The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

My campaign
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> My campaign
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hanfan29
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: My campaign Reply with quote

Our campaign takes place just after episode II. When we first started my PCs consisted of a female Twi'lek Jedi Neeva Shard, Boshh Mandalis an Ubese bounty hunter, Balac a Rodian bounty hunter, two human pirates Baine Achilles and Sisco Styx and Baines brother a gambler Stylles Achilles. After we created the characters it was a week before we got to play our first game, in that time I was racking my brain trying to come up with a way to get them all together. I didnt want to just throw them together and say theyve known eachother forever then one night when I was watching the movie Dirty Dozen inspiration struck. I had all the characters start out having been arrested for various crimes some they actualy commited some (the gambler was a cheater) some they didnt (Balac was framed for killing another bounty hunter). I then had the Jedi and an NPC Clone trooper Captain Vorhees assigned by Palpatine and the counsil to put together a special team of roughnecks who are familiar with the Outer Rim and could operate unnoticed to go to a separtist world Oberon and destroy a droid manufacturing plant there. The Jedi and clone trooper recruited the other PCs and the team was together. I know the post was long but I wanted to share.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A dirty dozen motif, could work, though once out in the field, they would need to still 'fear' something, otherwise what is to keep them from running off. Perhaps, they all have had some sort of bomb, placed in their heads, and only proper detection of the completion of their mission(s) ensure it is not exploded.
Chabit Rane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did something like the "ditry dozen" in another game I did. it works fine if your using something to motivate the PCs. What I did was offer a clean record, 100000 cr, and ship. It worked fine for my group.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Hanfan29
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great suggestions i like the clean record and credits angle thanks for the input it will give them the opportunity to start out fresh into the campaign.
Chabit Rane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing I did was have them use experimental equipment to. It was a good way to control new ideas for weapons & equipment. If it proved to be too powerful or non balanced I could control if they keep it or not Twisted Evil .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's another good point. Such characters LOVE to be the first to try out new equipment. Just make sure that if you decide the stuff's too overpowered to let the characters keep them, that you take it back in a situation where they can't use said overpowered equipment to kill off your operatives and just keep the stuff... Shocked

Yeah, it'd make 'em outlaws again, but they'd be FUN outlaws. 8)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: