The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Revenge of the Sith Sourcebook
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Revenge of the Sith Sourcebook Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you need to use Microsoft Word or some similar program to do the layout. I'd offer to do it, but if you're planning to make the background similar to what was in the AOTC sourcebook, that might be a little beyond my capabilities at this time.
HACCP
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I got the written material I could take a shot at the layout. And some images wouldn't hurt.

I guess it would take a couple of hours to layout about 50-80 pages.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then it's back on getting the writeups done.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. Then what writeups need to be done.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forceally wrote:
Okay. Then what writeups need to be done.

Maybe an itemized list of what still needs to be done? That way we know what is already finished and what still needs to be completed.
cheshire

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll get you the list later on today, I'm trying to crank out a bit of writing today (work related, don't get excited). I think I've posted a list of the writeups that need to be done in this thread. Then I posted a thread of nothing but the writups that need to be done. If you take a look around, you can find them, and if anyone beats me to the punch of re-posting the write-up list, then I won't gripe.
cheshire

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:

Quote:

Anakin Skywalker (Darth Vader)
Artoo-Detoo
Bail Organa
Bana Breemu
Baron Papanoida
Bene

Breha Antilles Organa
Captain Jeremoch Colton
Captain Raymus Antilles
Captain Gregar Typho
Cat Miin
Chi Eekway
Chewbacca
Coleman Kcaj
Corla Metonae
Coruscant Rescue Ops
Count Dooku (Darth Tyranus)
Cyn Drallig
Dannl Faytonni
Delva Racine
Duke Teta
Fang Zar
Fema Baab
General Grievous
Giddean Danu
Governor Wilhuff Tarkin
Janu Godalhi
Jar Jar Binks
Koyi Mateil
Lampay Fay
Lieutenant Barrow Oicunn
Lushros Dofine
Mace Windu
Malé-Dee
Mas Amedda
Meena Tills
Merumeru
Mon Mothma
Moteé
Nee Alavar
Neimoidian Guard
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Olana Chion
Orn Free Taa
Ottegru Grey
Padmé Amidala
Palpatine (Darth Sidious)
Passel Argente
Queen Apailana
R4-G9
Romeo Treblanc
Rystáll Sant
Salporin
See-Threepio
Sheltay Retrac
Silya Shessaun
Sly Moore
Tannon Praji
Terr Taneel
Tion Medon
Tundra Dowmeia
Whie Malreaux
Yoda
Zett Jukassa
Zo Howler

I'll have to double check, because I think there were a few of these that got written down. Though a couple were by ESL speakers, and it kind of showed. I think this was 5 pages back. I'll double check when I get more time. Sorry, I've been running from one project to the next today.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are the ones that still need to be done?

Is there anything other than hero/villan stats that need work?

What would be required for each entry? Fluff? Stats? Anything else?
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fission wrote:
Coruscant Rescue Ops

Coruscant Rescue Ops were emergency rescue, clean-up, and fire-fighting teams based on Coruscant that assisted in off-loading, refueling and basic maintenance of the tens of thousands of ships. Each planetary district maintained their own Rescue Op teams. Many Rescue Ops were poorly educated and underpaid, as their work was thought more fitting for droids.

At the higher end of the Rescue Ops were Coruscant's fire-fighting teams; they piloted firespeeders, wore fire and radiation-proof body suits (including bronze helmets), and were equipped with fire-suppression backpacks that fed handheld hose-guns. These teams protected the endless urban sprawl from disastrous fires and explosions.
A member of Fire Team Three pilots an Emergency firespeeder.

During the Clone Wars, many Rescue Op members were drafted into the Republic military and were often be found serving aboard Republic warships. During the Battle of Coruscant, Fire Team Three helped guide the Invisible Hand down when it crashed into an abandoned industrial precinct while extinguishing the flames from the wrecked ship.

So, something like this?

Type: Coruscant Rescue Ops
Dexterity: 2D+1
Dodge 3D+2
Knowledge: 2D
Sirvival: Disaster Areas 5D
Mechanical: 3D+1
Repulsorlift Operation: Firespeeder 5D+1
Perception: 2D+1
Search 4D
Strength: 2D
Stamina 4D
Technical: 2D
First Aid 3D+2
Move: 10
Equipment: Rescue Ops Suit (+2 energy, +1 physical, +2D against fire & radiation damage), Handheld Hose Gun.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this project abandoned, or just on hold? If help for layout is the main concern, I have done much with Microsoft word, provided I know what fonts to use, and what he desired result is, I could handle layout, and would be more than willing to contribute my abilities if it will see this book finished and released.
cheshire

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gry Sarth has the files for this book, and he is currently AWOL. I sent him a message a couple months back just saying hello, and I never got a reply. I'd also sent one to him prior to that, also getting no reply.

I have a suspicion that the conversion books are the last contributions to his legacy.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm beginning to fear he has fallen victim to Darth Real Life.
cheshire

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not really all that surprising. The last time the two of us talked he'd had quite a few major projects on the docket, and also priorities change once you get married. It's kinda the way life works. I'm actually kinda surprised that I'm still around here. After having a couple of kids come along really did a number on many of my hobbies. Roleplaying seems to have stuck, though.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
It's not really all that surprising. The last time the two of us talked he'd had quite a few major projects on the docket, and also priorities change once you get married. It's kinda the way life works. I'm actually kinda surprised that I'm still around here. After having a couple of kids come along really did a number on many of my hobbies. Roleplaying seems to have stuck, though.

I know that feeling well. When I got married, my gaming went from roughly 36 hours a weekend to 8-10 hours a weekend. Kids knocked that down to 6 hours a weekend with frequent stops for feedings/diaper changes, . . . .

On the other hand, I've had to give up most of my other hobies so I still have time for roleplaying. How I see it, in a few years, I'll be able to add a couple of new gamers to our group!
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
Gry Sarth has the files for this book, and he is currently AWOL. I sent him a message a couple months back just saying hello, and I never got a reply. I'd also sent one to him prior to that, also getting no reply.

I have a suspicion that the conversion books are the last contributions to his legacy.

A shame, his skills will be missed. His stat books were a wonderfully ambitious and useful endeavor. Though I understand how Real Life® can interfere, it is even the bane of many projects on the 3D art boards (especially for the various Team Dystopia endeavors).

The source materials do not exist in any other context though? If it does become possible at some future date, I will be willing to help with layout.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74  Next
Page 71 of 74

Jump to: