The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Darth Maul's Ship?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Darth Maul's Ship? Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darthomer09
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Darth Maul's Ship? Reply with quote

I was watching Episode 1 again last night and was thinking, Darth Maul's ship (a Sith Interceptor if I remember) was awesome. Anyone have any stats for it?

In Soviet Russia, RPG plays you!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure do:

Sith Infiltrator
Craft: Heavily modified Republic Sienar Systems Star Courier
Type: Sith infiltrator
Scale: Starfighter
Length: 26.5 meters
Skill: Space transports: Star courier
Crew: 1
Crew Skill: Astrogation 4D+2, communications 6D+2, sensors 4D+2, space transports: Sith Infiltrator 6D, starship gunnery 5D, starship shields 5D
Passengers: 6
Cargo Capacity: 2.5 metric tons
Consumables: 30 days
Cost: Not for sale
Hyperdrive Multiplier: x1.5
Hyperdrive Backup: x12
Nav Computer: Yes
Maneuverability: 2D
Space: 8
Atmosphere: 365; 1,050 km/h
Hull: 3D
Shields: 2D
Sensors:
Passive: 25/2D+1
Scan: 40/3D+1
Search: 60/4D+1
Focus: 4/5D
Weapons:
6 Light Laser Cannons (fire-linked)
Fire Arc: Front
Skill: Starship gunnery
Fire Control: 3D
Space Range: 1-3/12/25
Atmosphere Range: 100-300/1.2/25 km
Damage: 7D
Note: Darth Maul's Infiltrator is equipped with a stygium crystal cloaking device. This device bestows a 3D+1 penalty to any Sensors rolls made to detect it. This penalty also reduces bonuses granted by Fire Control systems to a minimum of 0D, and the difficulty to hit the Infiltrator is increased as if it were under 1/2 cover (Rulebook page 93) due to the Infiltrator's indistinct lines.
Source: The Dark Side Sourcebook (pages 62-63)
darthomer09
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweetness.... now all i need is to convince my GM to take us to the blackmarket again so i can snag me one of these

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this one is Darth Maul's ship, not a stock Star Courier. You shouldn't find this ship just hanging in the black market. Granted, the Sith Infiltrator has to have ended up somewhere after Maul's death, but getting it should be the goal of an adventure, not just a trip to the market.
Chabit Rane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be an almost epic adventure I would think (IMO).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
darthomer09
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to propose that to my GM. Although god knows how many ways that psychopath will try and blow us up in a campaign like that.

Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as it's not with another Death Star shaped bomb...

what a maroon!
darthomer09
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope not... I'm running out of back-up characters.

Boomer
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Death Star scale Death Star bomb would have been better used as a fleet trap... your GM is uncreative and simply out to kill you.

As for going after the Sith Infiltrator. I already have it's fate in mind in case my players decide to go after it...
...well, chabit, go after it.
to finance my 'vette!
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I'm saying. Pay him back by having everyone in your party just kill off all his NPCs across the board, whether they're there to help you or kill you. If that doesn't send the message, then just have the party go into the local cantina and get into lum guzzling contests, and nothing else. Maybe when it becomes NOT fun for him to GM the sessions, he'll take the hint that it's not fun for you all to be playing them.
Robert
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
That's what I'm saying. Pay him back by having everyone in your party just kill off all his NPCs across the board, whether they're there to help you or kill you. If that doesn't send the message, then just have the party go into the local cantina and get into lum guzzling contests, and nothing else. Maybe when it becomes NOT fun for him to GM the sessions, he'll take the hint that it's not fun for you all to be playing them.

Ever tried telling Rolling Eyes
But on the other hand - lum guzzling can be very funny Twisted Evil
darthomer09
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh. We always take turns GMing already and we usually get a good laugh out of our strange consequences for failing rolls. Although this lum guzzling intrigues me...

Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the guys in my group "Keyed" a nuke once due to a busted roll. Very Happy

I was the only one that bought a Spacesuit, so they had some old, bulky suits looted off an alien space station. And, well, they got stuck between a nuke and the asteroid wall. So, using my Line Thrower, I got a 200-Kilo test out to them, and we all started pulling.

*Skreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*, big, long gash in the paint job of a nuke.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert wrote:
Quote:

Ever tried telling Rolling Eyes
But on the other hand - lum guzzling can be very funny Twisted Evil

The payback is only after the GM has refused to listen to reason and continues with his practice of simply wanting to see how many different ways he can kill PCs.

And yeah, lum guzzling contests are GREAT- especially if you're a Jedi with Detoxify Poison; you can drink ANYONE under the table- except perhaps another Jedi. Wink

Do like the chick in Raiders of the Lost Ark, pretending to be drunk until your opponent drops out. hehehe Twisted Evil
Phalanks Balas
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if the stats of the stygium cloaking device shouldn't be better.
This kind of device makes a ship invisible to sensors en visual checking.
3D+1 of penalty is not enough. An ISD in search mode (200/4D) can easily detect a ship with a stygium cloaking device. I think it doesn't match with the storry.
I propose the following stats:
These bonus / malus apply for starship under cloaking device and all surrounding starships.
+6D to the difficulty roll to detect. Successfull roll indicate that the operator of the sensor found something wrong: "it is impossible that this part of the univers is totally empty !". Thus it is not possible to perform any identification.
-6D to fire control computers (0D minimum).
Stygium cloaking device gives 1/2 cover (+2D to the difficulty to hit).

what's your opinion mates ?

A day you will be facing the guns of the Black Pearl. You will know what means damned pirates !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: