The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Element of Fire - IC- Episode II First Contact
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Element of Fire - Hellcat -> Element of Fire - IC- Episode II First Contact Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 127, 128, 129, 130, 131  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8440

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You are of course correct about pride," Roth says good-naturedly. "Unfortunately there are not really any other words that convey the feeling properly. And trust me, I do NOT consider myself better than others. Better-trained in some areas, yes. But better? Never.

"And I meant no slight about knowing only how to forge katanas. What you said makes sense; since I have no knowledge of it whatsoever, I didn't know if you are taught from the beginning how to forge the one kind, or if you are taught how to forge them all."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff


Joined: 29 Jul 2004
Posts: 11921
Location: New England

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syllri checks some readouts then turns to look at Daevon.

"If we are not currently facing a threat from the Krath, perhaps you should check to make sure everyone is safe, Daevon. I do not believe we are yet ready to jump to hyperspace, so I should be able to monitor things here in your absence. If I need you I shall call for you."
_________________
FLUFFY for President!!!!

Wanted Poster
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff


Joined: 29 Jul 2004
Posts: 11921
Location: New England

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Skyler wrote:
"You are of course correct about pride," Roth says good-naturedly. "Unfortunately there are not really any other words that convey the feeling properly. And trust me, I do NOT consider myself better than others. Better-trained in some areas, yes. But better? Never.

"And I meant no slight about knowing only how to forge katanas. What you said makes sense; since I have no knowledge of it whatsoever, I didn't know if you are taught from the beginning how to forge the one kind, or if you are taught how to forge them all."


"The basics of forging a sword are much the same for any sword. But each type has it's own method that build upon the basics, thus making the forging of the various types different. But we can begin actually forging even a crude sword here. Making a crude sword out of metal bars or sheets maybe, if we have the tools and some metal to spare."
_________________
FLUFFY for President!!!!

Wanted Poster
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8440

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eyes widening just a bit, Roth says, "I would be honored to begin. However, we should probably wait until we are sure we're out of range of that fighter; I'll need to be able to respond instantly should he be playing dead."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff


Joined: 29 Jul 2004
Posts: 11921
Location: New England

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I am not suggesting we begin now. Until we enter hyperspace we must assume we are in danger from that outpost down there. From that very planet even. Is that the only Krath outpost down there or are there others? And if that is indeed the only outpost, does it have the only landing field where they land those fighters. There is much we can see from orbit. But planets are not some flat, one sided disks but large, usually spheriphical objects. You know as well as I do that there could well be another outpost or two just beyond the horizon and we can't seem them. And if there's no more outposts, there could be hidden landing fields in caves or forests. Personally I'd rather if there is any more Krath locations on the planet they were landing fields as I don't want to think about the possibility of more droid foundries.

"As for the Krath fighter out there, perhaps it is not a threat. But that depends on whether or not this malfunctioning system is telling us the truth. According to this system, it's amazing that thing is still in one piece. Much less still flying at all. If I am reading things correctly, the system claims that the fighter is so badly damaged that it can not fight anymore.

"However, I am not foolish enough to tell you not to view it as a potential threat despite it's damage. A desperate man may attempt one last desperate act even if they have no weapons available to them."
_________________
FLUFFY for President!!!!

Wanted Poster
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8440

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roth nods. "That is why I'm maintaining my Danger Sense. If we come under attack before we hit hyperspace, I will know."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vong
Jedi


Joined: 30 Aug 2006
Posts: 6699
Location: Ottawa, Canada

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rylan says over the comm as he forms up with the larger ship "How are your repairs going? No rush, but we need to get out of here before the next wave of fighters come in."
_________________
The Vong have Arrived

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff


Joined: 29 Jul 2004
Posts: 11921
Location: New England

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Skyler wrote:
Roth nods. "That is why I'm maintaining my Danger Sense. If we come under attack before we hit hyperspace, I will know."


Cailum nods as he moves away from Roth. Just before he leaves Roth thinks he catches a faint smile of approval on the older Jedi's face.

Looking at the targetting screen, Roth notes what appears to be a white mist coming from the damaged fighter. He grabs the stick and begins adjusting his aim, then realizes the mist isn't a danger towards them. Studying things a bit longer, it dawns on Roth that the mist is actually liquid oxygen, freezeing as it comes into contact with the vacuum of space and being spewed out of it's housing at a high rate. The fighter is literally loosing life giving oxygen at a high rate.

_________________
FLUFFY for President!!!!

Wanted Poster
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff


Joined: 29 Jul 2004
Posts: 11921
Location: New England

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vong wrote:
Rylan says over the comm as he forms up with the larger ship "How are your repairs going? No rush, but we need to get out of here before the next wave of fighters come in."


"Agreed," comes the reply over the comm. "We took quite a bit of damage when we crashed, so I am not currently certain how long it will take to get a hyperdrive working. I will check with our repair team."

The first voice signs off and is replaced minutes later by a second voice. This one sounds a bit older than the first.

"May I have the honor of knowing who you are, friend?"
_________________
FLUFFY for President!!!!

Wanted Poster
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff


Joined: 29 Jul 2004
Posts: 11921
Location: New England

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syllri gets on the intercom and calls back to the KAWD, Arek, and Girick.

"How soon until we can jump? We've picked up a friendly and they are as concerned as I about our escaping this system before we recieve further company."
_________________
FLUFFY for President!!!!

Wanted Poster
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8440

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellcat wrote:
Jedi Skyler wrote:
Roth nods. "That is why I'm maintaining my Danger Sense. If we come under attack before we hit hyperspace, I will know."


Cailum nods as he moves away from Roth. Just before he leaves Roth thinks he catches a faint smile of approval on the older Jedi's face.

Looking at the targetting screen, Roth notes what appears to be a white mist coming from the damaged fighter. He grabs the stick and begins adjusting his aim, then realizes the mist isn't a danger towards them. Studying things a bit longer, it dawns on Roth that the mist is actually liquid oxygen, freezeing as it comes into contact with the vacuum of space and being spewed out of it's housing at a high rate. The fighter is literally loosing life giving oxygen at a high rate.


Roth raises Syllri on the intercom. "Syllri...check that damaged fighter. It's losing oxygen at an incredible rate. If they don't turn back, they're going to die. You want to hail them and let them know, so they have the chance to save their lives?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff


Joined: 29 Jul 2004
Posts: 11921
Location: New England

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Skyler wrote:
Hellcat wrote:
Jedi Skyler wrote:
Roth nods. "That is why I'm maintaining my Danger Sense. If we come under attack before we hit hyperspace, I will know."


Cailum nods as he moves away from Roth. Just before he leaves Roth thinks he catches a faint smile of approval on the older Jedi's face.

Looking at the targetting screen, Roth notes what appears to be a white mist coming from the damaged fighter. He grabs the stick and begins adjusting his aim, then realizes the mist isn't a danger towards them. Studying things a bit longer, it dawns on Roth that the mist is actually liquid oxygen, freezeing as it comes into contact with the vacuum of space and being spewed out of it's housing at a high rate. The fighter is literally loosing life giving oxygen at a high rate.



Roth raises Syllri on the intercom. "Syllri...check that damaged fighter. It's losing oxygen at an incredible rate. If they don't turn back, they're going to die. You want to hail them and let them know, so they have the chance to save their lives?"


"I'll try, Roth. But we're even lucky we've been able to communicate with our friend out there. Damage report says the comm is operating at nomial capacity. We don't even know if the Krath fighter still has a comm, or if the pilot is even still alive for that mater."
_________________
FLUFFY for President!!!!

Wanted Poster
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff


Joined: 29 Jul 2004
Posts: 11921
Location: New England

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esoomian wrote:
"Designation Giric Gynn of the Yegoglar accepted. Assesment indicates many relays require total rebuilds. Commencing process now."


The KAWD works diligently to modify the relays so they are set up for external connection. It then begins attaching the relays once it finishes the modifications At one point Giric pushes the droid aside. Before it can really say anything, the KAWD notes that the Yegoglar is actually programming a relay it just installed, managing to boost preformance just slightly. He then steps back, motioning for the droid to continue it's work.
_________________
FLUFFY for President!!!!

Wanted Poster
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8440

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roth replies, "Well, if one of our companions aboard can do it, to take the load off you and perhaps work a little magic on the comm system, that would be welcome too.

"I just don't think we should simply abandon them to that fate, if it can be helped."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral


Joined: 29 Oct 2003
Posts: 6176
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The KAWD stores records the programming Giric Gynn of the Yegoglar performed in it's memory banks to review later as it continues. Using it's internal comm. it responds.

"A hyperspace calculation for a six hour jump, using the primary hyperdrive unit is 63% likely to exactly fill the time remaining until hyperdrive repairs are completed to a sufficient level."

OOC: The KAWD is aware that a six hour jump will take 36hrs with the secondary hyperdrive but it wants to get more repairs done in the relative safety of hyperspace.
_________________
Don't waste money on expensive binoculars.

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Element of Fire - Hellcat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 127, 128, 129, 130, 131  Next
Page 128 of 131

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group


v2.0