The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Rathe Ehtar's Characters
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Rathe Ehtar's Characters Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this game was a lot of fun, Rathe ended up keeping the killer's long black coat, i suppose it was a memento or something... or maybe he just took it out of spite... but he kept that coat for the longest time

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you might recal, Crell. Miraj kept at least one suvenir from every mission. That coat was a cool bonus. The sad thing is, I left that coat at Echo base when it fell to the Empire. Crying or Very sad I loved that coat.

"I don't buy that cluck like a dog, bark like a chicken stuff." -Col. Jack O'Neill
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

really? what did you keep from the desert mission?

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The desert mission was the third mission, right?
I kept the Stormcommando armor, remember?

"I don't buy that cluck like a dog, bark like a chicken stuff." -Col. Jack O'Neill
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you who haven't read Miraj's story because they are too long, or because you don't care to, let me break down the what the game was about.

First, the game was based a little off the Metal Gear games as I mentioned in the beginning. In many ways Stealth Panther is like Solid Snake. They're both infiltrators and skilled soldiers. They also share similiar people skills. In Metal Gear, Snake works alone. Panther works alone, or rather I play the game alone with the MOG. Stealth Panther, like Solid Snake, does best when he doesn't have others to worry about. This will become obvious when you read mission 3.

Miraj is the kinda guy who likes to keep busy. SpecForce games are filled with action but everyone needs down time, even the Special Forces.
Miraj spent much of his time training with the Acrobatics skill, which pays off in mission 3. Still, he craves the action. Most of his missions were hard to plan on the MOGs part. I could think of many missions now, but not many good ones on the spot, like he did. Many involved rescue and one kidnapping. Miraj doesn't like those missions, too much to deal with. Killing is much easier. If that makes him a dark character, so be it.

Now the general theme was stealth infiltration. Emphasis on the stealth. Miraj was challenged with many tight places, long jumps, sneaking, rolling and ducking around cameras(mission 3) and lots of foes with really good blaster rolls. The hardest part was trying to go unnoticed. Unlike in Metal Gear, the bad guys don't give up and return to patrol in Star Wars.

In the background of his missions a mysterious man, known as The Major, called the shots. He wants to challenge Miraj with everything he's got, including Stormcommandos. They may be hard to kill, but Miraj really likes the challenge. He kills one in Mission 3 in a very cool fight.

After Mission 3, the mood changes and the MOG sends Panther to Calamari for some R&R and he ends up saving a slave and fighting a quarren assassin that poisons Miraj. He also gets to shoot at TIEs in a freighter, but his mechanical is so low he doesn't hit anything except for asteroids, and he was actually aiming for them.

After that he went to Hoth and rode a Tantaan, which was very cool, but got knocked out by a Wampa and nearly became a frozen dinner. After some rest, he's off to a jungle world to help save a rebel officer. Don't want to spoil it, but there were lots of fights, including a cool one with a sniper, and lots of sneaking and failed demolition rolls. He does save the day, but with a little help from a human. Cause if you hadn't noticed, Miraj can't fit into a stormtrooper's armor.

My favorite line Miraj used was "Save the mission imposible crap. Who do you want me to kill?" Dark, you bet.

Ragnar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but with a little help from a human. Cause if you hadn't noticed, Miraj can't fit into a stormtrooper's armor.

was that "Blast Chameleon" or did chris edit him out for someone who was a more frequent player?
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was the GMC that miraj was trying to save Smile

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. Sneaking around Imperial facilities are fun and challenging, but even with a 9D sneak I would feel more at ease if I were human. I think half the fun of playing him is the fact that his appearance makes his job that much harder. Smile

Well, Miraj is do for a vacation don't you think? Maybe he'll go to Calamari...

Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miraj may be facing another challenging mission next week. May the Force be with me. Wink

Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May the force be with the GM... he's going to need it...

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: