The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Element of Fire - IC- Episode III The Hunt
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Element of Fire - Hellcat -> Element of Fire - IC- Episode III The Hunt Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 138, 139, 140 ... 187, 188, 189  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reylan nods and says stubbornly "Then you cant face this creature alone. I would assume its cut would have a similar effect as the bite of those creatures outside."

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Krath Advanced War Droid will scan the area with it's multispectrum vision.

"Incomplete information. What may kill anything?"

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reylan

"Only the strongest Jedi can hope to defeat them alone," Cailum states. "And even then it's questionable if they'll survive. Are you prepared to die? To become one with the Force."

KAWD

Cailum looks back at the droid.

"A creature of the dark side. A Jedi killer."

Once again the KAWD finds it's vision can not pierce the darkness no matter what spectrum it tries.

Wanted Poster
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Unable to scan inside cave, unknown condition preventing scans. If creature is uninteligent and force sensitive individuals are it's primary food source can it not be lured into a trap? Suggestion. Force sensitive individuals act as bait and non force sensitive individuals collapse rocks on the creature. Alternate suggestion: Can Force, the make something appear to be force sensitve? If so perhaps a toxic or explosive substance can be made to appear as food for this creature."

hobbes
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing that Jel and Helax are dead, Gerl is unconscious and restrained, and there is nothing that she can do for Daevon, Ali will cautiously move up to stand with the others near the cave.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Ali nears the three standing before the mouth of the cave, she hears the KAWD ask something about appearing Force-sensitive and making somthing toxic or explosive appear as food.

Wanted Poster
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellcat wrote:
Reylan

"Only the strongest Jedi can hope to defeat them alone," Cailum states. "And even then it's questionable if they'll survive. Are you prepared to die? To become one with the Force."

Reyan nods and says "For those who cannot defend themselves against this threat." resolve in his eyes.

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Mandalore
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ailyn sighs feeling slightly exhilarated as the adrenaline wears off. She'll clean off her sword and sheath it, then she'll walk over to Cailum, "Okay jetii, I fulfilled my part of the bargain, now you fulfill yours."
hobbes
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"What is it?" Ali queries the group.
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The KAWD sends Ali a bust of compressed droidspeak without turning from the cave.

[The cave contains a creature that preys on force sensitive individuals. The organics are using the words Dark Side frequently. This can be interpreted to mean evil or bad. It is likely this creature is some sort of super predator. Speculation: The creature is large and resilient. Speculation: The organics seem to wish to destroy the creature and appear to be preparing to enter the cave and engage it in it's own lair in physical combat which it is likely to be their superior in. This unit has proposed alternative strategies and is waiting for a response.]

OOC: Search 3D any signs of the creatures presence like footsteps in the sand or the like?

hobbes
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In compressed droidspeak to KAWD, "Understood. Viable alternatives to attacking it when/where it has the advantage?"

Ali lays down in the sand and aims Reylan's rifle at the cave just in case the creature makes a surprise appearance.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reylan

Cailum takes the sword blade off his chest, allowing him forward. He notes, looking around, Roth coming over to join them. Reylan then turns back to the cave, an odd sensation washing over him. It feels like he's covered himself in a blanket so as to sleep out under the stars. But a sudden rain storm has arisen, soaking through the blanket. And worse, the thoroughly drenched blanket allows a hard blowing chill wind through.

The blanket and wind feeling goes through to his very bones.

KAWD

The KAWD looks around for signs of the creature. It sees footsteps in the sand and assumes they belong to the creature. But as it examines the footsteps, it notes there are three pairs, all leaving the cave. Two pair show a rapid plodding, shuffling gait as if the owners couldn't move naturally. The third pair is the gait of someone moving with some speed, though not running. The clearest imprints of the first two pairs look very similar to the third pair and the KAWD realizes that these belonged to Jel and Helax while the third pair belongs to Gerl. It sees no other foot prints in the sand save for those of the team.

Ali

Ali takes up a prone position in the sand, aiming into the cave. She notes, once again, that she can't see far into the cave. Maybe two thirds of a meter at best before the mysterious darkness falls like some curtain. She could try targetting with he hearing, but she knows the odds of success are 1 in 3,720 And that's if she can hear anything without any of the other's on the team going in. Otherwise the odds go up increasingly for each individual who enters.

As Ali thinks about this she reflects on artillery spotters, whose job it is to act as forward observes, calling in artillery barrages and directing their aim so they can hit their target.

Ailyn

Cailum removes the katana he has against Reylan's chest as Ali approaches. He listens a moment to her then nods.

"Very well, Roth says he and the KAWD picked up something that could act as a prosthetic for you. It's in the speeder truck. You're free to take it and leave." He then point's up in the sky with his sword. "Of course it would seem your friends have left without you, either they don't care what happens to you or they think your dead. And I doubt you'll find too many back in Anchorhead willing to attach the prosthetic. I doubt it can be attached out here and we're going in there."

Cailum's pointing to the sky reminds Ailyn the Rohlan has abandonded her to her fate. Her own family left her, not caring enough to even attempt a rescue, or find out if she still lived.

Looking back at the speeder truck, she realizes she probably can't take it back as the Giric being will probably try to stop her. And there is the question of who else may help him. She could try walking to Ancorhead, but that will take some time. And she can't see any of the means of transportation she's used in the past to make the journey.

Wanted Poster
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Possible options: Disguising something toxic or explosive as food, ambush/flank attack while force sensitives keep it busy, use speeder truck to drive away from creature and shoot it while remaining out of reach. Tactical evaluation incomplete. Insufficient data on creature.]

Mandalore
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ailyn glances back and forth between the speeder truck and Cailum, finally slouching slightly and turning back to Cailum, "Well, seeing as I don't have much of a chance of making it back to Anchorhead alone, I suppose I'll just stick around for awhile. I don't suppose you would be interested in hireing a bounty hunter would you jetii?", she asks gruffly.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"No," Cailum says with a shake of the head. "But a warrior who would offer their service would be different. Course I can't speak for the team, but I suspect maybe that warrior could be paid.

"You a warrior or a bounty hunter? Or does it not really matter?"

Wanted Poster
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Element of Fire - Hellcat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 138, 139, 140 ... 187, 188, 189  Next
Page 139 of 189

Jump to: