The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Random Equipment generator
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Random Equipment generator
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Savaad
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Random Equipment generator Reply with quote

Does anyone have a random equipment generator or list? Thanks
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you looking for a list that includes weapons, or just medpacs, glowrods, & such?
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is Gry's equipment stat book. It has a full listing of all the equipment in WEG and converted stats from WotC. It can be found in the Tools Thread somewhere.

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's listed under the Fan Made Sourcebooks thread.
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I already have it, I don't need to look to see where it is, so I took a stab in the dark 8)

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, same here. But that's where links to ALL the fanmade sourcebooks should be, I figured I'd mention it for the benefit of newbies.
Savaad
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am familiar with the Equipment stat book, which is very useful. I am looking for like a random generator or some tables to roll on for random equipment including weapons and such. thanks for all the help, I really enjoy the quick responses on this forum.
Tecumseh
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your best bet is to just make one up. I would suggest creating one for all of the adventures you run before hand. Just make a generic one that uses 2D6.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea of random equipment just whiffs of "D&D Random Treasure Charts" to me. I can see th epossible uses, but I can see where such a concept would end up more of a random goodies type thing, turning the villains and opposition into pinatas that dispense goodies when whacked.

Just my thoughts on it.
Tupteq
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for reviving so old topic, but...
Many times I had problem in situation when players started searching in place I didn't prepare to be searched (like stolen freighter, unconscious thug, stormtrooper post, house of a noble, family landspeeder, cantina kitchen etc.). I think it would be a great to create a list of common stuff that can be found in specific places. What you think?
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To use the Dungeons and Dragons way of doing it. If you have the pdf handy during your session you could make a chart based on a xd6 roll (2d6 or 3d6 depending on the size of your chart) and just have page numbers and name of items. you can make themed charts (weapons, protective equipment, and so on) then you just lookup the page and there you go!

Granted, if you put all the stuff in the pdf in a standard format, i could make a program to do that Wink

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
ifurin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tupteq wrote:
Sorry for reviving so old topic, but...
Many times I had problem in situation when players started searching in place I didn't prepare to be searched (like stolen freighter, unconscious thug, stormtrooper post, house of a noble, family landspeeder, cantina kitchen etc.). I think it would be a great to create a list of common stuff that can be found in specific places. What you think?

if it's places like a family land speeder, kitchen, house or what not you should already know what the players will find. i sometimes roll 2D6 and if it comes up 12 then the players find something out of the ordinary. it usualy becomes a plot device. if it's a cargo ship you could use the table in tramp freighters book for cargo.
Akari
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, might not be what you really want, but I used these generators when I was a GM. Mostly fits Star Treck "StrangeTech" (TM) but a lot of these are usable in Star Wars as well. Hope you like some of em... ^_^

http://www.seventhsanctum.com/index-tech.php
Tupteq
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vong wrote:
To use the Dungeons and Dragons way of doing it. If you have the pdf handy during your session you could make a chart based on a xd6 roll (2d6 or 3d6 depending on the size of your chart) and just have page numbers and name of items. you can make themed charts (weapons, protective equipment, and so on) then you just lookup the page and there you go!

I was thinking about sth like this. It may be a pretty big challenge.

ifurin wrote:
if it's places like a family land speeder, kitchen, house or what not you should already know what the players will find.

In real life it's pretty obvious for me, but in SW I'm not so sure.

ifurin wrote:
i sometimes roll 2D6 and if it comes up 12 then the players find something out of the ordinary. it usualy becomes a plot device. if it's a cargo ship you could use the table in tramp freighters book for cargo.

Nice! Simple and working.

Akari wrote:
Ok, might not be what you really want, but I used these generators when I was a GM. Mostly fits Star Treck "StrangeTech" (TM) but a lot of these are usable in Star Wars as well. Hope you like some of em... ^_^

http://www.seventhsanctum.com/index-tech.php

Not exactly what I wanted, but great anyways Smile

I think I'll prepare some charts, publish them and wait for feedback.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: