The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

STOP!!!!! What to roll?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> STOP!!!!! What to roll? Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scott2978
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally much prefer the cinematic method of running chases. If I was the GM in the given example, the way I'd run that encounter is like so:

"You see <bad guy> round the corner at the end of the corridor, nearly losing his footing as he slides on the freshly waxed duracrete."

and

"As you round the corner, you briefly catch a glimpse of <bad guy> pushing a button on some sort of remote control before he ducks into a doorway. You know <bad guy>'s propensity for clever traps so your senses immediately go to full alert!"

and

"Just as you suspected, <bad guy> has another sly trick up his sleeve. Moments before you run headlong into it, you spot a <trap type> dead ahead. You shout a warning to the others as you try to fling yourself out of the way of the <trap type>."

Something like that, with the players making the appropriate rolls along the way.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the idea i had in mind for this, he would have a good 3-4 rounds worth of movement lead. So even if he took a round to slow down, stop then press the button to activate the trap (which would not be a wall activated thing but imo more of a remote control unit), he still would be enough ahead of the characters that by the time they rounded the corner, they would not see him pressing anything...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: