The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Force Power Compilation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Force Power Compilation Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at http://www.verminary.com/rebellion/notes.html (Gary Astleford's stuff), and I thought that the conversions there were more or less complete. I've got several pages of Force skills, techniques, and feats that have been converted to powers. He didn't have anything from the Hero's guide, so I did those a few months ago. (I'd be happy to post them if you're interested.)

If you know of any conversions that aren't in Astleford's collection, I'd love to know. I'll check the SWRPGNetwork just in case.

Oh, and I like the Force Jump, though I made a suggestion for a modification in the House Rules thread. Please let me know what you think.
PsiberDragon
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if this helps or not... but I ran across this website that has pretty much all the Force Powers. Sadly, there is no reference as to where the powers are located in the books, but it looked pretty cool, regardless...

http://members.tripod.com/~theguild/starwarsjedipowers.html
cheshire

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I did a quick look, and it may be useful in double checking the prerequisites.

I've been on vacation for a few days, so I haven't made much progress, but I'm getting fairly close to the end.
Rasputiza
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hum, i wonder how accurate it is.
As istance: isn't Rage a Dark Side restricted power? I read the Jedy Academy s.book yesterday and it doesn't state so, but it seems clear that a Light Side Jedi hasn't much use for it as long as he sticks to the light path... (much better Emptiness for him, imho)

Ras
PsiberDragon
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right... it is "Only usable by Sith or Dark Jedi." The webmaster has it put in the description, but didn't change the color of the entry to red.

Eehhh... not perfect, but not a bad place to start...
cheshire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'm getting very close to done here. My question is, how much of the formatting do you want me to do Gry? I'm in Microsoft Word, so I imagine it's going to be pretty far from perfect compared to what you're going to be able to do. Do you want me to tweak the fonts? I think I've got the WEG fonts, though I don't remember exactly which Cheltham they used or exactly which eras they used.

Also, are you going to do the same sort of font/color/formating that they did in the 2nd Ed R&E, the TotJ, or something orriginally Gry?

Let me know.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think all I need from the Word document is that all the bolds, italics, etc are in place.

As for formatting, what would you prefer? Either the format of my Stats books, which is not quite official-WEG, but close, or the format of GG 15, which is as close to 2nd Ed WEG as I think is possible.
PsiberDragon
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're asking for general input, Gry, I'd vote for the GG15 style. Just appeals to me on a more asthetic level. But personally, were I doing it, I'd just go with the more expedient route - whichever that may be.And yes, I know - that leads to the dark side. Wink Twisted Evil
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's also the issue of whether or not we'll include some illustrative pictures to jazz it up. In case we do, we need to gather those.
darthomer09
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That'd be a really cool idea. I'm sure there are a lot of pictures out there involving a great deal of the Force Powers.

In Soviet Russia, RPG plays you!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
darthomer09
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
I looked at http://www.verminary.com/rebellion/notes.html (Gary Astleford's stuff), and I thought that the conversions there were more or less complete. I've got several pages of Force skills, techniques, and feats that have been converted to powers. He didn't have anything from the Hero's guide, so I did those a few months ago. (I'd be happy to post them if you're interested.)

If you know of any conversions that aren't in Astleford's collection, I'd love to know. I'll check the SWRPGNetwork just in case.

Oh, and I like the Force Jump, though I made a suggestion for a modification in the House Rules thread. Please let me know what you think.

Also, all of the Force Powers from that site are (or should be) included in the list i made.

In Soviet Russia, RPG plays you!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
cheshire

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I have opinions about the way things could be laid out, though I don't have an artist's eye. I'm not really good with the aestetics of things like that. So, I'm not really sure how valid my opinion is. Personally, I would like a mix of a couple of these different styles, though I'm inclined to keep my nose out of it. I think I've almost done my job, and the people who are good at layout can do theirs.

So, what I've done is created a document that features three of the four styles we've seen. One is from the R&E, another the TOTJ companion, and then Gry's GG15. I have no idea how Gry did his other stats books, so I can't even begin to try to recreate or guess how he would do a Force powers book. I'm putting the last touches on my end of the book, and I'll let you fine people figure out the rest. Personally, I'm inclined to trust Gry. He's done a fantastic job thus far.

Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn, it keeps saying that "the page you requested cannot be found", am I the only one having this problem?

Well, I'm thinking of doing two versions of this book, one with pictures and one without, so you can each have your pick. Now, what I'd like from you is to gather around pictures of force powers on display. They can be stills from the movies, art pieces, EU drawings, video game screens, whatever. It would be nice to have good variety of pictures, and try to find pics for the least known powers. I'm sure there are tons of "force lightning" pictures around, but how about "heal" or "hybernation trance"....
PsiberDragon
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting:

"We're sorry but the file you are trying to download is temporarily unavailable due to heavy usage of our system.

Please try downloading your file again after waiting a few minutes. We apologize for any inconvenience."

As for pix... I'll see what I can find over the weekend... Very Happy
cheshire

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's strange. I checked it last night when I posted it (just to make sure), and I checked it again this morning. It's working fine for me from two different computers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: