han Solo and his furry side-kick.... and an undead horde. Very Happy

Having to land on a backwater world (which is not on any of their charts, of course) because of engine problems (what else), they soon find out, that the entire planet is haunted.
For it is...
(que spooky music) !!"The Planet of the Dead"!!
WOOOO!!! SPOOKY!! Twisted Evil

BTW, no GM that I've ever met (including myself) has managed to make games *SCARY*. They've just been gorefests with blazing blasters.

How would you make such a game *SCARY* and *SPOOKY*?

I ran a game in which the characters were scared fairly good. It was for Dark Matter (alternity), which is quiet a bit different form SW, but the concept could work the same.

For the adventure I gave the players entirely new characters, and ran a parallel story to the one that their normal characters were going through.
The characters i gave them were similar to the players, and were mortal, in a rather tight spot, basic haunted mansion with zombies kind fo thing. And there was no way out, cause their transport means broke.

The trick was to switch between high tension moments continuasloy between the characters so that it builds up through out the enitre game untill the final scene.

As far as mood settings go, any music you use should be on one cd, or playable form a near by computer, cause switching the cd gives everyone a chance to wind down. And avoid any "figth" or tempo music, becuase you don't want to give the players a chance to get into a "combat" mindset. YOu want them afraid, and fight music will dimision whatever spookieness you have brought on. Dimmed lighting is always a nice touch too.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Setting. Music helps set the mood, setting should suggest the mood, really start getting folks in the mind set. Turn the lights down low, maybe give the players each a candle to read their dice by. Lighting flashlights to read the dice ruins the effect of the dim lights where as the flickering of the candles only seems to magnify what is in the dark. Perhaps have a strobe light in the background set to flicker every so often giving a sudden burst of light to the room and then plunging it back into darkness.

Wanted Poster
Theron
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellcat reminded me of one of the many uses for music.

Use it as an "intro" music. Assosiate a certain character with a specific song which is related to that NPC in some ways. And before or when that NPC comes into the scene play that song. If you do this consitently, the players should start to unconsciencesly pick up on it and begin to assosiate that NPC with that song.
ZepDek
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Dawn of the Dead for Star Wars Reply with quote

patchman wrote:
anyone??? any idea on stats? stuff like that...

Maximilian Bernas wrote:
You know, I just saw the new movie Dawn of the Dead. I'm here to tell ya, those zombies would have been NO PROBLEM if everyone had had lightsabers and projected fighting.

They aren't alive, so no Dark Side points for using The Force to 'push' them away and keep them from biting you.

I seem to recall someone on the forums saying they had a GM run them through a similar scenario? Or did I dream that up?

Hey this doesn't have to deal with that music, but if you still want the stats, I crank them out for you. (Mind you they might not be completly balanced).
First of get rid of their Knowledge, Mechanical, and techncial. Run them as creatures. Then I would add at least +3D to Strength and +2D to Dexterity (This completly depends on the freshness of the corpse though if were talking anchient dead guys then I would give them penaltys), Remove all of their skills and replace them as follows: Running +4D, Search +4D, Sneak +3D+2, Brawling +4D, & Climbing/jumping +2D. And some game factors: If the base species has Force powers or any kind of power that relies on though that power is lost. Zombies Are completly immune to damage unless you destroy/injure (Depending on how cruel of a GM you are) their brain. This requries a called shot at an added +4D difficutly. A zombie will never dodge or parry an attack and most of the time (Use your best jugment) will combine their actions as a free action. They Gain +2D to search when tracking by smell, Increase to +3D if target is wounded. Zombies only have very base insticts but like any animal they are free to lie in wait an prepaire a Simple ambush. Any Character points or force points the Base creature has are completly lost. They will always move at their maximum speed unless somehow prevented. A zombie is immune to all effect which rely on intelligent though, poisons/toxins/ect, or fatigue. At the gm's option A zombie might be immune to any effects which rely on the exclusive use of the force, I.E telekinesis and Injure/kill, Due to the fact that they have been severed from the Light side of the force and are incomplete shells now.

What do you think? Sorry If its a little jumbled up but I was writing it as I though it out. If you want I can make a force power that allows you to control/create a zombie (Its going to be hard to aquire and a dark side power.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: