The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Telan Shadows
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Telan Shadows Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject: Telan Shadows Reply with quote

I'd developed some story ideas combining elements from various Star Wars ideas and some video games, with a little dose of real apocalyptic flare a while back that I'd wanted to play with my table top gaming group, set in a novel/original sector/planet. Unfortunately, the interest in RPGs had waned after our last game, which we chose to end in the late fall, and I haven't been able to work with these ideas, some of which I've been wanting to explore for years. As such, after chatting with Vong in IRC (#RancorPit) and discussing my story and discussing bringing some Rancor Pit gaming to IRC, we've decided to combine the two.

Yup, we want to play this game on IRC, and you're invited.
Time Frame: Around ESB
Characters: Rebels or Rebel sympathizers
-- Standard starting characters (+6D Attributes, 7D skills)
-- Using house rule Force System, details can be provided if someone desires to play a Force User and it's approved.
-- 6000 Credits for equipment
-- Up to, let's say, 8 players

Star Wars
Telan Shadows

The Galaxy is in a period of civil unrest. Having lost its ultimate weapon, the Deathstar, at the hands of a band of freedom fighters, the mighty Galactic Empire begins to tighten its grip on its fringe territories in an effort to crush the rebellion and secure precious resources. The fringe, once a haven for those wishing to remain unnoticed has come under greater scrutiny and the rebellion is beginning to feel the pressure.

The peasceful, Imperial aligned Telan system has gone below the notice of most of the Galaxy for centuries. Tela has been a minor home of the arts and medicine, and a supplier of ores essential in durasteel production. The Empire, under High Admiral Feldan has begun to exert its presence in the system to ensure its continued loyalty and supply of ore, unfortunately for the Telans. A small rebel band maintains a presence in the Telan system, working to eliminate the Empire's presence and the atrocities it commits against Tela's people.

High above Tela's skies a small battle rages between the desperate rebels and Imperial forces.
... and life carries on below, unaware of the dispute...

Brief background on the setting:
Tela; a beautiful planet of lush forests, soaring mountain ranges, verdant valleys. A planet with a rich indigenous history. A planet with an inner blight.

Beneath the surface of Tela's beauty, the Telans whisper tales of something deeper, something darker... something from a past that will not disappear. Legends all, but legends that will not fall to the mists of time. Once, it is believed, Tela was home to two races, the Telans who live their daily lives trading, administering the arts and academia and a race who's name is known to only a few, but who'd reputation lives on in many of the legends the Telans whisper amongst themselves. Few truly believe in this other race's existance, but none are truly willing to deny the possibility. They are referred to as the Atramenta, the shadows.

Life goes on on Tela. The legends of the Atramenta are stories told during the festivals of Solvas, the dark season, and nothing more. There are more pressing concerns than obscure tales of a past era.

High Admiral Feldan has come to the Telan sector to secure the interests of the Empire. The Empire's interests, in this case, are carvanium and zersium; important ores in durasteel production. Diplomacy being one of Feldan's weak points, his heavy handed approach to the issue has earned him and the Empire many enemies in the sector, but the mild Telans have been able to put forth little resistance.

A small oupost of the rebel alliance has developed in the Telan sector to aide those Telans willing to fight for the freedom and rights. Though small, this band has managed some major strikes against Feldan's forces in the Sector.
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll keep a log of the game sessions and record/chronicle what happens in each game session on a messageboard (here or my own) and set up somewhere to record character sheets and all that jazz too.
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

count me in Very Happy

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
krysallokard
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds pretty cool. I'd love to be involved if I had the time, although that would be tricky. Any idea on a playing schedule? Although I guess you wouldn't really know until you have players.
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, play schedule will depend on player availability.

Time Zone wise, I'm in the Atlantic Time zone (GMT - 4) and am available almost any evening... and depending on how busy I'm working, I can be available through the day. Weekends are pretty open as well.
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

prety much yea, best is to hang out on irc while we figure out our schedules Smile

http://chat.vjtd3.com/cgiirc/ is the weblink

or you can get mIRC and /server irc.vjtd3.com

then in boty, you type /join #RancorPit

stop by and say hi Very Happy

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone?
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm gonna revisit this again; I've set up a section on my board for the game and have a couple members of the Pit working on characters... If you'd like in on it, let me know.

The game will be pbp, with some opportunity for IRC gaming as well, if the players can agree to it.

#RancorPit is now on the holonet server, by the way; http://holonet.org (/server irc.holonet.org if you use an actual IRC client).
Come by and chat whether you're interested in this game or not.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Golbez
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just assumed this thread was dead, but your still holding true?

I dont think I would have the time for IRC gaming, but I wouldn't mind PbP'ing, if you have a start date in mind that is.
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably won't start for another week or so. I only have two characters made so far.

I had let the game die, until yesterday Razz Couple people were talking about wanting to play another game while we were on IRC, so this resurrected. It will be primarily PbP, and only move over to IRC if everyone involved in a scene agrees to do so (so, probably only PbP).

So far the confirmed players are:
Vong
Arianna
Kelyndra
Suud43
Noctum_Carpe
Esoomian

With a possible character from BoHeck... so there's room for perhaps one more character.

The date has also been shifted ahead to early 4ABY (pre-ROTJ)

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Golbez
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any character restrictions?
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather people played off-worlders, though Telans are a possibility (though I would, again, prefer that they not be the Telan species); rebel types or sympathizers preferred... I can work with characters that aren't though...

Um, my basic requirement is to make sure that they make sense; have a good background to explain their personality, how they got to be who and where they are, etc. If you try to make something that won't work, well, I'll tell ya Razz

No stupidly powerful species.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Golbez
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ankhanu wrote:

That a shot at the Nogrhi?

lol,

no, I was thinking of a standard species. Nice and easy, Galactic Basic speaker, nothing to complex, but not a walking piece of armour either.
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Golbez wrote:
Ankhanu wrote:

That a shot at the Nogrhi?

Not intentionally, no Razz
But yeah, I did mean stuff like Noghri.

Golbez wrote:
no, I was thinking of a standard species. Nice and easy, Galactic Basic speaker, nothing to complex, but not a walking piece of armour either.

Sounds great. It's kinda sad that "standard" is abnormal Razz

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Golbez
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose thats the downfall of a 20 year old game, everyone is looking to do something they haven't before. Which in turn means that old is new again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: