The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The Ssi-ruuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> The Ssi-ruuk Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 8:36 pm    Post subject: The Ssi-ruuk Reply with quote

I want to introduce the Ssi-ruuk into my game, but I don't know anything about them. Can you help?
P.S. I got their stats already.

"I don't buy that cluck like a dog, bark like a chicken stuff." -Col. Jack O'Neill
SNiPE
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reptillian, home world Lwhekk, developed a process of "entechment" to capture life energies to power their battle droid army, enemy of the chiss, The emperor ceded some outer rim territories that they can use as they please in exchange for data on the "entechment" process. I have more and ill edit it later.

Disclamer: This is from a d20 Sourcebook;
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Loc Taal
Grand Master (Founder / Admin Emeritus)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a few notes from the Alien Encounters book:

Ssi-ruuvi sensory organs include "scent tongues" located in each nostril. In addition to olfactory senses far beyond human range, a Ssi-ruu can use these highly sensitive appendages to detect an individual's stress levels with the slightest touch. It is virtually impossible for a human to decieve a Ssi-ruu once the Ssi-ruu is familiar with human scent and physiology.

The Ssi-ruuk have a very rigid code of honor. Honor must be maintained at all costs, and the numerous methods of gaining and losing honor are outlined in the G'nnoch - an ancient pictographic work. A major portion of the G'nnoch concerns the Ssi-ruuk and their place in the universe. The G'nnoch repeatedly stresses that the Ssi-ruuk are superior to all other beings. All other species are considered to be little more than cattle - useful, perhaps, but nothing more. This has helped lead to a rigid, militaristic and expansionist society that is a true threat to human civilization.

The original RANCOR PIT archive
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for info guys.
What about their starships?
Is it true they use Jedi to power their ships?
What are their droids like?

"I don't buy that cluck like a dog, bark like a chicken stuff." -Col. Jack O'Neill
Urhart the Fallen Angel
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ragnar wrote:
they sound mean Crying or Very sad

They are mean, but when you try to fight them, they run away cause they dont wanna die.
Love is still the answer take my hand
The vision fades a voice I hear
Listen to the madman!'
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to read the SW novel truce at Bacuras (sp?)

This contains the story of an imperial world that comes under attack by the Ssi-ruuk. The purpose of the attack is simple to gather human 'souls' for entrenchment into Ssi-ruuk machines. Ssi-ruuk do not use jedi to power their ships but in the novel they had captured and brainwashed a jedi to help with the process of entrenching humans.

Other races can be entrenched (Most notably the Ssi-ruuk's slaves the P'w'ecks) however it seems that humans last the longest while entrenched. Entrenchment is the process where the 'soul' of a being is removed and then contained within a machine this soul then powers and controls the machine it resides within. This makes the Ssi-ruuk starfighters some of the most powerful and dangerous ships around (in the novel, not necessary stat wise as I haven't seen any stats for them).

And yes unless the need or motivation is great most Ssi-ruuk not on their home planet will flee combat as they believe that to die away from their planets their spirit is doomed to wander the galaxy without rest.)

Ssi-ruuk are referred to by the humans on Bacuras as Fluties due to the Ssi-ruuk's whistling language. I don't think Ssi-ruuk's can speak basic but they can understand it.

Whew
Ragnar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uber not cool for me...
i hope i don't encounter them.
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes their ships are superior (in the novel at least) and apart from the capital ships piloted by actual Ssi-ruuk they are completely fearless.

However a jedi character could (as Luke managed to do) reach the 'spirit' of the being etrenched within the Ssi-ruuk ships and convince it to attack the other ships. This wasn't easy for him to do however.

Oh and if you're looking for a plot hook the reason that the Ssi-ruuk turned up at Bakura was that they had discovered that humans were the best species to entrench.

After this they somehow made contact with the Emperor and he agreed to provide human 'spirits' for entrenchment in return for Ssi-ruuk ships.

Unfortunately for the Ssi-Ruuk by the time the got to 'human space' the Emperor had been killed (although I'm not sure if all his clones had been) and the Imperium at large was unaware of this deal.
Ragnar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CURSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DON'T WANT TO END UP IN AN ENGINE OR ANY OTHER MACHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked Shocked
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why people captured by Ssi-ruuk generally try to escape or get themselves killed.

But take comfort the fact that the Ssi-ruuk don't want to destroy your ship, just cripple it so thay can harvest the crew must make it a little harder for them. It's usually harder to capture people than it is to kill them. I don't think the Ssi-ruuk drones (ships powered by entrenched spirits) have ion cannons
Ragnar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how good are they at personal combat?
if i get into it with them i think i'll have at least a small advantage.
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally better than humans but if it looks like they may die they will generally flee. The often use stun guns as they want to capture people not kill them. I don't know how good their guns are but the do not look like a standard gun.

You should also prepare to fight P'w'eks which (I think) are decent in combat but are not as worried about death.

And if I was the MOG I'd definitely include some nasty battle droids powered by entrenched 'spirits'

Oh and if they manage to 'consecrate' the planet on which you are fighting they will no longer need to flee from combat.
Ragnar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you know if their "guns" are blasters or slug-throwers?

also, so if i were to inflict wounded status on one of them in game they would probably try to make a run for it (unless the planet is consecrated)?
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaster type. Hence the ability to set to stun

As for the wounding that would be up to your MOG but it doesn't seem unresonable. I the book they generally weren't in the front lines. That was what the P'w'eks (and presumably droids) were for. So wounding the Ssi-ruuk would probably result in a "Get him while I escape" type order to the front line.

However personal combat wasn't a big thing in the book it was generally just blockade the planet and destroy everything capibly of fighting back from space then wait till the government surrenders.

Oh and propaganda. They try to make the species they are attempting to subjugate believe that entrenchment is a good thing and that they are doing this for you own good... at great personal risk. Aren't you so lucky we care so much Smile
Ragnar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i just hope that i don't have to encounter them. if so, i am indeed in for a fight. if i ever get captured by them though the MOG might make an adventure out of me trying to escape before becoming a machine.

one more question, do you know if there is a way to reverse the entrenchment?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: