The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Jedi business
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fading Light - vong -> Jedi business Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiny nods, satisfied with the explanation after it is translated "The Dark ffide iff a fflythmonger getting people hooked by offering the first time for free." He considers his metaphor for a moment and adds "A fflythmonger that haff an infinite ffupply. Ffo why don't the Jedi fix the Dark Ffide, you know clean it up or ffomething?"

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rownn shakes his head "It cannot be cleaned up... it's an basic part of existence. The Light and the Dark are two parts of a whole, swinging in a precarious balance. At any given time one may hold more sway than the other, but, inevitably it will swing the other way. Remove one or the other, if it's even possible, and the whole system spirals out of control into chaos." Rownn considers the metaphor he's been using and presses on, "About all we can do is try to limit how far the balance swings. Beings will always bring about evil and destruction with little effort, so it remains to those of us who understand or recognize the imbalance they create to mitigate it and maintain the balance."

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiny considers this a moment "If it iff all part of a balanffe and the Dark connto be beaten then why do anything at all? The Vong make the Dark ffide fftronger for a while but then the light ffide will come back later. Why not jufft wait it out and let the Forffe deal with it?"

Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOC - I'll drop the white, since Saba's translating Razz

Rownn looks at Tiny a moment, the complexity of his questions both vexing and impressing him, "Like I said, an imbalance like that would send everything into chaos, it must be brought back to balance. There are forces pushing towards the Dark, so, those of us capable are morally responsible to apply the opposing pressure." Pretty sure that this isn't going to suffice, Rownn takes another tack, "From what you'd mentioned during the trial about your life, I think you've seen why we need to do something. Think of your life on Esooma, remember how you felt small, weak, helpless? That is what life would always be for all creatures if the Dark side dominated. We owe it to ourselves, and every other being, to prevent that. A galaxy constantly at war with itself, constantly consuming itself, leaving behind rot and decay, is not a galaxy worth living in; we have to fight for a galaxy in which compassion, kindness and strength exist."

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiny thinks, for a moment "But in the long run, if both Light and Dark ffide cannot be defftroyed then balanffe will be reached regardleff of what we do?"

Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Perhaps, I don't know. And the long run may be measured in cosmic time, well beyond the life span of any known creatures. Imagine entire civilizations that exist only in a dark swing. Perhaps the only way for balance to be achieved is the complete eradication of sentient life? Much of nature seems to exist in a balance, though some areas or creatures seem to concentrate small amounts of light or dark... it is we sentient beings that seem to truly affect the balance."
Rownn glances towards Saba, a look that almost implies help?!?? as he struggles with some of the more difficult concepts of the Force, how it relates to life and how life interacts with it and the balance.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiny fails to notice the look, "Makeff my problemff ffeem pretty ffmall by compariffon."

vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saba helps the flailing Wookie "From a zertain point of view. Imagine an inzect. It buildz itz nezt, huntz itz food and diez. It doez not affect the world that it livez much, but together, all the inzetz provide food for larger creaturez. Without the inzetz the whole world would die. Even one particular inzect could be food for another creature, which will allow it to zurvive to go on and become the firzt zentient on a planet. The inzect waz not aware of its role to give its planet a zentient life, but itz role waz larger then it could comprehend. Imagine that inzect did not forage for food, and convized the other inzectz to ztop. They may die, but perhapz they hunt larger food. Their role no longer fulfiled the planet diez az the balance of nature haz been broken. No longer do the inzectz procezz fallen leavez, and they begin to rot killing the treez."

She continues expanding the example "Imagine you are a predator on that planet. You need to eat 100 inzectz each day to live. You dezide you are hungry and eat 500. You quickly kill all the inzetz in your hunting area and it is beggining to die. You move elzewhere in zearch of more. You keep hunting until everything iz dead. That iz the Dark Zide. Taking what you want with little regard for balanze. It iz not dark to hunt, it is dark to over hunt."

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiny nods indicating he has finished asking questions for now and that the Jedi should continue.

vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saba nods and turns to Rownn and continues in her native tongue <<You will have to study up on philosophy during your down time, it will help you articulate your thoughts to him>> She pauses for a moment before continuing <<Now, since I will not be able to be around you at all times I will teach you how to contact me through the Force. While easier to use in close proximity, this power can be used to contact anyone across the galaxy given training. You will be able to call upon the Jedi Order for help when needed, or simply pass on some intelligence. This power cannot transmit full thoughts, but more feelings and general ideas or images. Speaking the words out loud will also assist you in sending your message. The first step to using this power is to sense the mind of the person you are trying to send the message to. As you did before you enter my mind.>> as she moves her position so she is sitting closer to Rownn, their knees touching. <<Good, now the part you are unfamiliar with. You must sense the energy flowing between our two minds, and use that as a bridge to to put your thoughts in my mind.>> She is quiet as she allows Rownn to attempt the use of the power.

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rownn nods to Saba at her suggestion to research the philosophy more. When she mentions being able to communicate over distance, his expression registers familiarity with the concept, though he'd never experienced it. At her instruction, Rownn closes his eyes and attempts to find the energy flowing between them...

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiny settles down to watch, again attempting meditation though more as a way to pass the time than anything else.

vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finding the energy is quite easy for Rownn. As he has sensed this energy many times while trying to read the mind of others.

Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unsure of quite what to do, Rownn goes with something he thinks might be simple, and pushes forward the idea of green.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saba waits some time before saying <<You are focusing too much on the thought you wish to send, and not enough of the sending. It is much like when you allow your mind to wander, sensing the things around you. But in that case your mind is diffuse, spreading around the exploring for free. Once you have a hold of my mind, you must focus your thoughts on that point, pushing your consciousness into my mind. But not all of your consciousness, but a small idea contained within it.>>

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fading Light - vong All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 15 of 19

Jump to: