The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

"Balanced" stats for Prequel/EU-characters
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> "Balanced" stats for Prequel/EU-characters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MasterKazur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: "Balanced" stats for Prequel/EU-characters Reply with quote

Hey everbody.
I have been considering making some "as close to realistic" stats for the characters that WEG haven't released stats for.
This includes characters from Episode I-III and other expanded universe material.
Now I know that some people on these boards have already made some very cool sourcebooks for "Attack of the Clones" and stuff like that, and while they have done an absolutely great job, I don't feel like they match up well against the official character stats from WEG.

So I thought I might give it a shot! Very Happy

So if anybody has any ideas or tips for me (or want to help in any way) please feel free to post a reply to this thread.
For starters I need to pick the character I'm going start with Smile
Any suggestions or requests are welcome.

When I post the character I will try to make arguments for some of the key Attributes and skill level choices.

Well... I guess I'd better get started Very Happy
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note that WEG kept the attribute levels at 18D for major characters. Skills varied at that point though.
MasterKazur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes thats true.
Although there are exceptions.
Like Luke who's attribues add up to 17D+1, Han Solo's add up to 17D+2 and Darth Vader's are WAY above 18D.

But I intend to keep the Attributes on 18D for my builds.
MasterKazur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"At an end your rule is. And not short enough it was!"

Yoda (as of the Battle of Coruscant)
Type: Jedi Master
DEXTERITY 2D+1
Dodge 6D+2, lightsaber 11D+1, melee combat 5D, melee parry 6D+2, vehicle blasters 3D
KNOWLEDGE 4D+1
Alien species 9D+1, bureaucracy 5D+2, cultures 7D, intimidation 11D, languages 8D, planetary systems 5D+1, scholar: Jedi lore 12D+2, survival 6D, willpower 12D+1
MECHANICAL 2D
Astrogation 3D, beast riding 3D
PERCEPTION 4D+1
Bargain 7D, command 9D+1, con 6D+1, gambling 5D+1, hide 6D+2, persuasion 9D, search 5D+2, sneak 7D+1
STRENGTH 3D
Stamina 6D
TECHNICAL 2D
Computer programming/repair 3D, , first aid 5D, lightsaber repair 8D
Special Abilities:
Force skills: Control 14D, sense 13D, alter 10D
Yoda has access to nearly all known Force powers.
This character is Force-sensitive.
Force Points: 35
Character Points: 30
Move: 5
Equipment: Jedi robes, lightsaber (small, 4D), walking stick.

Arrow I started off with a bit of an easy one. Yoda's stats (as presented in Galaxy Guide #3) are more or less the same as his stats would be in Revenge of the Sith.
The way I see it, after 900 years of studying, Yoda's Force powers have pretty much reached their peak. So his Control, Sense and Alter skills stay the same.
Some skills are descreased however. More specifically: Dodge, Melee Parry, Alien Species, Survival, Planetary Systems, Beast Riding, Search, Sneak and First Aid.
These changed represent the fact that Yoda has not yet spent his 20+ years of isolation on Degobah yet and these most likely are the skills Yoda would use the most in his exile.
They aren't lowered by much however since character points would be hard to come by in that period.
Based on the Prequal Trilogy (incl. Clone Wars) and Expanded Universe material I also added some skills.
Most notably his Lightsaber skill. The reason I picked 10D+1 is a mixture of a d20 conversion I made of his and comparing him to other D6 offical stats.
I've also added Intimidation, Scholar: Jedi lore, Computer programming/repair and Lightsaber repair all at the levels I feel best represents Yoda skill level.

Last edited by MasterKazur on Sat May 15, 2010 3:05 am; edited 2 times in total
MasterKazur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"My allegiance is to the Republic. To Democracy!"

Obi-Wan Kenobi (as of the Battle of Coruscant)
Type: Jedi Knight
DEXTERITY 3D
Blaster 5D, brawling parry 6D, dodge 6D, lightsaber 10D+2, melee combat 6D, melee parry 6D+2
KNOWLEDGE 3D+2
Alien species 6D+2, bureaucracy 6D, cultures 5D, languages 4D+1, planetary systems 5D+1, scholar: Jedi lore 9D+1, streetwise 5D, survival 7D, value 5D, willpower 7D
MECHANICAL 2D
Astrogation 5D+2, beast riding 2D+2, capital ship gunnery 4D+1, capital ship piloting 5D, capital ship shields 3D, repulsorlift operation 3D+1, space transports 6D, starfighter piloting 3D+1, starship gunnery 6D, starship shields 6D
PERCEPTION 3D+2
Bargain 5D+1, command 9D+1, con 4D, investigation 6D, gambling 5D+2, hide 5D, persuasion 5D+1, search 4D+2, sneak 6D
STRENGTH 3D
Brawling 5D, climbing/jumping 6D, stamina 6D
TECHNICAL 3D
Droid programming 4D, droid repair 3D+2, first aid 4D, lightsaber repair 8D, security 5D+1
Special Abilities:
Force skills: Control 10D, sense 10D, alter 7D
Control: Absorb/dissipate energy, accelerate healing, concentration, control pain, detoxify poison, emptiness, enhance attribute, hibernation trance, reduce injury, remain conscious, resist stun, short-term memory enhancement
Sense: Combat sense, danger sense, instinctive astrogation, life detection, life sense, maginfy senses, receptive telepathy, sense Force
Control and Sense: Farseeing, lightsaber combat, projective telepathy
Control and Alter: Accelerate another’s healing, control another’s pain, return another to consciousness
Control, Sense and Alter: Affect mind, enhance coordination
Sense and Alter: Dim other’s senses
Force Points: 11
Character Points: 14
Move: 10
Equipment: Jedi robes, lightsaber (5D).

Arrow Next up we have Obi-Wan Kenobi. At first glance his stats may seem lackluster in terms of raw power, but that's how I always saw Obi-Wan. Not that he wasn't powerful but I always felt his true strength was the way he used the power he had.
Obi-Wan is still powerful though. More so than RotJ Luke and all but the most powerful of the Jedi Masters of the prequel era.
The skills I reduced from this write up were the ones he would likely use in his stay on Tatooine. Stuff like Cultures, Beast riding, Bargain, Con, Search and Sneak for instance. Character points would still be hard to come by, but not as hard as for Yoda.
His Force skills also increse during his stay in the Dune Sea, representing his resumed apprenticeship under Qui-Gon. I figure most of the character points Obi-Wan recieved after RotS were spent to increase his lightsaber and Force skills.
I've again added some skills. Willpower I thought was essential to Obi-Wan and at 7D it's not over the top. I've also added investigation and persuasion to reflect his Jedi Investigator role during the period shortly before the Clone Wars. And ofcourse I've added his lightsaber repair skill. The official d20 stats have him at the same level as Yoda and Palpatine which I feel is accurate. He might not have their experience but he sure has lost a lot of lightsabers throughout his career! Smile

Last edited by MasterKazur on Sat May 15, 2010 3:06 am; edited 1 time in total
MasterKazur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"If you're not with me, then you're my enemy!"

Darth Vader (as of the Duel on Mustafar)
Type: Sith Lord
DEXTERITY 3D
Blaster 5D, blaster artillery 4D+1, brawling parry 6D+1, dodge 6D, lightsaber 10D, melee combat 7D, melee parry 7D, vehicle blasters 6D
KNOWLEDGE 2D+2
Alien species 5D, bureaucracy 6D, cultures 4D+2, intimidation 8D+1, languages 3D+2, planetary systems 4D, scholar: Jedi lore 8D+1, scholar: Sith lore 5D+1, streetwise 3D, survival 4D, value 4D+1, willpower 5D+2
MECHANICAL 3D+2
Astrogation 4D+1, capital ship piloting 5D+2, capital ship shields 4D+1, repulsorlift operation 5D+1, starfighter piloting 9D+1, starship gunnery 7D+2, starship shields 5D
PERCEPTION 2D+2
Bargain 3D+1, command 8D, con 3D+1, gambling 3D+2, hide 3D+2, persuasion 5D+2, search 4D, sneak 3D+2
STRENGTH 3D
Brawling 6D+2, climbing/jumping 6D, lifting 6D+2, stamina 7D+1
TECHNICAL 3D
Computer programming/repair 4D+2, droid repair 4D, lightsaber repair 7D, repulsorlift repair 5D+1, starfighter repair 5D
Special Abilities:
Force skills: Control 9D+1, sense 10D+1, alter 8D+2
Control: Absorb/dissepate energy, accelerate healing, control pain, detoxify poison, enhance attribute, hibernation trance, reduce injury, remain conscious, resist stun
Sense: Combat sense, danger sense, instinctive astrogation, life detection, life sense, sense Force
Control and Sense: Farseeing, lightsaber combat
Control and Alter: Inflict pain
Control, Sense and Alter: Affect mind, telekinetic kill
Force Points: 8
Dark Side Points: 6
Character Points: 22
Move: 10
Equipment: Jedi robes, lightsaber (5D).

Arrow Lord Darth Vader at the moment he turns to the Dark Side of the Force. He is an absolute beast!
Much more powerful than Obi-Wan but Kenobi does have an edge in experience.
His combat skills (excluding Lightsaber) are pretty much at the level they are in A New Hope. His Attributes will also be significantly increased by that time, making Vader even more powerful as an overall character.
Most of Vader's other skills have been reduced however, due to the fact that, unlike Yoda and Obi-Wan, Vader stays active throughout the period between to two trilogies. Skills have been reduced based on how much I believe he would have used those skills as a commander for the Imperial Fleet.
I've added some skills like Scholar and Repulsorlift/Droid repair. These tech abilities are more or less only linked to the Anakin part of Vader and could have been reduced to the point of non-existing by the time of A New Hope (due to lack of use).

Last edited by MasterKazur on Sat May 15, 2010 3:09 am; edited 1 time in total
MasterKazur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been toying with the idea of raising the Lightsaber skill of my builds by 1D. Confused
Someone like Arca was considered (in his time) to be a master swordsman. I my mind that relates to the lightsaber
skill. Which is technique.
I'm not sure I would rank Obi-Wan above him, since Obi-Wan's technique seems to rely more on the Force.
Maybe I should keep them where they are for now. What do you guys think?
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to take a look at the stats and compare them to some existing WEG stat blocks and we'll see how we do.
MasterKazur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
I'm going to take a look at the stats and compare them to some existing WEG stat blocks and we'll see how we do.

Great! Any feedback is good feedback Very Happy
hazardchris
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off-hand, I'd say that Obi-Wan's lightsaber stats should be a bit higher. I doubt that he got much practice with it while he was hanging out in the desert. So I'd put him at 10D or higher (he's listed as having Lightsaber 11D in Galaxy Guide 1). Seems to me that Obi-Wan wouldn't have been able to gain much physical training under Qui-Gon's ghost.

Let me make you a picture!
hazardchris
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps you should go a step further and crank up Vader's non-Force skills. He would probably switch to learning to use the Force to enhance his abilites after having most of his body replaced with prosthetics. I'd also lower some of his abilities -- Sith Lore, Bureaucracy, and Command jump out at me.

Let me make you a picture!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: