The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

hallow
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> hallow Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dara_Kaya
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, every time I try to post some one else post before me... These forums are some of the most active I've seen...
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for implying you were "dumb" masque. Never my intention. I just didn't think anyone here felt so passionately about the d20 system.

Guess one should really never speak for anyone else but himself, eh?

And good move, masque, we're talking about systems, not companies, here.
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. We'll leave companies out of it for now. The one thing I do like about WOTC is their Star Wars minis. I don't play the game that they wrote for it, I just use them with my D6 game. If only they'd release some in a non-collectible format, where I could actually get what I need instead of yet another useless Ewok or Ithorian, then they'd be perfect.

Don't ever get me started on Games Workshop, though. That's a subject with some serious vitriol behind it. Rolling Eyes
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel as if I've opened up a can of Lamproids. This was supposed to be such a happy and welcoming topic. Now we've got the Rancor eating people and game wars and hurt feelings and, and, I can't go on! Crying or Very sad

*cleansing breath*

Ok, I'm feeling much better now. Welcome again to the Rancor Pit! 8)
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard Dara_Kaya, and may you find new enjoyment and respect for D6 in general in your wanderings among these forums (you get 300exp just for finding them). I myself am not a big fan of D20 either, and I do feel that a system does impart a certain feel to a game (sure they are just rules, but the rules are a mechanic to translate and adapt event from real world/cinema reality into a pen and paper RPG...and can greatly affect the outcome and experience). I won't bash D20, or attack a player, as to each their own (I won't back away from a good and heated D6 vs D20 debate either). I myself occasionally draw on source material from the D20 system, I just have never felt the rules fit the dynamic and energetic feel of Star Wars, and that the rules were overly complex...while the fast and simple energy of D6 allowed me to capture that dynamic and hectic feel of the movies.
May you enjoy your time in these forums in any event.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: