The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Ex-StormTroopers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Ex-StormTroopers Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's Kyp and Zek?
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyp Durron is a character from the Jedi Academy trilogy of books. And his brother Zek was a conscripted trooper.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyp is also in the New Jedi Order series.

His family was taken as political prisoners by the Empire. Kyp spent around 9 (I think) years in Kessel. Zekk was conscripted into the stormie ranks, sent to the Carida Military Training Facility. After Kyp was lured to the dark side by Exar Kun, he stole the Sun Crusher and went to retrieve Zekk. He shot one of the SCs resonance torpedoes into Carida's sun, causing it to go nova. The blast ended up killing Zekk.

Zekk had been heavily brainwashed. But as Kyp made Zekk realize that it was his long-lost brother, Zekk began coming out from under the brainwashing influence. Not completely, nor did he have time to. He was killed trying to get into the Sun Crusher so they could escape.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would explain it, I did not care for either series of books, and never read them in any completeness. There was just too much fluff and contradiction to what was already established. I mean, really, a Jedi Wookie? pffft.
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KageRyu wrote:
...I mean, really, a Jedi Wookie? pffft.

Ditto.
Revan
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A jedi wookie would have a lot of trouble to not fall to the darkside, am I right?
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revan wrote:
A jedi wookie would have a lot of trouble to not fall to the darkside, am I right?

I feel you are exactly right. Wookies are known for their rages and their emotional turmoil overall. With a wookie in the throws of that rage I see them getting a darkside point for using a force point, and that's for a non-jedi Wookie.

I don't know about other GMs, but I always felt the way the rage was handled officially in the RPG was a little too easy for players to control (announcing when they choose to enter it and leave it) as if it was just a bonus 2D they could use whenever. I institued a house rule that, when a situation occours that might enrage the wookie (as agreed upon by the GM and player before play) the wookie needs a Willpower roll to resist (difficulty based on severity of consequences). Most of my players over the years have found this fair.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KageRyu wrote:
Revan wrote:

I feel you are exactly right. Wookies are known for their rages and their emotional turmoil overall. With a wookie in the throws of that rage I see them getting a darkside point for using a force point, and that's for a non-jedi Wookie.

I don't know about other GMs, but I always felt the way the rage was handled officially in the RPG was a little too easy for players to control (announcing when they choose to enter it and leave it) as if it was just a bonus 2D they could use whenever. I institued a house rule that, when a situation occours that might enrage the wookie (as agreed upon by the GM and player before play) the wookie needs a Willpower roll to resist (difficulty based on severity of consequences). Most of my players over the years have found this fair.

Actually, BTB the wookie rage is not that easy to control or come out of.
PAGE 218, R&E.
The wookie must make a Moderate Perception checl to calm down from the rage, while enemies are present. ANd while enraged, the wookie suffers -1d to his perception, and rolls a min of 1d for the check. IF no enemies are present, the roll is easy (at no penalties).. And that bonus 2d they get, is for Str when deciding DAMAGE. Not brawling skill, and suffers -2d from everything else NOT based on strength. And imo they also are not going to dodge/parry..
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:

PAGE 218, R&E.
The wookie must make a Moderate Perception checl to calm down from the rage, while enemies are present. ANd while enraged, the wookie suffers -1d to his perception, and rolls a min of 1d for the check. IF no enemies are present, the roll is easy (at no penalties).. And that bonus 2d they get, is for Str when deciding DAMAGE. Not brawling skill, and suffers -2d from everything else NOT based on strength. And imo they also are not going to dodge/parry..

Even so, with the player deciding when and where to enter, it grants too much leeway. I would not prohibit a wookie in rage from dodging or parrying, as they don't completely forget how to fight, they just become governed by anger, but the -2D for non strength is definately applied. My main concern is that the rage is glossed over, and a particular issue is left out, like burning FP in rage should result in a dark side point as the Wookie is in the throes of Anger (even so, 5D+2D x 2 = 14D!). I could easily see an enraged wookie force user lashing out with Telekinetic Kill, and worse I could easily justify NOT applying the -2D to the force powers as the dark side would WANT HIM TO TURN, thus aiding him in his enraged state... basically, what I am saying is...
Wookies Can't Be Jedi
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KageRyu wrote:
Wookies Can't Be Jedi

I can't see why thay can't be Jedi. They just walk a thinner line then most.

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orgaloth wrote:

I can't see why thay can't be Jedi. They just walk a thinner line then most.

Really? I thought I just explained quite well why they can't be jedi.
Jedi Master + Wookie Student +(Wookie Rage + Force Power = Darksidepoint)/(wookie rage + force use = Darksidepoint) = Reckless = Dark Side Point for master
Razz
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's if they fall into the Rage. Also (I know this isn't the movies, but WEG did do a book) In the Tales of the Jedi, there are 2 aliens very similiar to wookiee's. They seemed to rage at a drop of a hat, had teh claws, and were Jedi students.

If the Master feels he can take a wookiee on as a student, then good for him.

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Allst Beamem
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm agreeing with Orgaloth here,

I've played lots of wookies and have never even used the rage thing just didn't seem worth it.

and as a GM one of my best pc's was a wookie Jedi
Smile
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KageRyu wrote:
garhkal wrote:

PAGE 218, R&E.

Even so, with the player deciding when and where to enter, it grants too much leeway. I would not prohibit a wookie in rage from dodging or parrying, as they don't completely forget how to fight, they just become governed by anger, but the -2D for non strength is definately applied. My main concern is that the rage is glossed over, and a particular issue is left out, like burning FP in rage should result in a dark side point as the Wookie is in the throes of Anger (even so, 5D+2D x 2 = 14D!). I could easily see an enraged wookie force user lashing out with Telekinetic Kill, and worse I could easily justify NOT applying the -2D to the force powers as the dark side would WANT HIM TO TURN, thus aiding him in his enraged state... basically, what I am saying is...
Wookies Can't Be Jedi

Actually, that would be 5dX2 +2d bonus = 12d.... But i still agree, DSP if spent during beserk. ANd i based my 'no parry' from what i read on berserkers, in all other game systems. When in their berserker rage, they have no care for defense, so i apply the same to the wookie.
Revan
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think will be very difficult to a wookie to even become a padawan, because the jedi believe in control and balance to understand the force and wookies aren't known for their calm and control. Letting a wookie become a jedi would require a lot of interpretation from the player to show him how the darkside is near them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: