The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The Ssi-ruuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> The Ssi-ruuk Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rathe Ehtar wrote:
So you're telling me that humans in general understand Ssi-ruuk language or that certain individuals know it. I mean, how can you know the language of a people you haven't met?

How long have they been on Bakura to have been given a nickname?
Didn't they try to entrench the people of Bakura? I think Fluties is a soft nickname for ones who steal souls.

OK her goes, I'll check this again when I finally grab the book but as I recall.

Only the brainwashed Jedi that the Ssi-ruuk had as a slave since early childhood actually understood their language and it was him that broadcast the propaganda of entrenchment being good to the Bakurans. I think the Bakuran's had to translate the Ssi-ruuk language via standard methods as it was not inate to them or anything like that.

The nickname was not discussed in huge detail but I think it was just slang for Ssi-ruuk. Yes it does seem soft now I think about it.
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, that makes sense.

Now, Bakura is part of the Empire, right? What was the Empire's response to such propaganda?

"I don't buy that cluck like a dog, bark like a chicken stuff." -Col. Jack O'Neill
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:30 pm    Post subject: Names... Reply with quote

C-3P0 was able to extrapolate a semi-decent translation program for the species based on his vast experience... Although he was originally thrown for it (And required R2-D2 to actually "Speak" the language for once). So, with some work, a translation system can be made easily now (All thanks to that annoying as heck droid.).

Also, the Ssi-ruuk are called "Fluties" because they sound like a Flute. Not exactly fear inspiring, but all to accurate.

And even more fear inspiring later on... "The Fluties are coming!!! The Fluties are coming!!!" "That's flutist... Idiot... OH SH..." *BOOM*

See, much more fear inspiring... And gets Opera goers right ticked off with the common riff-raff. Twisted Evil
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats right it's all coming back now.

The empire couldn't or wouldn't respond in time because it was in disarray and bakura was so far away... Also bakura sent the message via a drone ship which the rebels intecepted first, being the good guys (humaniterians doesn't seem to apply when there are several species) they wnt to Bakura's aid.

It's more complex than what I have just said but those are the basics
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:42 pm    Post subject: Pretty much... Reply with quote

Aside from seeing a stuck Wedge Antillies, the aftereffects of Luke's electrocution, and the Naked Ewok Incident... You pretty much got the story covered.

Wait a minute... No, the Naked Ewok Incident was... Something else.

Let us speak of it no more. Embarassed
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's right.

"OK Wedge don't move becase I'm going to free your hand from this device with a lightsaber... You trust me right?"
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew why they were called fluties, I just thought it was a weak nickname for such villians, that's all.

So, the Allianced helped Bakura, who was involved? The usual cast I assume.

"I don't buy that cluck like a dog, bark like a chicken stuff." -Col. Jack O'Neill
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 9:20 pm    Post subject: The usual suspects. Reply with quote

Yep, Luke was in charge because the Rebel Alliance (Soon to be the New Republic) could not spare anyone else... They gave him a small fleet (Including a carrier which he used as a flagship), Rogue Squadron (Understrength, with Wedge in the Bacta Tank for the time being), and a few other dribs and drabs.

Leia went as a Political creature to deal with the Bakurans...

Han... Well... I don't think anyone invited him, but noone said anything about it, and where he goes, Chewie goes.

I'm pretty sure Wicket W. Warwick snuck on board, but you never see nor hear from him. Very Happy

The Bakurans ended up being Imperial... Favouring the Rebellion... If you can believe it, and will later on go to the aid of the New Replublic with their ships...

And *ALOT* of Repulsorlifts (Their main export).
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boring...

I would think there were more important things for a Jedi to do, I guess Luke felt a "tremor in the Force".

Okay, question: If the Ssi-ruuk are so powerful, then why don't they smash the New Republic? I mean, with so much chaos in the collapsing Empire and a new government forming, domination is in their grasps.

Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were defeated somehow.

You would think I would remember how it happened or the details but there you have it. The rebels somhow drove them off or destroyed them and then Bakura was safe.

If anyone knows the ending PM it to the people who want to know so that the people who want to read the book dont have it spoiled for them if the look at this forum
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The rebels somhow drove them off or destroyed them...

Oh, right. Like they took out the whole race. Come on. A Jedi knight, a carrier, Rogue squad and a smuggler and his girlfriend couldn't take down a whole race. I can believe they drove them off, but not the whole race. Their is always a reseve unit, a back up plan, the guys that drew the short straw who has to stay home.

*sign*

Okay. That doesn't change what I have in mind for the Ssi-ruuk and Ragnar.

Appreciate the help.

Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I should mention that the fleet at Bakura wasn't the whole Ssi-ruuk civilisation so when I said destroyed I was only refering to the Ssi-ruuk ships that were encountered at Bakura

Last edited by Esoomian on Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that makes sense.

Did the Ssi-ruuk where any clothing or decorative objects? Was their as symbol for the Ssi-ruuvi Religion? What did it look like?

Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't remember try checking with Ray he seems to know about the Ssi-ruuk too
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:46 pm    Post subject: Ummmmmmmmmmm... Reply with quote

Going off of memory (Which I will admit is not that good)... They simply wore belts, and no icon was mentioned in the religion...

Thing well-dressed wookiees (Belts/bandoleers/ect.), and you pretty mcuh got it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: