The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Rathe Ehtar's Characters
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Rathe Ehtar's Characters Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ragnar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tobias Reaper was a cool character. I liked his sneakyness. 8)
I killed like 5 guys lined up in a row without them seeing.
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crell wrote
Quote:
you should tell the story where Tobias got his nickname "bellhop" and the repeater became known as the angry bantha... hehe

Was that job before or after the little girl incident?
I'm not sure if I should alternate between my charaters or stick to one at a time. If the ladder, which one?

"I don't buy that cluck like a dog, bark like a chicken stuff." -Col. Jack O'Neill
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

after Smile just right after

the game with the little girl was the first one toby joined Smile

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is Miraj's first mission, enjoy.

Miraj’s Story

The transport Gemini’s Delight landed on one of the millions of landing pads found on Coruscant’s spaceports. The Gemini transported thousands of visitors to the deep core. Many sought wealth, others adventure and most just passing through. Miraj had business to take care of. The young Mashi Horansi shouldered his pack and walked through the crowds and towards the security check point. Rebels roamed free in the outer rim but not among the core worlds, especially Coruscant.

Miraj approached the security officer. “Identification, please.” The officer asked, possibly for the thousandth time. Miraj handed the man his I.D. forms. “Thank you mister Tyr Anasazi. Next!” Yes, Rebels did roam free in the outer rim territories, but some could be found deep in the core worlds, especially on Coruscant. They were arriving every day.

Miraj’s mission involved intelligence, stealth and above all the art of surprise. Luckily, Miraj was trained well in all three. As the latest addition to the SpecForce Infiltrators, Miraj was expected to survive a simple retrieval operation. As soon as he was out of the spaceport, Miraj headed for his target. In a safe in the office of an Imperial governor was a data disc containing the technical schismatic of a new Imperial vessel. His mission was to retrieve the disc and report to a safe house nearby. For his mission to be successful, Miraj would need some equipment. Luckily he found his gear at a secluded drop off site located in the park across from the building where the governor’s office is. Though his macrobinoculars Miraj could see that a party was being held on the fortieth floor, probably in the governor’s honor. Now Miraj needed an entrance. Soldiers guarded the lobby. The famous Coruscant Guards Miraj heard so much about. Miraj would not be the first to admit he was brash, but even he could see that a conflict this early would jeopardize the entire mission. No, he had to find another way. Miraj looked again with his macrobinoculars and spotted a balcony on the fortieth floor. An idea began to form.

Miraj had no trouble finding a vehicle rental place. Renting the airspeeder was expensive, but money was not important. Miraj was experience in piloting repulsor craft. Actually, he was lucky to receive any training in their use at all. Other vehicles confused him. So many controls, so many procedures involved with piloting star craft that Miraj gave up trying. “Leave it to the pilots.” He would say.

The simple airspeeder handled well under Miraj’s control. He piloted as high and as close as he could to the balcony. He managed to get the small vehicle within a few feet of it. Miraj would have to jump the rest. That was no problem for such an athletic individual. Crouching in the shadows behind a potted plant, Miraj watched the party guests mingling. They were all human of course making sneaking in more difficult. To Miraj’s surprise, a Twi’lek entered from the kitchen bringing with him a tray of drinks. He must be a waiter, Miraj thought. As soon as the waiter got within a few feet of the balcony, Miraj summoned him over. The Twi’lek looked at Miraj curiously for a moment, then approached. Miraj was not thinking of combat but of diplomacy. After a few minutes of haggling, he managed to persuade the waiter to give him his uniform for eight hundred credits, in effect bribing the pants off him. The outfit was a bit tight, but Miraj had other things to worry about. He entered the room and began to search for the governor. The old man in the Imperial uniform was hard to miss. The governor did not notice Miraj at all when he took his drink. Since the old man was dancing away at the party, Miraj took the opportunity to sneak into the elevator. The waiter uniform and a simple con on Miraj’s part easily fooled the guards into letting him inside. Now he could don his equipment.
(I like to think of this as being the scene from Metal Gear Solid, when Snake removes the scuba suit and is revealed.)

Upon putting his head-strap comlink in place, an eerie, scratchy voice began to speak. “Finally, I thought you’d never get inside.” Miraj nearly jumped, but he quickly realized the voice was coming from the comlink.
“Who are you? Are you tracking me? I wasn’t told of this!” Miraj spoke but his words were muffled by the comlink’s mouthpiece. Only the stranger on the other line could hear him.

“Relax,” Said the voice, “all will be explained later. For now you got a job to do. Go up two levels. The disc is waiting for you in the office along the west wall.”

Miraj did as instructed. This must be part of the mission, he thought. This guy must be recording my progress. When the doors opened Miraj entered swiftly, but quietly like the jungle cat that he was. A labyrinth of office cubicles covered the floor. No lights could be seen, but that did not mean that Miraj was alone. The hair on the back of Miraj’s neck stood on end. Guards were approaching. He could hear their footsteps with his keen sense of hearing. They were only a few feet away. Once again, he used his jumping skills to reach a ceiling ventilation shaft, and to safety. He allowed the guards to walk past before he began his way toward the west wall. He hoped this vent would lead directly to the governor’s office. To his delight, it did.

The office was decorated as the rest of the floor was. Gray walls, ceiling and floor. The desk was barren except for a stack of data pads and the governor’s nameplate. The safe was easy to locate, and in moments Miraj was bypassing the locking mechanism. Inside laid the disc, as well as a SoruSuub heavy blaster pistol. Miraj took the disc and the pistol, as a souvenir. Just as the prize was in hand, lights on the floor began to activate. Miraj heard the governor’s voice down the hall. He closed the safe and jumped up into the ventilation shaft. He did so just in time, the governor and two Imperial Stormtroopers entered the office. “I’ll get that disc for you.” The governor said. He sounded annoyed by the Stormtroopers. “I wish you would have waited until after the party.”

“No time, sir.” Replied one of the Stormtroopers.

“What’s this?!” The governor cried, “The disc is gone!” The Stormtroopers began to call the guards. Miraj intervened. He fell from the vent shaft and grabbed the governor form behind.

“Shut your mouths or I’ll shut him up. Permanently.” Miraj stretched his clawed hand around the governor’s throat, threatening to tear it open. The Stormtrooper’s blank helmets gave no hint at what the men underneath were thinking. Suddenly, they opened fire on Miraj and the governor. The blasts from their rifles tore though the old man as Miraj dodged out of the way. When the firing ceased and the smock cleared, Miraj was gone. The Stormtroopers sent out an alert. The governor’s killer has escaped.

Miraj had managed to jump into the vent shaft after the first volley. His only chance now was the mysterious voice. “Are you there? Pick up your comlink and talk to me!” There was no reply. The alert must be jamming his signal, Miraj thought. Now he was alone. Miraj knew he was in trouble, but he felt invigorated at the same time. Now his brashness would take over. Using the vent shafts, Miraj managed to get inside the elevator shaft. The first elevator he came upon he took. Landing on the roof like a fall leaf, Miraj waited and listened for any movement below. The elevator began to move upwards, the opposite direction he wanted to go. Miraj needed to get to the lobby. A fight was before him, but he would be ready. Now, however, he had to find a way down. Miraj spotted another elevator alongside his own. It was coming down and would pass in seconds. Miraj took the risk and jumped when the time came… but he missed the elevator and began to fall. In a last desperate act, Miraj reached out and grabbed hold of a third lift, just underneath the one he was trying to catch in the first place. His life was sparred, but at a price.

Miraj managed to pull open the emergency hatch and allowed himself to drop inside. On impacting the elevator floor, Miraj gave an unaudible roar. He had landed on his dislocated left arm. Miraj had no choice but to pop his arm back in place. After slamming into the elevator walls a few times, Miraj gasped with some relief. Pain blurred his vision, but his goal was still in sight, escape. After wiping the tears from his eyes, Miraj noticed a security camera and shot it. The elevator suddenly came to a stop. It finally arrived at the lobby. Even without the camera, Miraj knew the Imperials had methods of detecting him. He starred at the elevator doors waiting for them to open. He was ready. “You may have your sensors, but I am the night!”

The doors did open, but not to a squad of armed guards. The lobby was filled with scared civilians just running for their lives. Miraj took this chance to act. Moving on all fours, he imitated a wild animal. He would be naked if it wasn’t for the pair of pants he was wearing. His gear was stuffed in the pack tied around his waist. Miraj knew it was a long shot, but he began to pretend he was some eccentric debutante’s pet. The guards were too concerned with the high-class citizenry to notice the unleashed jungle cat leaping into the streets. Miraj bounded into the night towards safety.

It took me a while to write this and I just finished a few minutes ago. What do you think? Does it need any editing? I think it could use some more descriptive details, but other than that...

"I don't buy that cluck like a dog, bark like a chicken stuff." -Col. Jack O'Neill

Last edited by Rathe Ehtar on Fri Oct 24, 2003 3:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Loc Taal
Grand Master (Founder / Admin Emeritus)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool, Rathe! One question: I assume Miraj dislocated his shoulder when he was falling down the elevator shaft and grabbed the third elevator to stop his fall?

The original RANCOR PIT archive
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that is correct.
I didn't roll very well for that jump. Luckily I was allowed to make a roll to grab the third elevator. After this mission I improved my climbing/jumping by one pip.

Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rathe did a good job at playing up the story... i don't know if it was quite that exciting... my first serious starwars game ever, Smile i wonder if we'll ever get back and he can crack through the conspiracy

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conspiracy? I wonder...
The details of Miraj's second mission are fuzzy. It involved snow and another agent, but I don't remember the mission outline.

Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was on the ice world near Soccorro, getting intel from a small outpost, then meeting with a contact at the Emporium... right?

wasn't that the second mission?

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The story continues…

Miraj entered the small building that was his safe house. Hopefully, the mysterious voice that led him here had the answers he was looking for. Miraj gently rubbed his shoulder, and thought, at the very least he better have a medpack. Miraj opened the door to room 5 and found it rather small and messy. Equipment was laid all over the floor, bed and some hung on the walls. A computer was setup in the corner of the room. A thin insect-like creature sat at the keypad. He looked up at Miraj and began to speak in the familiar scratchy voice. “At last you arrive. Take a seat.”

“Where?” Miraj asked, indicating to the clutter everywhere.

“Just move some of that stuff off the bed.”

Great, Miraj thought, more technology that he didn’t understand. “Before we get started with the pleasantries, do you have a medpack?”

“Yeah, let me get it.” The insect-man got up and retrieved a medpac from a gear bag and began to treat Miraj’s wounds. “Geez, did you jump out of the building or something?”

Miraj was getting annoyed. “Just treat the wound! Who are you, anyway?”

“Just call me Techno Mantis. And you must be Stealth Panther. You did a good job out there.” Mantis finished the treatment and returned to his work at the computer. “Give me the disc.” (Techno Mantis is a Verpine, but Miraj never knew that.)

Miraj tossed him the disc. His shoulder felt a lot better now. “So, what do we do now?”

“Just rest up. We’ll be leaving for our next mission tomorrow.” Mantis’ large, black eyes never left the holographic screen of his computer as he said this.

“What do you mean, we? There is no we in solo operation, I work alone.”

Mantis turned around in his seat. “Listen. You better learn to count on other people now and again. Besides, who’s going to heal your wounds the next time, you?” Mantis chuckled and turned back to his computer. Miraj did not like the bug’s attitude, but he did have a point. Miraj never learned much about medicine. He would never be able to treat his wounds in the field. After some grumbling, Miraj went to bed. Sleep soon followed.

Miraj awoke in a cold sweat. He dreamed the same dream again. The one where he is running through the jungle with the hunters close behind. Gritting his teeth, feelings of anger and sadness came to him. He quickly shrugged off those feelings and got dressed. Mantis was not around. The room was clean and all that remained was Miraj’s equipment. Miraj quickly went through his things and found the blaster he took. It was a sturdy design, not that Miraj knew anything about blasters. He liked the feel of it; its grip fitted to his hand nicely. Miraj took the rest of his belongings and headed out the door. He left in the direction of the spaceport.

Miraj was looking for Techno Mantis, but Mantis found him first. They met just outside the spaceport where he explained the plan. “First, my friend, you’re going to need these.” Mantis handed Miraj an updated I.D. and passport. He noticed he was now licensed to carry a sidearm.

“Thanks.”

“No problem. Now, for the next few missions I’m going to be your support, so get used to it. We’ll be boarding a rebel trasport headed to Neftali, located in the Soccorro system. It’s an ice world so dress warm, well, in your case wear some artic fatigues. You’ll be working with another agent. He should be on the ship now.” Mantis lead Miraj to the ship that will be taking them to Neftali. As expected, there were no problems passing the security checkpoint and soon they were at the ship. The Captain greeted them on board. Inside, Miraj was introduced to his new partner Lieutenant Steel. He was human and by the looks of him Miraj wagered he was an infiltrator like himself. Almost like him, anyway. Miraj knew that between the two, he was the superior in stealth, or at least he assumed as much.

Techno Mantis began to go over the mission objectives. Steel didn’t speak. He simply smoked his cigarette. Miraj didn’t like the smell of the smoke. He didn’t understand why humans desired to poison themselves. Even with this distraction, Miraj heard every word of the briefing. He and Steel were to infiltrate a secret Imperial observation post and slice into the mainframe and download the sensor records. Once the job was done, Miraj was to rendezvous with Luskin Exovar at his Emporium and observe a meeting between an Imperial double agent and his ISB contact. The easy part was getting inside the outpost. The post was run by Compforce, or Compfarce as the boys in SpecForce like to call them. They are nothing but cannon fodder for the Imperial machine. Still, many Compforce veterans are overzealous and may prove to be formidable. The difficult task would be the computer work. Miraj hated technology. He understood only the most simplest machines.

Miraj took the time spent in hyperspace to change into some artic fatigues and prepare himself for the mission. Steel continued to remain silent and Miraj couldn’t careless. Techno Mantis, on the other hand, didn’t let Miraj have more than a few minutes alone.
“I know you don’t like technology, Panther, but technology is your friend. Here, take this.” He handed Miraj a hand-held device with multiple wires and buttons.

“What is it?” Miraj asked. He especially hated complicated looking machines. “I can’t use this!”

“Trust me, it’ll come in handy. It’s a slicer unit.” Mantis could see Miraj didn’t understand. “It will help you to slice into the outpost’s mainframe.”

Miraj still didn’t know how it would do that, but he took it just to get the insect out of his sight. “Thanks, I’m sure it will be useful. Now if you don’t mind, I’m trying to get ready.” Miraj nudged the green alien out of his quarters before he said anymore.

The trip went by smoothly, except for the last hour when Miraj was forced into a game of Sabacc with Techno Mantis. The ship landed at Cordel Cove, which is inside the hollow bottom of Orane Mountain, one of the largest natural structures on Neftali. The spaceport is located down inside a massive network of ice fjords and marks the northernmost shoreline of the Beija Sea. Miraj looked out of the cockpit’s view port as the ship descended into the Cove and was taken aback by the light shimmering off the icy walls. Never had he seen such a sight. Miraj could tell the Captain was a skilled pilot. The path to the port is a maze of interconnecting tunnels and passages leading to a sudden drop into the docking bay. Multi-tiered platforms cut directly into the ice walls of the fjord lined this rounded arena of ice and transparisteel. Only the most skilled could fly down this path.

Once the ship was safely docked, two large, hairy security guards greeted the crew and passengers. Mantis informed Miraj that the two were Whiphids. The captain handled the landing fees with the Whiphids while Mantis lead Miraj and Steel to the local hostel. Mantis covered himself with multiple layers of clothes and still managed to sneeze a few times along the way. Miraj didn’t mind the chill; he was too impressed with his surroundings to notice. If Lieutenant Steel was affected by the cold, he didn’t show it. Mantis hurried the two infiltrators along toward Cordel Cove’s famous hot springs, where upon arrival, he immediately dived in to the nearest pool. “Okay gentlemen, I’m ready to begin.” Mantis took out a portable computer from his bag and set it gently next to the pool. On the holographic display was a map of the area. “You two will head south from here by repulsorskiff until you reach the Yiuli Mountains. From there you’ll travel by foot in a south-westerly direction until you reach the outpost.”

“Is that the best you got?” Steel asked. He seemed slightly annoyed by the lack of information. Miraj expected as much. Rebel intelligence has provided limited Intel, as of late. Perhaps it had something to do with the double agent, Miraj thought. “Okay, If that’s all you got for us we’ll be heading out now. Let’s go, kid.”

“Kid?” Miraj didn’t like that. “Okay, old man. Let’s go.” Steel gave a quick smile then led the way toward the vehicle bay.

The cold wind outside felt like razors to Miraj’s unprotected skin. Steel piloted while Miraj waited impatiently, huddled in the back of the skiff. He could only wonder, are we there yet? After what seemed like hours, Steel stopped the craft and Miraj knew it was time for the long walk. The snow was alien to Miraj, but he liked the feel of it. They traveled for an hour and according to the Lieutenant, were almost to the outpost. They stopped for a moment to rest. Miraj took out his macro binoculars and scanned over the terrain. The wind and snow blurred the image, but Miraj could barely make out the outline of a guard tower. The wind began to die down for a moment and four small objects appeared in the distance. They seemed to have come from the outpost. “A scout party is coming our way!” Miraj yelled to Steel.

“What?!” Steel took the macro binoculars from Miraj and verified that four men were headed toward their position. “Let’s take them out. You head around to the left and I’ll be over that small hill and take’em out from a distance.” Miraj nodded in agreement and headed around to flank the scouts. As always, Miraj was in his element where stealth was concerned. He managed to get close to the scout’s path and hid himself under the snow. He planned to attack just as they moved passed. Two of the Scouts walked right passed Mirajn So far so good, he thought. As the next pair walked passed, the closest scout stepped on Miraj’s tail. Roaring is pain and surprise, Miraj leaped up and tore open his throat. Just as the scout hit the snow, a grenade dislodged from his belt and fell in between Miraj and the remaining scouts. Miraj had only seconds to roll out of the way. When the grenade exploded it killed a scout and knocked the others on their backs. As they got to their feet, Miraj took one out with a spinning kick. The other was shot in the head by Steel. After the last man fell dead, Miraj rubbed his poor tail. He also took one of the men’s snow goggles to protect his eyes from the sudden increase in wind and snow. Miraj gathered what grenades that remained and a spare blast pack. Steel joined him and the two set out for the outpost.

The outpost was a prefabricated building surrounded by walls and guard towers in each corner. Compforce soldiers patrolled around each wall and reported their status every few minutes, that’s what Miraj gathered anyway. It was night, and the tower guards used spotlights to scan the outer perimeter. Steel and Miral quickly devised a plan of action.
Steel was going to fly up to the forward right tower with the paraglider he brought along, and cause a distraction, which would allow Miraj to slip in unnoticed.

Miraj waited for Steel to do his flying act hidden in snow a few meters away from the west wall. Steel blasted off the ground, extended his wings and soared over the wall. He managed to land safely on the tower and kick off the guard at the same time. The guards patrolling the walls scrambled into action and started blasting at the tower. All the spotlights turned toward Steel and Miraj took this opportunity to swing a grappling hook over the west wall and climb over. As he approached the main building, a soldier stepped out. For a split second both just starred at each other. Then Miraj spun and kicked the man against through the doorway. The computer operators all stood up in surprise. Miraj drew and pointed his recently acquired silent slugthrower at the soldier and fired.
“If you don’t want to die, get into that storage room.” Miraj pointed his pistol toward the storage space to his right. With out a word, the operators complied. Steel joined Miraj in the doorway, blasts hitting the outside of the building.

“I’m out of ammo. Give me your gun.” Miraj tossed him his slugthrower and took out the slicer unit. Mantis better be right about this thing, he thought. Miraj attached the device to the computer, but nothing happened.

“Damn bug!” he roared.

“I heard that1” Mantis’ voice came through on the other end of the comlink. “Just begin the down load, the unit will do the rest.” Miraj did as instructed and the machine began to hum. I hope that’s good, Miraj thought.

Miraj drew his blaster and joined Steel at the doorway. Many soldiers were outside. Six approached the door all at once. All the two could do was take cover. One of the troops outside tossed a grenade through the doorway. Miraj quickly grabbed it and tossed it back. The grenade was tossed a third time and Miraj caught it and threw it outside again.
It finally exploded and the group outside flew back.

Steel looked impressed. “Nice work.”

Miraj smiled, “Thanks, I had a lot of practice with balls of yarn.” Both of them laughed. The slicer unit began to make beeping noise. It had completed the down load. Miraj grabbed it and the data disc containing the sensor records. “Let’s go.”

“Not so fast.” Steel took an explosive charge from his side pack and set it by the computers. The two of them ran outside and the computer operators followed close behind. The main doors opened to allow a scout bike party entrance to the inside. Steel managed to shoot one off his repulsor bike. The others swooped around and formed a circle, blocking the rebels from their escape route. Miraj rolled, jumped and dived to avoid enemy fire, while Steel shot another biker. The remaining two bikers fired in vein at Miraj. Miraj drew ever closer to the large doors, which were beginning to close. He took a chance and dove through. Steel managed to paraglide over the wall, but his glider was damaged by enemy fire and rendered useless. Both began to run back toward the skiff. Miraj called out to Mantis.

“We got the data, request pick up. Do it now, bug man!”

“Hold on. I anticipated this, so I sent the transport out an hour ago. It’s waiting a kilometer from your position.”

“Did you hear that?” Miraj asked. Steel nodded.

The bikers were coming back for revenge. They needed to move fast, but Miraj predicted a final battle with these jokers was soon to come. Steel rolled, turned around and fired a shot at one of the bikers, but missed. Miraj stopped, waited for the right moment and then jump kicked one of the bikers off his ride. With out its pilot, the bike continued on its path until it hit a snow hill. The last biker maneuvered around for one final pass. In a daring move, Steel stood right in front of the on-coming repulsorbike and then fired. He dodged out of the way as the bike spend by with its pilot slumped over the controls.

The infiltrators continued to run toward the ship. The transport was just as Mantis said it would be. Its rusted hull, and cheesy decals were a beautiful sight.

There's more to come, so stay tuned...

Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm working on the next part of Miraj's second mission. Don't know when it'll be ready though. The third mission is long and complicated, I might abbreviate it. Weis' stories are filled with action and inner drama. I'll work on them when time permits. Very busy lately.

Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Laughing balls of yarn... hehe Laughing

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You remember that, don't you Crell? That was crazy! That mission was more complicated than I make it sound, wasn't it?

Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a hell of a lot more...

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The story continues…

Miraj rested in his quarters on board the transport. He didn’t care to look at the scenery this time; he had enough of the snow and ice for one day. The captain’s voice echoed throughout the ship informing his passengers that they were moments away from the Emporium. Miraj sat down on his bed shelf and wondered about the next part of his mission. Would he be able to monitor the double agent without being detected? Was he supposed to kill him? How is this Luskin Exovar involved? He hoped he would find the answers when they arrived.

The ship landed in the underground starport called Luskin’s Landing. The facility was well equipped by stellar standards and maintained a full staff of NR-5 maintenance droids. The captain handled the landing fees while Miraj and Steel headed toward the Emporium. Miraj was turned and was starring strait at an Imperial AT-AT. He took a step back and realized it was not an entire AT-AT, but only its head.

“Security’s pretty tight around here, isn’t it?” Steel asked, half joking of course about the behemoth head. Miraj already liked the Emporium. Printed in bold text on the archway, “Eyes can never see what the mind views as impossible…” for all to see. As the two stepped through they saw all the wonders a lifetime of exploration had to offer. Before them was not a shabby saloon, but more like an elegantly appointed Moff’s manor home. The main dining area was filled with booths and tables. Miraj figured the place could seat nearly one thousand people. Hanging from the ceiling were many ships and vehicles. Miraj recognized a few speeders, an X-Wing and a TIE fighter.

At the center of the room a circle unbroken steps lead to the sunken bar. Steel leads Miraj down the steps and they sit at the bar. Luskin Exovar was to make an appearance. “Any thing to drink, gentlemen?” Asked the droid bartender. Miraj declined. Steel ordered something called a Socorran raava.

“Where’s Exovar? We need to speak with him.” Miraj asked the droid.

“Master Exovar is expecting you. He’s waiting in the Library.” Miraj got up and headed in the direction the droid pointed. Steel remained at the bar.

When Miraj entered the Library, he found it strangely quite and empty except for a single occupant. Luskin Exovar sat facing the doorway. He was human just past his prime, but didn’t look bad for a man of his years and many adventures. He smiled as Miraj entered, “Greetings, my friend. How was your trip?”

Miraj didn’t care for pleasantries, he wanted the mission to be over. “Fine. Let’s get down to business. You know about the double agent, right? Where is he?”

“Right to the point, I like that. Your man is in a private meeting room with his contact.”

“The ISB agent?”

“Don’t know. We can listen in on their conversation in the security room. Follow me.” Exovar lead him to a small, dark room. Inside, many screens shown images of empty and occupied rooms. A small green alien with an eye patch and cane sat and observed the monitors. “This is my security chief, Redeye.” Redeye nodded and pointed to one of the monitors.

“That’s the one.” He said in a gruff voice. Miraj picked up a headset and put it on. “His friend stepped out for a drink.” The man in the image sat facing the monitor. He didn’t move or speak. A few minutes later, a second man entered the room. He was dressed in black clothes and wore a long black coat. The brim of his hat hid his face. The first man, who Miraj presumed to be the double agent, stood to greet the second. The man, who Miraj thought to be the ISB agent, shook his hand and to everyone’s surprise, stabbed him in the chest. Miraj quickly got up and left the room. Redeye followed close behind.
“Room 13, to your left! Hurry!”

Miraj didn’t need to be told. He ran down the hall. The killer was at the end with the murder weapon raised above his head. “You’ll never catch me, Panther!” He turned and ran for the crowds. Miraj ran after him. He dodged and weaved through the crowd and when he reached the middle of the Emporium, all he found were the killer’s clothes. Miraj gathered them up and searched them, but found nothing.

“I’ll keep your clothes, damn you!” Miraj yelled. Miraj quickly ran back to the security room. “Redeye did your security measures spot him?”

“No.”

Miraj slumped into a chair. “How could this happen?”

To be continued…

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: