The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Constructing a lightsaber D6 Rules?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Constructing a lightsaber D6 Rules? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ifurin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats one of the things i imagine. the emperor sitting in his treasure room with several artifacts, "and this is from that time i had the stormtroopers destroy a planet. and this is from the time....." then there's my attempt to rationalize the lack of some tech made by the release of episodes 1-3. like the trade guild was destroyed and their droid armies taken by the emperor and used for him alone.
awfulalex
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krapou wrote:
Just my two cents about the above construction methods : isn't one month for the minimum construction time a bit too long ?

I think Light sabers did take a very long time to construct as it was the final test of completing your training. I believe a Jedi's personal Lightsaber was something he invested a lot of time and effort in and took a very long time to do just collecting the right materials, etc.

In times of need the Jedi could make lightsabers in a very short time and work on several at the same time, but these where not as high quality and carefully made for theri user as the Jedi's personal saber.
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ifurin wrote:
... then there's my attempt to rationalize the lack of some tech made by the release of episodes 1-3. like the trade guild was destroyed and their droid armies taken by the emperor and used for him alone.

Well, that one was simple; combat droids were made illegal under Imperial law. The Trade Federation's droids would have been scrapped in the years following the war. I believe the illegality of combat droids is covered in the main book; and assassin droids disguised as other droids explains why, for example, droids aren't allowed in the Mos Eisley cantina.

As for the scarceness of lightsabers, and other Jedi artifacts, it's really not that tough to fathom. The Jedi themselves were fairly few in number; sure we saw a bunch of them in the prequels but there weren't that many galaxy-wide. Most artifacts were destroyed or lost to time and those that were simply dropped in battlefields, well, those battle fields were scattered on planets all over the place... and try finding a single item the size of a lightsaber hilt in a large open area scattered with debris Razz
Think of it this way; if you had a friend throw a painted stick in to an unharvested field, and you didn't know where it landed, or even where it was thrown from, then enter that field and try to find it... the chances of success aren't high without a lot of effort.
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re Droids: Well, i think at the cantina the owner just didnt like droids. they took the jobs of working folk, and had no soul.

Re Lightsabers: true. but scavengers will harvest the metal over time, and might find it. mabye even just by flying over with a powerful magnet. A kid could find it by playing in the fields and just stumble over it. With a decent sized backround you can rationalize having one.

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
awfulalex
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and then the poor kid might switch it on and die.

I do agree with droid s I think on backwater planets people don't like droids becuase they take work from people and can work harder and basically non-stop
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, but after sitting in a field for that long, the power cell could be dead. so he has to take it apart to replace it and then he knows how it will work, and how not to die Wink

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
awfulalex
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

true, lets hope it was long enough, becuase those things' power cells seem to last forever
ifurin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had a force sensitive character in a campaign once (i wanted to roleplay out becoming a jedi) that felt the need to explore in the forests outside of his village. while exploring he was drawn to an old lightsaber, not really knowing what it was he started playing with it. during this time the lightsaber flickered on and ripped into his shoulder. it turned into quite a campaign.
awfulalex
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing at least you survived
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ifurin wrote:
i had a force sensitive character in a campaign once (i wanted to roleplay out becoming a jedi) that felt the need to explore in the forests outside of his village. while exploring he was drawn to an old lightsaber, not really knowing what it was he started playing with it. during this time the lightsaber flickered on and ripped into his shoulder. it turned into quite a campaign.

he he. last time i went into the forest i died from assassin vines. granted it was the jungle, at night (and it was D&D)

Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ifurin wrote:

Brilliant, I love it Smile
awfulalex
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn lightsabers
damn assassins
damn vines
8)
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

everyone should know that jungles are just bad idea. a bad idea indeed.

Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally speaking.

Unless your name is Tarzan. Wink
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, if your the king of ANYTHING, you can be where you are king i would assume Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: