The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

X-Wing: Rogue Squadron Fan-Made Sourcebook
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> X-Wing: Rogue Squadron Fan-Made Sourcebook Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How could you do this, and NOT include the comics? Just keep in mind that Dllr Nep, Herian Ingre, Cartariun, and Girov Dza'tey were all Force-sensitive.

Are you planning to include the Wraiths and Starfighters of Adumar? WotC had a bunch of articles about Adumar. You could use them as reference, or just convert them from d20 to d6.

For that matter, what about I, Jedi? Here are several reasons why it should be included:
1. It's written by Stackpole, who wrote most of the X-Wing novels and comics.
2. Corran is the primary character in the story, and it's told from his POV.
3. Leonia Tavira is one of the main adversaries.
4. A good number of prominent figures from the X-Wing novels shows up in the book.
5. Over half the book deals with starfighters, space battles, and space jockeys.

As for the ships, Xynar's suggestion is the best way to go, but I think you should include stats for the Lusankya and Avarice/Freedom after the Battle of Thyferra to show how badly damaged they got. Same goes for the Iron Fist after the Battle of Selaggis.
Xynar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forceally wrote:
How could you do this, and NOT include the comics? Just keep in mind that Dllr Nep, Herian Ingre, Cartariun, and Girov Dza'tey were all Force-sensitive.

No problem. Thanks for the reminder.

Forceally wrote:
Are you planning to include the Wraiths and Starfighters of Adumar? WotC had a bunch of articles about Adumar. You could use them as reference, or just convert them from d20 to d6.

Earlier there was a Wraith Squadron discussion and we determined to leave it to just Rogue Squadron.

Forceally wrote:
For that matter, what about I, Jedi? Here are several reasons why it should be included:
1. It's written by Stackpole, who wrote most of the X-Wing novels and comics.
2. Corran is the primary character in the story, and it's told from his POV.
3. Leonia Tavira is one of the main adversaries.
4. A good number of prominent figures from the X-Wing novels shows up in the book.
5. Over half the book deals with starfighters, space battles, and space jockeys.

These will not be included, but there can be another Cracken's Threat Dossier for "I, Jedi", "Wraith Squadron", and a few others that haven't been covered yet. Busy?

Forceally wrote:
As for the ships, Xynar's suggestion is the best way to go, but I think you should include stats for the Lusankya and Avarice/Freedom after the Battle of Thyferra to show how badly damaged they got. Same goes for the Iron Fist after the Battle of Selaggis.

I didn't think of that. Like how characters are labeled "As of the Battle of Thyferra" and then stats, maybe do it for ships like that as well. Hmmm...
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since it'll be Rogue Squadron only, then will Starfighters of Adumar be covered as well? Your answer wasn't very clear about that book.
Xynar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forceally wrote:
Since it'll be Rogue Squadron only, then will Starfighters of Adumar be covered as well? Your answer wasn't very clear about that book.

Most likely, yes.
Doomhead
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Id Love Reply with quote

I'd love to see the finished product, it sounds like an awesome idea... keep up the good work! Laughing

http://www.box.net/shared/cn6f7sdkog
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jeff9650
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Long time lurker, first time poster. While trolling thru some links for D6 Star Wars info that I plan to use for my campaign, I found this web site.

http://www.geocities.com/nridatabase/index.htm

I hope this link will help the person who's wanting to make a Rogue Squadron source book.

Thanks.
Xynar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Looks like I have little work to do after all. I don't want to do this if someone else has already done it. I will try to contact the person that did this and see if he wants to help out.
noctum_carpe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Links dead?

You may fire when ready
Matthias777
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not dead, we flooded the site and made the person exceed their bandwidth limit. Geocities is bad about that.
noctum_carpe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay:(

You may fire when ready
Xynar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can still see it all here, via the Way Back Machine.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's great. If we could get that guy's approval, we could use all that material, tweak it to our liking and fill in the blanks and have a kick-@$$ X-Wing Sourcebook much quicker.
Doomhead
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shakes dice in hands, looks very intently at the table... shakes the dice one last time and lets them fly... OH NO... a 1 on the wild Die... what is the mishap for taking down a website? An eternity in A STAR WARS CHRISTMAS SPECIAL hell?

http://www.box.net/shared/cn6f7sdkog
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would serve well as a base template for some characters. But keep in mind they were written back in 2000. SWRPGNetwork and some other sites might have d6 stats, either original or converted from d20, which could have been created post-2000. Shouldn't we consider consulting these sites before going forward?

Also, does anyone know if there are any sourcebooks in the forums here dealing with some of the other topics covered on that website? Like Jedi Academy: Leviathan, the YJK books, etc.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this site would be a great starting point, but it's not the final product. We would scour the net for other stats, either original or d20 converted, and add our own input to come up with the final stats. However bear in mind that there's no new relevant information on these stats that could have been released after 2000. And d20 conversions are potentially no better than what this guy created. But one good thing is that he already has lots of descriptive text boxes for all those items, which is something that tends to stall a fanbook (at least that's what happened to my Ep3 book).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: