The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Sick, twisted, and cool, new way to kill!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> Sick, twisted, and cool, new way to kill!!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:30 am    Post subject: Sick, twisted, and cool, new way to kill!!! Reply with quote

I was just day dreaming up a possible new module. One in which the players hear about a possible new imperial weapon, for ground combat, that has been caused lots of deaths. No one who has seen it (other than the imps) is alive. So the PCs are recruited to find out what it is...

Basically a pair of matching speeders, where there is a boom at the rear, rising up at an angle. This boom looks like an elongated back rest, but what is special about it, is that it has a monofilament strip (galadiniums) along it's edge, with the matching 'top' strip on the other bike. How it works is the bikes swoop towards the target, to be killed, but split up, going by it either side of the target. Since the speeders are going fast, it does the max damage possible for the strips (8d).

It has the nastyness, but also shock value, as no one would expect something like this, therefore IMO would not be getting a dodge roll, though i would say the bikers would have a hard time coordinating the maneuver (say a 25-30 repulsor difficulty)....

So, sick?? Twisted, or just plain cruel!
Artemas Ward the XXIII
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that this use of tactics (it is not quite a full weapon system) is worth an entire adventure. Maybe used in an adventure, but it doesn't quite warrant the centre-of-attention-mission-objective that you suggested.

EDIT: I think that this is a really nifty idea to use regardless.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, it's a cool tactic to be used in a favourable situation, but it's not something that would cause the rebel officers to lose any sleep. When you see Imperial Bikers coming at you, you shoot them down instantly, whether they have a monofilament-wire trap assembled or not.

So I agree with the above post, it's a cool gruesome idea to use in a battle, but I wouldn't make such a fuss on it.
Boomer
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the adventure, I agree with everyone else. Not exactly an entire adventure.
Unless of course the premise is mis-information. Couple of clever scout troopers came up with the idea, and with a little trickery they make slicing people in half seem like some unseen super-anti infantry weapon. Rebel Command hears about this, and sends people to investigate thinking it is a super-weapon and not just a couple of troopers getting crafty.

As for hitting the PCs, it would be a bit difficult to coordinate, and they probably would not get hit on the first pass. Of course also describing the visual of other things being sliced up between the two speeders would also be neat, and would still get a good reaction from the PCs.
to finance my 'vette!
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boomer wrote:
For the adventure, I agree with everyone else. Not exactly an entire adventure.
Unless of course the premise is mis-information. Couple of clever scout troopers came up with the idea, and with a little trickery they make slicing people in half seem like some unseen super-anti infantry weapon. Rebel Command hears about this, and sends people to investigate thinking it is a super-weapon and not just a couple of troopers getting crafty.

As for hitting the PCs, it would be a bit difficult to coordinate, and they probably would not get hit on the first pass. Of course also describing the visual of other things being sliced up between the two speeders would also be neat, and would still get a good reaction from the PCs.

Ohh.. I like.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with everyone else. It'd be better served as a tactic than an adventure.

As for initial dodge, even if you fire at the speeder bikes and miss, you're not too bloody likely to just stand still while they mow you down, are you? I personally would be just a little leery of getting tagged with the belly-mounted blaster, and so would at least duck until they'd passed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: