The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Conversions - The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Conversions - The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that we've done stats for him, though we might be able to put that in the priority list somewhere. With two conversion books in the works, so it won't be first on anyone's list. Do you need it for a campaign/adventure or are you just looking to satisfy your own personal curiosity?
JT Swift
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need him for an RPG on Saturday (3/6/10). I'm running "Graveyard of Alderaan" and decided it would be cool if Kota was the guy they found hiding in the ruins instead of some council guy.

He then will be there to help them fight (and be incapacitated by) the 8 Royal Guards that Vader has ambush them. Afterwards he can help train the groups ZiesonSha Force Adept (who hates all Jedi). Laughing

I can improvise his stats if nessecary but if someone wanted to convert him from D20 it would be wonderful!

For Everything about the TARDIS check out
http://www.whoniverse.net/tardis/

For all things Gallifreyan check out
http://meshyfish.com/~roo/index.html
cheshire

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll see what I can do. I make no promises, but I'll try to get to it. Force users are always really difficult.
JT Swift
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether you find the the time or not, thanks for trying!

Very Happy

ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JT Swift wrote:
I need him for an RPG on Saturday (3/6/10). I'm running "Graveyard of Alderaan" and decided it would be cool if Kota was the guy they found hiding in the ruins instead of some council guy.

He then will be there to help them fight (and be incapacitated by) the 8 Royal Guards that Vader has ambush them. Afterwards he can help train the groups ZiesonSha Force Adept (who hates all Jedi). Laughing

I can improvise his stats if nessecary but if someone wanted to convert him from D20 it would be wonderful!

Im actually using the first 'nemesis' of Kota and will have him reappear later..so I have my fingers crossed too...
cheshire

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's not as powerful as I thought he might be, but I guess he can't be TOO powerful, since he's the first boss that you take out. He has 30D total in Force skill dice which has more or less been my intuition for a Jedi Master. He's level 14 in his d20 stat, so he's just BARELY a Jedi master.

There are of course, about a dozen skills listed below that are not represented in the d20 stat block, but only make sense that they'd have to be there, such as his command and tactics. You can't really be a general unless you have some proficiency with those things. He relied HEAVILY on alter-based powers in the game, though so did everyone else. However, his d20 stat block had almost exclusively alter-based powers, so I took that as some cue that he didn't hold with the old philosophy that control and sense must take priority over alter.

His battle armor was a bit strange. If you do a straight conversion into D6, then it's going to give a +1D dex penalty. However, with generally low dexterity skills when compared to other surviving Jedi of the era, it wouldn't make too much sense for him to wear it. If I were using him as an NPC, I would just call it a custom fit and ignore the dex penalty. However, if you want to remain more true to the d20 stat block, keep the dex penalty.

Quote:

Master Rahm Kota
Dex 3D
Dodge 6D+1, blaster 4D+2, brawling Parry 6D, melee combat, 4D+2. melee parry 8D, lightsaber 6D+2
Know 3D+1
Bureaucracy 4D, scholar: Jedi lore: 6D, streetwise 4D, survival 5D+1, tactics 7D, willpower 4D
Mech 2D+1
Astrogation 3D, starship gunnery, 3D+2, starfighter piloting 3D.
Per 3D+1
Command 5D+1:Kota's militia 7D+2 con, 3D+2, hide 4D, search 6D+1, sneak 5D
Str 3D+2
Brawling, 6D, running/jumping 4D+1,
Tech 2D+1
computer programming/repair 3D+1, first aid 4D, lightsaber repair 5D

Control 9D+2
Sense 8DD+1
Alter 11D

Control: accelerate healing, burst of speed, concentration, control pain, emptiness, enhance attribute, hibernation trance, reduce injury,

Sense: combat sense, danger sense, life detection, life sense, sense Force, sense Force potential, receptive telepathy

Control and Sense: Control another's pain, farseeing, lightsaber combat

Control and alter: accelerate another's healing

Control, sense, and alter: affect mind

Force Points: 6
Character Points: 17

Move: 10
Posessions:
Lightsaber (5D damage), Jedi robes, custom fitting combat armor (+1D physical, +1D energy resistance, no dexterity penalty)

Suggestions for revisions are welcome.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of the bad things about Saga. The feats, skills, and talents allow you to get an idea of what skills the individual has, and the probable die associated with the skills, but there's no direct conversion formula like there was with RCRB. That's for the regular skills. When it came to the Force, however, neither system had a good conversion formula for the die codes associated with the Force skills.

Anyway, looking at the stats, they're good for the most part. I'm thinking he should also have the following skills:
Alien species and planetary systems - he led his militia for many years against the Separatists and the Empire. That probably meant they've fought on many worlds and encountered many alien races.
Communications - He talked to the Secret Apprentice via comlink on many occasions.
Starship shields - when it comes to flying and fighting through space, I don't see how anyone cannot have starship shields.
Starfighter piloting or space transports - that's up to you to decide. He should have at least one of them.
Persuasion and/or persuasion: oration - it's likely he managed to recruit volunteers into his militia.
You have running/jumping. I think you meant climbing/jumping. He should also have running, and that's a Dexterity skill.
Demolitions - He gave the order for his men to plant charges on that station in orbit over Nar Shaddaa. Shouldn't he have some experience with explosives, or at least have an idea of how powerful those explosives are in order to figure out where they're to be planted. Or is that covered under his tactics skill

Giving him a higher Alter die - you can call it his choosing not to adhere to the old philosophy. I say it has more to do with his placing emphasis on his Alter skill in order to fight against the Separatists and the Empire better. In any event, I have no prob with his Force skills die distribution.

Minor edit - control another's pain is a Control and Alter power, not Control and Sense.
JT Swift
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

So the guy is blind (at least when my story takes place). I guess all vision based skills would have +4D (complete darkness) to the diff. And the proximity based Force powers would have (at minimum) the +5 (not line of sight) mod.

Of course with Lightsabre Combat, Enhance Attribute, and Combat Sense I doubt the above mods will slow him down too much! Laughing

Thanks again!

Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think that because he's blind permanently now, that you could probably forgo the +5 difficulty to force checks. As he's probably used to it. Not to mention the Miraluka don't have eyes, and they don't get penalties because of a physical restraint. Just an idea.
cheshire

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, you have a number of options open to you. You could just rule that he's learned Force Sight (the same power that the Miraluka use to see) by this point. It just depends on how useful you want him to be in the adventure.
JT Swift
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well part of the plot arc I'm working is that one of the PCs is a ZiesonSha Force user who hates Jedi. He's all so a Miraluka.

So the PC has very little Force Training and really needs a master. But he hates Jedi.

Kota has lots of Force training but really needs someone to teach him how the Miraluka ForceSight works.

So I thought it would make for an interesting master/appentice relationship. Twisted Evil

For these reasons I'll be trying to show how bad @$$ Kota is, while at the same time showing how vulnerable his blindness makes him. Confused

Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JT Swift wrote:
Well part of the plot arc I'm working is that one of the PCs is a ZiesonSha Force user who hates Jedi. He's all so a Miraluka.

So the PC has very little Force Training and really needs a master. But he hates Jedi.

Kota has lots of Force training but really needs someone to teach him how the Miraluka ForceSight works.

So I thought it would make for an interesting master/appentice relationship. Twisted Evil

For these reasons I'll be trying to show how bad @$$ Kota is, while at the same time showing how vulnerable his blindness makes him. Confused

Your scenario brings forth a question that had occurred at times in the EU - who's the master and who's the student. The most recent case was in the CW episode Cloak of Darkness. Luminara cautioned Ahsoka not to be overconfident, but Ahsoka taught Luminara that lesson by example by the end because she didn't underestimate Ventress.
gaara-222
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: converted force unleashed campaign guide Reply with quote

how do you download this? when i click download a laptop pic comes up.
help please i really want this Sad Sad
cheshire

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a countdown timer?
Doomhead
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:33 pm    Post subject: Box.net Reply with quote

Try my Box.net link, located in my signature block. I uploaded it to there.

http://www.box.net/shared/cn6f7sdkog
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: