The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Fan Made Sourcebooks & PDFs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Fan Made Sourcebooks & PDFs Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:56 am    Post subject: Fan Made Sourcebooks & PDFs Reply with quote

Ok, to help save the integrity of the PDF sharing thread, and to give everyone a place to congregate and discuss ideas, concepts, and progress, I figured I'd start this thread. There's been a lot of talk in various threads of fan made sourcebooks by some of us, and I think this is great. Help keep D6 Star Wars alive. I figure if we all gather in one thread, we can discuss notes, and try to minimise doubling up of materials, help each other find materials, and maybe compare notes? I know sometimes when I go looking for materials I find stuff I can't really use, but someone else might be able too.

I have heard talk of a Dark Forces Sourcebook, I know there is work on a collected PDF of Templates, I have heard discussion of a few Prequel Sourcebooks. So, what's everyone working on, and how can we all help each other?

Here are a few of my pet projects:
Kashyyk Guidebook (GG 15 maybe?)
Mandelorian Sourcebook
Rules of Engagement II - Imperial Elites
Infinities - Prequel Era - Not a true infinities really, but it fits in the category as it is an alternative prequel era campaign book based on information presented in WEG books, and also in older Lucas endorsed and Liscensed materials, interviews, and behind the scenes circa the 1980's. It is my current Campaign, so it's progress will follow my campaign.
Battlestar
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah this thread is a great idea. As you know I'm doing the Templates Book. I ran into a couple of problems so that has slowed me a bit but its coming along nicely.
miles
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kage...i would be very willing to help ya if you need any esp/ with the Mandelorian Sourcebook...let me know.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

miles wrote:
Kage...i would be very willing to help ya if you need any esp/ with the Mandelorian Sourcebook...let me know.

Cool. Right now I am drawing and collecting most of the information regarding the Mandelorian game statistics and equipment from various WEG books. I have also found a number of really nice images of variant Mandelorian armor on the web. For Background I am consulting with my brother in New England (he has a massive collection of Star Wars novels, magazine articles, and source materials not RPG specific). I figure it would be nice to have all the Mandelorian Stuff in one place, and I need this for my Infinity Prequal-era game (remember all those tales of the Mandelorians helping to hunt down the Jedi?).
I would be Happy for any help too.

Battlestar,
I know you are looking for that one bounty hunter template, but I am uncertain which book it might be in. I'll take a look a little later tonight, and if I find it, I'll post it or let you know where it is.
Battlestar
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for looking KageRyu I just don't know where it could be. I know I did see it somewhere.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, Ilearned that those templates are in the GM Screen 2nd Edition revised... or at least they are supposed to be. I found out my scan of it is missing several pages, in several places, and some of the templates are among them. I advise anyone whose copy of this PDF is in the 16mb range to double check it. I have added it too my running DL search.
Battlestar
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too.
Battlestar
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should be done the Templates today (minus the one I'm missing of course). Now I need a cover. Can anybody help me out on that?

Not counting the covers and index it is 128 pages.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trying to track down the Iotran Bounty Hunter for you. From what I can tell of the other character templates in the Revised GM screen, the stats seem to be essentially the same as the stats listed in the 2nd R&E rulebook (basically it woul dbe a bounty hunter) but with a new background and such.

As for artwork, I am kind of taxed trying to make spot illustrations for my Rules II supplement. I can try to come up with something simple, but it would not be forth coming quickly (Maybe a week?). Between Writing these sourcebooks, and planning an adventure, as well as doing my other artistic requirements, I am stretched pretty thin at the moment.

Possible Suggestion: Grab a bunch of Linework of different Characters/Aliens from different books and edit them together into a collage in PhotoShop (or a similar program) and add color? If I get time, I'll give this a whirl, unless someone else wants to take a crack at it?
netjedi
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Battlestar,
I think if you look in the RPG rule book 2nd ed. the blue cover one. the Bounty Hunter Template in there is an Iotran. I am pretty sure of that. i did not see it in the revised game master screen either.

Wanted Poster
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My two cents here. We want to keep D6 SW RPG going, but sadly WEG no longer has the liscence. Obviously, if they still had it then our purchasing their stuff would keep it going. But WotC has it now. The most ambitious thing anyone can do is to make a PDF of the exsisting WotC sourcebooks that converts the stats in the books, but that's really a lot of work. Another thing is to actually take the stuff from their website and convert it to D6, using it as a beginning for a D6 fan made sourcebook.

Wanted Poster
Allst Beamem
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Battlestar,
That Iotran bounty hunter tempte is definatly in the 2nd ed. game book, the blue one.
Battlestar
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take a look thanks.
Battlestar
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found it dunno why I didn't see it before... thanks once again Smile
Battlestar
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a little update on my progress. I have all the templates that I know of in one pdf document, I'm working on the index now and after that I'll take a shot at making a cover.

btw, I used the scans for the templates so some may appear better than others (but they are all pretty good), that couldn't be helped. This will be just a collection of the scans no fancy write-ups by me all material is from WEG sources.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 1 of 18

Jump to: