The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Speeders... [LONG]!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Speeders... [LONG]!!! Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing i was looking to do for one of my modules for sparks was actually incorporate WW2-modern era Tanks since that is roughly teh tech level of the planet one of the modules was based on.. But most of where the party went in that module, was more forested than a tank would have been able to get around...
JironGhrad
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
One thing i was looking to do for one of my modules for sparks was actually incorporate WW2-modern era Tanks since that is roughly teh tech level of the planet one of the modules was based on.. But most of where the party went in that module, was more forested than a tank would have been able to get around...

Most WW2 era tanks could handle anything short of the redwood-sized trees you'd see in RotJ.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JironGhrad wrote:
Most WW2 era tanks could handle anything short of the redwood-sized trees you'd see in RotJ.

I've been playing around with a rule set that would increase the difficulty of terrain based on the scale of the vehicle. For instance, a speeder bike being chased by a Floating Fortress would be able to maneuver around obstacles that would be much more difficult for the Floating Fortress to avoid. On the other hand, the larger Floating Fortress could potentially just bull its way through the obstacles, rather than going around them. This would require generating Strength or Body dice values for different kinds of obstacles.

But that's getting off-topic. Let me know if you're interested...

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see someone else Necro-Posting this other than me. Wink

I've been busy doing other things recently, and have had zero chance at all to do D6 gaming, which is why I haven't been here. Major pity that. Sad

Glad some folks found use for my early, and rather crude stuff. But this is how I got on the road to where I was, and thank you, one and all, for encouraging me!
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven Redstar wrote:
Hey Ray? Do you have some stats for a Police Cruiser Landspeeder? I've been looking around and trying to find something appropriate, but I just can't in any of my official stats. Lots of military vehicles, but very few Local Law Enforcement ones.

I'd suggest the Corellian Easyride with a +1 to the Body Strength for the minor structural enhancement it'd get (like the Bull Bars IRL that police cars get), and a full +1D to Maneuverability, with maybe a minor bonus to Move for those departments willing to modify the engines a touch.
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Personally, I'd love to see a vintage Repulsorlift version of the German Army's Sd. Kfz. 251 Half Track.

I've got a concept to go with it...
This'd be more likely done as a walker, maybe a unit designed to be between the AT-AT and the AT-ST, able to hold a single fire unit/squad rather than a platoon.

But I've been away from the system too long. Crying or Very sad I'd have to start studying it up again, and I don't have many books.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy Hell, it's long-lost members week! Welcome back.

I'd prefer it as a repulsorlift unit for use with the Imperial Army's repulsorlift units, which describe a light combat vehicle like a half track used for mobile warfare.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index

Last edited by CRMcNeill on Wed May 17, 2017 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Zarn
Force Spirit

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to check out the updated Star Wars REUP file. You should be able to google that, no problem.
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Holy Hell, it's long-lost members week! Welcome back.

I'd prefer it as a repulsive unit for use with the Imperial Army's repulsorlift units, which describe a light combat vehicle like a half track used for mobile warfare.

Just had an image of a mobile gun with treads... it mostly moves via repulsorlift, but lands to shoot and uses the treads for adjustment.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Personally, I'd love to see a vintage Repulsorlift version of the German Army's Sd. Kfz. 251 Half Track.

Quote:

Guardian Light Transport
Craft: TaggeCo SCS-20 Guardian
Type: Armored transport
Scale: Speeder
Length: 5.5 meters
Skill: Repulsorlift operation: SCS-20
Crew: 2 (pilot, commander), Gunner: 1
Crew Skill: Repulsorlift operation 4D, vehicle blasters 4D
Passengers: None
Cargo Capacity: up to 1 ton depending on configuration (8-10 troops)
Cover: 1/2 to 3/4 (cargo bed), 3/4 to full (driving compartment)
Altitude Range: Ground level up to 2 meters
Cost: 40,000 (used)
Maneuverability: 1D
Move: 105; 300 kph
Body Strength: 3D
Weapons:
Medium Repeating Blaster Cannon
-- Fire Arc: Turret (front, left, right)
-- Crew: 1
-- Scale: Character
-- Skill: Vehicle blasters
-- Fire Control: 1D
-- Range: 5-50/150/300
-- Damage: 6D

Source: Stats by +Oliver Queen.

Ray wrote:
But I've been away from the system too long. Crying or Very sad I'd have to start studying it up again, and I don't have many books.

Time to get back into it Ray. I would encourage you to take a look at the Star Wars D6 G+ community. There is also a Star Wars D6 Discord server that hosts game as well as discussion and so on. A nice community.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray wrote:

Time to get back into it Ray. I would encourage you to take a look at the Star Wars D6 G+ community. There is also a Star Wars D6 Discord server that hosts game as well as discussion and so on. A nice community.

Zarn wrote:
You might want to check out the updated Star Wars REUP file. You should be able to google that, no problem.

Oh how I wish I could do online gaming. Crying or Very sad The Star Wars REUP does sound good, however.
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found out that my stuff here is on the D6 Holocron Wiki. I am very amused. Laughing
ForbinProject
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray wrote:
Just found out that my stuff here is on the D6 Holocron Wiki. I am very amused. Laughing

Thank you for whatever you created that got put on that site. I go there all the time.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanted to give this thread a bump again. I'm copying down all of the stats Ray wrote down and spellchecking and doing a bit of formatting. I was thinking of saving it as a pdf document, although I really wish there was some artwork to go with everything.

I suddenly found myself in need of a speeder van, and remembered that Ray had made a few!
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an extraordinary site. THANK YOU! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: