The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The Ssi-ruuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> The Ssi-ruuk Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ragnar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe as Ragnar I have managed to dig deep and find the courage to slaughter all the Ssi - Ruuk who stand in my path and try to prevent me from finding the treasure I seek in the expanse. Twisted Evil
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you seeking.

How's Mr Plot Device getting on?
Ragnar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know that the MOG would like me saying what the treasure is, but if you ask him he might tell you.

And the plot device is OK for now, I don't "expect" anything bad to happen.

If MOG doesn't tell you just PM me.
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shinies! It's a bunch of Shinies!!!

Shiny things make the best treasures!!!
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Stay on target..."

What can you tell me about the Ss-ruuvi religion not already mentioned?
Do they have a god? Do the P'weck follow the religion, too?

What controlls the droid, the entrenched soul or the machine?

"I don't buy that cluck like a dog, bark like a chicken stuff." -Col. Jack O'Neill
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fun fact: The word Ssi-ruuk is the plural form of the word Ssi-ruu so a sentence would go: "There was one Ssi-ruu guarding the door but I knew that there would be at least 3 Ssi-ruuk just down the hall."

Also it is possible for humans (especially if they have any ability in music) to speak the Ssi-ruuk's language

I'm getting on to the droid question and the religion question but thus far the religion appears to be similar to that of the norse religion as portrayed in the Film Eric the Vicking

"We rape and pillage to fund our next expedition of raping and pillaging"
"We invade and entech so we have enough drones to invade and entech the next system"

I'm oversimplifying of course and there is more depth to it but at it's heart it seems that the Ssi-ruuk culture exists in a constant state of conquest. Anyone who has studied the economy of a suporpower at war will be able to explain what that means
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:22 pm    Post subject: Ssi-ruuk drone ships Reply with quote

Ssi-ruuk drone ships are described as 2m pyrimids with guns on every corner one enteched soul (note enteched not entrenched as I have previously been saying) controls and powers only the shields and a second soul controls and powers everything else. As the drone ships are so small they may also be the Ssi-ruuk battledroids (ship scale weapons vs characters ouch) but I will check this out more fully and see if I can confirm it.

The enteched souls control the drones but they are subject to all the restrictions that normally restrict droids (restraining bolts, can be programmed to do things). Their existance is a tortured one and they cannot stand the thought that other souls exist free they are truely creatures of the darkside. Touching one of these enteched souls via the force is nausiating (although possibly not to a darkside jedi). It is possible for a droid to rebel but only if it is not being directly controlled (IE it has orders that can be interpreted in mopre than one way) Most droids being darkside creatures with only the vestiges of their own will never rebel.
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do the Ssi-ruuk entech souls in the first place? I'm just wondering if it's a matter of need of man power or just for convenience. Are the entech "soul drives" more powerful than conventional engines?

I really like the idea. Ragnar may literally fear for his soul, but I think it's a very different and exotic method of intimidation.

Is there any more information on the Ssi-ruuk in the D20 Star Wars books? (the d20 system is blasphemy and any one that really, really likes it is a heretic. Twisted Evil )

"I don't buy that cluck like a dog, bark like a chicken stuff." -Col. Jack O'Neill
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because they can Twisted Evil it's far more powerful than standard power systems and the ships are much more intelligent than standard droids.

Besides eveyone you capture is another soldier in your army rather than another mouth to feed or another grave to dig
Vex
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, they probably wouldnt have gone through the trouble of figuring out how to entech anyway, but they cant die off of an un-consecrated world so they have these enteched souls and there pweck slavees to fight for them. (Sorry for rambling) They do there own fighting, very effectively too, on consecrated worlds.
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mouths to feed. Have you not seen episode 1 and 2? Droids have been used for centuries. Soul enteched droids seems like too much work. I mean, after you build a droid you have to find a soul for it, while others are done and moving on to the next droid. Anyway, I think the whole thing is cool. I just like to ask 'why' a lot.

Here's another one. How are soul driven ships more powerful? A droid ship of the same stats would be equally capable of blowing stuff to frell.

Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are smarter than standard droids...

The souls also seem to provide power for the ships in some way... much more power than could be gained through other methods giving the ship much more power for things like shields and weapons.

I think at it's most simple a sould driven ship would get more dice than a standard droid ship... after all it has all the droid programminng plus all the benifits of having a soul (or two)
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also I think a soul driving ship would be capable of exceeding the standard droid flaw maximum of 13d in any skill
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Also I think a soul driving ship would be capable of exceeding the standard droid flaw maximum of 13d in any skill

As far as o I know, droids don't have limits on skills, but I see what you mean.

Would anyone be willing to post official statistics on Ssi-ruuk ships?

Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recall reading in one of the books that current technology does not allow a droid to exceed a 13 dice pool in anything...

Anybody know what book that was?

Anyway soul driven droids could have 12d attributes and 7d in skills

And remember each droid ship has 2 souls... the dice pools could go like this
Dex 1d
Kno 1d
Per 3d
Mec 5d
Tec 1d
Str 1d
As for skills I recomend the soul driving the shields has all it's dice in shields and the soul responsible for everything else has 1d in starfighter piloting 1d in sensors 1d in starship gunnery and spends the rest of it's dice specializing in those skills.

That would give the drone ships a sensor, pilot and gunnery dice pool of 10d... Not too bad really and it would have a shields dice pool of 12d
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: