The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Dulok 'template'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Dulok 'template'
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dondoozat D. Jawa
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Dulok 'template' Reply with quote

As all you fellas & ladies know, one can easily 'cook up' a template for everything from timorus Jawas to noble Imperials, but has anyone every tried a Dulok (one of those nasty gits from the "Ewoks" animated Tv series)? My players and I somehow favor the nasty & unsavory and we've been thinking Duloks could fulfill the same roll as ewoks, but more obnoxius and disposed to violence with all the appropriate comedy relief (we're getting a little tired of jawas).

Now I haven't seen the show in about twenty-odd years and forget what qualities the Duloks had (other than being sullen, ill-tempered and jealous the vile ewoks). Any one got a suggestions for there game stats & physical traits, I planned on slighty re-vamping the ewok template to fit the bill.

And of course the major advantage to using a Dulok, there not as sickenlingly cute as the ewoks...
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know about stats, but here's a nice depiction of a Dulok by a fan artist:

hisham
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there are several templates possible with Duloks.

Failed Dulok Shaman - a shaman who let his tribe down and had gone into exile only to find himself offworld in a quest to prove himself. (Limited Force skills, probably)

Naive Dulok Oracle - old oracle who is the master within his own little world on Endor, and thinks what works on Endor works elsewhere in the galaxy, although his oracle powers still work wonders once in a while (perhaps some form of limited Farseeing)

Young Dulok Warrior - a Curious Explorer template analogue. Perhaps he's gone offworld to looks for a lost king, or a stolen village artefact.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what Jawa meant was actually to create the stats block for the Dulok species. Only then would it be possible to go creating templates.
Dondoozat D. Jawa
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gry' s right, I need to figure what traits and dispostions the Duloks have in order to cook up their racial template. From there I can see about using Hisham's suggestions for player templates, so far I am pleased with them and will suggest them to my Dulok bretheren before going on their jihad against the cute & cuddly
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: