The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Black Ops
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Black Ops
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mandalore
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject: Black Ops Reply with quote

Hi all,

So I am going to be running a Black Ops game for some friends of mine, from the Imperial perspective. I thought it would be tons of fun and a good action packed game. But then I hit a slight snag, they want the game to be held in the post-vong invasion time era. I can't think of any missions to send the team on. To the best of my knowledge this was a pretty peaceful time period.

Any ideas for missions would be appreciated,

Thanks!
Praxian
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It maybe a pretty peaceful time period as a whole, but the Empire is a shrinking one in that time era.

There could be tons of black ops missions going on. Most of which could focus on bribing / blackmailing / finding dirt on various public officials who're strong supporters of the New Republic to destabilizing military installations of the New Republic that produce new military personnel.

Just because something is black ops doesn't mean it instantly involves combat, so various little things here and there will surprise your players. Black Ops just mean that it's illegal to the government that your sending your players into.

Will there be combat in some missions, obviously. However if a black ops mission is successful it will almost always have little combat as the point of black ops is stealth and secrecy.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Impreial Remnant is, as far as I'm aware, aligned with the New Republic as the Galactic Alliance. There's likely still unrest against the Vong and folks who'd like to get rid of them. There's also the Dark Nest Crisis following the Vong War.

Wanted Poster
jmanski
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And there's still plenty of fighting going on during "peace time". It's just not seen or reported on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: