The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The Ssi-ruuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> The Ssi-ruuk Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All they would really need is Mechanical and Perception, for fighting off the force powers.

What about the larger, manned ships? Any ideas Esoomian?

I would appreciate any thoughts from anyone about this. Smile

"I don't buy that cluck like a dog, bark like a chicken stuff." -Col. Jack O'Neill
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fighting off force powers? Why would they be fighting off force powers the Ssi-ruuk are force blind.

The larger ships I'm not sure I'll check the book and see how they fare vs other ships and I'll try and give you a comparison (IE better or worse than a rebellion frigate kind of comparison)

Remember even the manned ships are powered by souls... quite a lot of souls actutually I think it might even be as high as one soul per console... It's a good thing The P'w'eke are so readily available as the ships would be completely unviable without a large source of souls
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Fighting off force powers? Why would they be fighting off force powers the Ssi-ruuk are force blind.

Force blind or not, a Jedi can still use powers on the Ssi-ruuk and their droids. Especially if they are using human souls.

P'w'eck, droids and souls run the larger ships.

"I don't buy that cluck like a dog, bark like a chicken stuff." -Col. Jack O'Neill
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct but a Ssi-ruuk programmed droid would not be very able to defend itself from this sort of attack... However it does have a form of defence in it's nausiating darkside nature
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
However it does have a form of defence in it's nausiating darkside nature

What's the range of the darkside aura?

Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure a few feet I think. Luke was affected when he was near a ship or inside a Ssi-ruuk capital ship near a large power source or neer an entechment chair.

But if he purposely reached out and tried to make contact with a drone or control/manipulate them with the force, thats when he really felt it... And of course when they died he felt the release of their tortured souls

Last edited by Esoomian on Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice I like that. That's very helpful, thanks. Smile

Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just doing what I can with what I got Smile

Quote from the movie Tremors 2... bonus points for anyone who can put it in context
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esoomian wrote:
Just doing what I can with what I got Smile

Quote from the movie Tremors 2... bonus points for anyone who can put it in context

Burt with the Grizzly .50 BMG Bolt Action Rifle, IIRC. Before anyone asks, the film team didn't know about the .50 Barret Rifle when they filmed it. They fixed that in the short-lived TV Series.

I wonder what Burt's Great-Great-Great Grandpappy is going to have in Tremors 4??? Sharps Big .50 Buffalo Rifle?
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You get all the bonus points Ray Smile

The Ssi-ruuk weapons are paddle shaped and send out beams which scramble the nervious system... These beems cannot be parried by a lightsaber they just bend slightly as they pass through the blade... much like light passing through glass.

The are of the body hit is completely numbed and useless... if it is a leg then you are likely to twist it badly if you try to run and/jump... on the plus side you won't feel a thing for some time. If you are hit in the head often and/or at close range this can kill you.

Ssi-ruuk also have standard blasters... most of which are mounted on battle droids. Which I now discover look similar to R2-D2 but geared for combat.

Oh an lets not forget that the Ssi-ruuk have many wonderful drugs that make humans very complient. Especially when backed up with hypnotisim. One treatment every 15 days and (baring extreme circumstances) a human will remain compliant and loving towards their Ssi-ruuk masters for their entire life.

The Ssi-ruuk believe that the p'w'eke have no souls and also that all other alien species have no souls. Only the Ssi-ruuk have souls although some Ssi-ruuk may suspect differently.

The P'w'eke are a different species similar to the Ssi-ruuk probably in the same way the the neandertals are similar to pre-humans but were (according to some theories) a different species. The P'w'eke have been enslaved for so long they have almost as little free will as the enteched souls which serve the Ssi-ruuk. Often they don't bother to eat properly as their own health doesn't seem to be much of a priority. They do sometimes need to be punished as the Ssi-ruuk have cages and the like for such purposes b ut this is more likely to be due to bad services or failings not rebellion.

Oh yes and it was theorised that while a fairly powerful but untrained force user could entech humans from across the room... and even be made to entech humans against his will someone as powerful/trained as Luke Skywalker could entech humans from further way than the range of a tractor beam... and with a bit of technological advancement (which they had almost completed) could entech whole ships at a time (rather than just one individual at a time)

I think thats all I've got for now
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ssi-ruuk do come back to Bakura as well... Just finished reading it, in fact in one of the newer books.

And this time, it's worse than before! Luckily, the Bakurans have more Jedi this time. (I'm not giving away anything that can't be read from the back of the book, BTW.).

And speaking of Burt and his Grizzly... Maybe I should work on that and the Solid Bronze Shell he used...

Accurate up to and including one mile, and able to penetrate... Well... Anything short of...

Ummmm...

That's a good question...
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where can I find said book?

Yes I loved that scene in Tremors 2...

A gun like that in SW would be great.

Disable the TIE by shooting through the side and killing the pilot... free salvage
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ew. Hamburger.

As for which book... Let's reach into my library and...

*THUD*...

Ummm... A little help... I'm kind of... Buried... Here... Hard... To breathe...

Here it is... "Star Wars: New Jedi Order: Force Heretic II: Refugee".

There are only... Two... Maybe three books left in the series. Some really good books in it, but even I'm a little overwhelmed with the number of them...

And I read. Alot.
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmmm

Must not covet my neighbour's library...

But I now wonder why no-one has yet developed the 'pilot killer' round.

Cheap way to get space ships...

But no back to topic do you know what the Ssi-ruuk homeworld is like I (with my puny one book) have been unable to find many details... of course I haven't done a complete re-read but your library is so much bigger than mine so I just thought...
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much is said of any of the Ssi-ruuk homeworlds in the other book (Maybe in the "Truce at Bakura" Sourcebook? I don't have that one.).

As for my library... It's decreased in size from what it used to be... And I nearly gave the person at the Used Bookstore a heart attack when I came in... Left... Came back again... Rinse, Lather, Repeat.

As for the "Shipkiller"... I doubt it would truely penetrate Transparisteeel...

A Mass Driver with a Titanium Alloy Bolt, however... Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: