The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

OK!!! Which one of you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> OK!!! Which one of you Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
remo moxey
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't me, I already have it.

Stock Ships (WEG40150), Wretched Hives of Scum and Villainy (WEG40153), and Hideouts and Strongholds (WEG40111) seem to be the three books that are the hardest to find and most expensive.

I've had them for four or five years now and I think I paid in the $20-$30 range for Stock Ships and Wretched Hives. Hideouts cost me around $50 Sad
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot remember how much i paid for mine. BUT if i had more copies i would be gladly selling them on ebay!
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me I remember paying about $20 for Stock Ships. $10 for Wretched Hives, and $4.95 for Hideouts and Strongholds.

Granted, it was years before I got the prices I wanted... but I got them.

Also, note that the market for these things waxes and wanes. Hideouts ans Strongholds will go for a lot for six months, and then it will come down for a few months. Same for other classics like Pirates and Privateers, Galaxy Guide 10: Bounty Hunters, and Galaxy Guide 6: Tramp freighters.

It's funny because the Tales of the Jedi Companion has hovered around $30 just about any time I've looked for it. I've not seen that get pushed that much higher or lower.
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOJ is one of the more useful Force books, so it's odd the price hasn't increased.

I didn't take your Stock Ships either. Paid cover price for mine way back. However if someone's willing to bid $200 for it, I will absolutely consider the offer. Laughing
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

remo moxey wrote:
Stock Ships (WEG40150), Wretched Hives of Scum and Villainy (WEG40153), and Hideouts and Strongholds (WEG40111) seem to be the three books that are the hardest to find and most expensive.

The 2E Revised GM Screen also seems to be an expensive rarity. I understand its demand because of all of its goodies, but it's sad that it is so expensive for SW D6 gamers that don't have it.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
GMgreatness
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would add Pirates and Privateers to the list of books people go nuts about. Chesire also added GG 6: Tramp Freighters, which I fully agree with. People go ga ga over that book. I wish they would have made that one a hardback, as it has taken a beating over the years.

and That is why you fail...
cheshire

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:

The 2E Revised GM Screen also seems to be an expensive rarity. I understand its demand because of all of its goodies, but it's sad that it is so expensive for SW D6 gamers that don't have it.

I happen to have an extra one if anyone is in real need. It doesn't have the boolket/insert in it, though.
Rerun941
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part of the reason for the high price on Stock Ships and the GM Screen 2nd Ed R&E is that they were some of the last books published by WEG before it went under. So, there were a limited number of print runs of those books (aka less supply).

And you don't have to be Adam Smith to understand the supply and demand principles of Economics 101.
dhawk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. And I thought I paid a lot for Hideouts and Strongholds.
cheshire

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much did you pay? I saw it once for $120 on eBay.
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My white whale was Alien Encounters. It was the last book I needed to complete the set and I finally ponied up the $60 Ebay was asking at the time. Completely silly, but I had to have it.
dhawk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$120?! That's highway robbery! I managed to pull mine for $45 (but that was around two years ago).
cheshire

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was perhaps five or six years ago. There was a real spike in demand for the book for a while. You really can't call it robbery when it got there from competing bids on an auction, though. Someone wanted it bad. After that time other auctions went down to $80 and $60 for a while.
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I had the most problems with Pirates and Privateers and The Far Orbit Project, although I eventually got them at around 30 or so apiece, it was a few years ago, I can't remember exactly. I don't own every book, but I own all the ones that I really wanted.

I had a much harder time completing the Adventure Journals, there was one holdout for a while, but eventually I think I blew $45 or so on it, because I had never seen it on sale by itself before.
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this talk makes my grind my teeth. I had all these books and now they are missing... Evil or Very Mad With a bit of luck they are in our cellar storage somewhere...with some absence of luck they are in some unknown former friends cellar storage.. Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: