The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

A-Wing's Enemy Tergetting Jammer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> A-Wing's Enemy Tergetting Jammer Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xynar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's no longer the age of learning; it's the age of research. Wink

Really though, with "Range" in the stats, logically it would have range modifiers. The "Firing Arcs" is the issue. Is it a bubble? Probably not. So we will have to determine if it follows another rule set. Do we keep it in one? Merge two like I did? Or make up something new? Since it uses the sensor skill, part of the problem is taken care of. No matter what the outcome is, it will use sensors as the skill. Now do we treat it as sensor gear and follow how sensors work? Then we may want to look at updating sensor mask and sensor jamming rules as well. Do we want to follow shields as a rule? We worry about arcs covered then. Or are we going to use it to target ships like a blaster cannon? Then it's already pretty self explanatory. Maybe we should use more than one rule set to iron this out.

Let's discuss this.
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wellm they could roll a sensors when the turn it on (or you roll it as a gm) so the range modifiers will let you know how far out the disruptor will work (they roll a 5, it only works at close range, and roll a 50 it works double past long range)...

that kinda makes sence to me.

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh boy, I can see something like this happening.

"Tie Scout 4772 reporting... I have an A-Wing on my scope."

*Single A-Wing Pilot Rolls Insanely well, getting over 100!*

"Correction... Ten... Twenty... Fifty... Sir, my Sensor package has just blue-screened from too many targets. Request permission to come back to the Star Destroyer and get a change of Pants."
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, but the jammer only subtracts 2D from oponenets TC, preventing them from getting a lock on them Razz

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, sorry, posted that when distracted. Was thinking of a Sensor Decoy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: