The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

I'm so glad this site exisits
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> I'm so glad this site exisits
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zerin Caldorna
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: I'm so glad this site exisits Reply with quote

Hello Rancor Pit!

I am SO happy a D6 Star Wars website exisits and that it's still very popular.

I've been GMing and playing D6 Star Wars since High School, which was over 10 years ago. Im happy to say I STILL play with the same group I had in High School. But since we've all grown up and have real jobs and whatnot, we dont play half as much as we used to.

I look foward to a pleasent experience here in the Pit.

- Z
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're all glad this site exists. As we're also glad you've decided to join us.

My gaming has also declined steeply this last year, with my gaming group being spread across the continents. This site is about the only thing that helps Star Wars RPG stay alive in my life, and I'm very thankful for it.

Just the other day I came to a startling conclusion. As rabid a Star Wars fan as I am, the real reason why I love Star Wars so much is not really the films, it's the RPG. Don't get me wrong, I love the films with a passion. But they are just that: films. After you've watched them, they are over, and that's all they're ever going to give you. With the RPG I'm able to dive headlong into this universe and make it my own. I'm able to consider myself a part of the story of this amazing setting, and bask in all it's richness, excitment and wonderful details. And the best part is, I can discover something new in it almost every day, because there's a whole passionate community dedicated to breathe life into it.

Well, let me cut this short, as it suddenly seems to have gone a bit out of control. All I meant to say is: Welcome Zerin, and thank you all.
Zerin Caldorna
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gry, I totally agree with you.
Star Wars, to my players and myself, is OUR games. Not the movies.

An old acqauintence of mine (SW fan, but not a player) used to always ask who my favorite character was and it would infuriate him to no end when I'd simply reply: Zerin
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speak it, Gry!!!

And welcome aboard, Zerin!
Camero
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right On!

Have have been wandering in the RPG-less desert for years now but still look back on my SWD6 days as the best RPGing time of my life. This site has inspired me to prep to run a campaign myself and try to assemble my old group - or others - when I finally get settled in somewhere.

The Pit and is brotherhood have inserted the joy of SW RPG back into my life. I too am soooo glad this site exists for the same reasons you all have mentioned, I will be forever grateful to Lucas for dreaming up this universe and putting out there for all of us - but now it is my universe (ok, our universe), and with no disrespect to offend Lucas (the man who made it all possible) I feel that now, we do it at least as well as he does : )

oh, yeah - welcome Zerin
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Pit! Don't mind Fluffy, she doesn't bite (much). Laughing
hisham
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pel wrote:
Welcome to the Pit! Don't mind Fluffy, she doesn't bite (much). Laughing
Only if she doesn't get her daily intake of quiche.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well met one and all. I have loved the Star Wars RPG for the same reasons, and having a huge selection of media available to provide visual and audio aide really helps the game out. I think the D6 Star Wars was one of the best mergings of Film/TV to RPG that has yet been done, which is why it will always hold a special place in my heart.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: