The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Joke Characters
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Joke Characters Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Resh Kaska
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:40 am    Post subject: Joke Characters Reply with quote

They pop up in every game at some point. I was just curious as to who the most memorable ones were in your Star Wars games.

In one of my earliest Star Wars campaigns, I introduced a HUGE (and very dumb) blue wookiee named Retsnomeekooc or Retsnom for short. For those of you too drunk to puzzle it out for yourselves, he was inspired by this guy.

With a little bit of the Looney Tunes' Abominable Snowman thrown in for extra dumbness... and much physical pain for certain Corellian smugglers in the party at the time.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We also had joke wookiee in our campaign. He was named Bahbacca, which sounds exactly like the portuguese word for moron. We used to shave the poor guy in his sleep and all that.
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there's the infamous "Fluffy" on the boards here.

But, in addition, there was Second Officer Furst of my group's "Gods of the Universe" campaign.

A perpetual whiner and depressed fellow, which I'm surprised that the GM didn't have committed. Razz

He almost became the CO of the Fleet, but the group bought it out from under him.

He even found fault in being a millionaire, despite a lack of taxes on the money thanks to our intrepid army of accountants!
Krayt
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a joke wookie too, named Gersakka (or somethin' like that). His special ability was... err... gas attacks. Laughing

He was a complete idiot that tended to mess up all the best plans, and all our gear. "The best laid plans of men and mice: Are allways screwed up by that dumb wookie!"
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my players couldnt think of a name, so he said "my name is blank, wait, im a wookie, Blankbakka." So one of my other players laughed and said "so i guess its Blanky for short" needless to say, the name stuck

What is it that all joke names or characters happen to be wookies lol

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Resh Kaska
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QUite by accident, I had a Rodian Tech NPC named Speedo Detra. He never got used once I found out what Speedos were.
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our Resident Rodian wore speedos on occasion.

Although, this was more due to psycological warfare than anything else.

Oh, and when he decimated the fleet of wooden pirate ships with Thermite. But that was because it was the only swimwear he had at the time.
hisham
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a player who played an Ewok named "Blip-be-de-Blop". But all the other players called him "Spot". He had a hat made from a mynock, complete with wings. Everytime people jumped into action with weapons ready, he ran into battle pulling on strings that made the mynock wings flap.
Aise
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a player who wanted to be, however i didn't let him, a broken droid. The other players would of had to spend a few sessions getting the parts together, kind of like HK-47 in KOTOR II.
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy way around that, Aise.

Just let him play a regular droid. He'll get broken into pieces soon enough. Twisted Evil
themuffinman1201
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

our campaign is basically one big joke...we have a pig man, a beagle, a ninja, Bobby the Stormtrooper, and not a character thing but my character has gone through 6 Ghtroc Freighters in a year....and my GM won't give me anything else.
krysallokard
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought it was funny in the Shadows of the Empire Planet Guide that the Imperial consular on Bothawui was named Dandamount Pring.

This has led to much hilarity in my group since every time there's a new Imperial officer the group starts to say, "pring!"

What's even better is that I didn't make it up. It's just printed that way.
Skaff Toxian
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Officer Pring. The one comedic man in the Galactic Empire.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a friend who ran a Wookiee and named him Chigliac McWawa. I don't remember the reference, but it was hilarious watching the other players trying to call out THAT name...
TheCrazyDuro
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Joke Characters Reply with quote

I have had a game for a few months and there was a character that was Named Trilack that was after the group. When they first me him, they took him out in two rounds stopped his juggernaut left him for dead with one hand and never learned his name and forevermore he was Rocketman . The next encounter they met him in the deep core and he was in his juggernaut and he tried to shoot them but they made the jump came back several hours later and he was still there trying to get the hyperdrive to work. the third time they were on kamino and the group was with archeologists underwater, he fell down and elevator shaft and broke his back before they even saw each other.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: