The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

How many PC have you kill? and what is the more funnier dead
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> How many PC have you kill? and what is the more funnier dead Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 11:46 am    Post subject: How many PC have you kill? and what is the more funnier dead Reply with quote

For my part I have kill just one PC... no I don't kill this character another character made it for me:
- my wookie had noises with an bounty hunter (1st play for the character)
- they were on a snow planet
- the wookie made a snowball (just 2D of damage, without use strengh) and he "launch it" dice roll: 6 + 5 + 6 + 6 + 6 + 3 or 26 of damage
- the smuggler had 4D (without XP 'cause it was his first adventure) and made 1 + 3 + 5 + 4 or 7
- 26-7= 19 --> he dies

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: How many PC have you kill? and what is the more funnier Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
For my part I have kill just one PC... no I don't kill this character another character made it for me:
- my wookie had noises with an bounty hunter (1st play for the character)
- they were on a snow planet
- the wookie made a snowball (just 2D of damage, without use strengh) and he "launch it" dice roll: 6 + 5 + 6 + 6 + 3 or 26 of damage
- the smuggler had 4D (without XP 'cause it was his first adventure) and made 1 + 3 + 5 + 4 or 7
- 26-7= 19 --> he dies
Loc Taal
Grand Master (Founder / Admin Emeritus)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I've ever killed any PCs (as a player or GM). If the player was doing something extremely stupid and ignored repeated warnings then I would probably let them die (as a GM). I remember one adventure as a player, my character hit another PC so hard it dislocated my character's arm (rolled a complication but still enough damage to really mess him up). The other guy did get the worst of it, though, as he ended up unconscious. My character just had to pop his arm back into place... Laughing

The original RANCOR PIT archive
Rexer
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I have ever killed another PC as a player. I have as a Game Master. I had to. The character gave me no choice. Character (well actually two characters) was walking through Mos Eisley pushing a repulsoslet with weapons in broad daylight! As a patrol of storm troopers were coming down the road they did not deviate from their path (they saw the troopers at an extreme range. I was giving them a break because they were new players). As the storm troopers neared they crossed the street to intercept them, giving them one last chance to get away. They didn't take it and a fight ensued. After 2 of the storm troopers were killed the players became wounded and disarmed. As they are getting "rounded up" one of them pulls a thermal from his pouch. The other one tells the storm troopers to get the hell out of there and then bolts himself leaving his friend and the cargo behind. He manages to dive around a corner before it goes off. The other player (the one with the thermal) grabbed the officer of the group to make sure he couldn't get away as the thing goes off STILL IN HIS HAND!!!! What was I supposed to do!?! I guess I could have made it a dud and not gone off but the mission was so screwed up already anyway that there would have been no point. Rolling Eyes

There was one other time where we ended up in a huge brawl with everyone. There was a group of 10 people playing and everyone knew someone but nobody knew everyone. It just ended up two characters started a scuffle and everyone joined in taking sides. I was playing a Coynite and pretty much mauled a guy with my claws and even used experience points. The character should have been dead twice over but the Game Master would not allow it and only had the character unconsious. That is the closest thing to killing a character I have come across.

We have done some interesting things to other characters though but, that is a story for another day. Right Calvin? Tank? Loc?
Loc Taal

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee, and I wonder why some people don't enjoy playing with our group any more... Makes it kinda difficult to run an adventure/campaign when all you do as GM is referee the players fighting amongst themselves... Very Happy

Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've killed a few in my time... once was when the players were SpecForce Infiltrators, and the players well... got captured... and i'd rather not discribe what happend to them to make them talk... the other time it was just luck of the roll... and other times, well, pcs are just idiots, like declaring that you want to change your clothes in the middle of a cantina, then when someone tells you to stop, you try to shoot him sort of stuff... not cool
Loc Taal

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! Wow... Shocked

Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i know... now the guy that died plays D&D 3.5
Loc Taal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah... d20... Wink

Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

d20 is cool for D&D but it doesn't belong in the star wars universe
Rexer
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get what is the big rage about the d20 system. There seems to be a d20 mod for every game out there. Death to players who use the d20 system. That would be the only reason I would kill a character as a Game Master. Just imagine it .....

"But, I want to play the d20 system. Forget this old d6 style."

"Ok, you walk down the street. You hear a ship flying overhead. As you look up you see the charges dropping right on top of you. The last thing you hear is your own girlish scream as the bombs explode."

"Hey, you are right. This d20 system can be fun." Razz
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, especially when they've got less than 20 hp
Rexer
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you give them that many? I was thinking more like 1 or 2 for the d20 system. Laughing
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it depends on their class and their constitution score

and at first level you automatically gain max

at least that's how it is for d&d
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many. As a director I tell my players if they engage in combat, I let the dice fall where they do. Without risk of failure there is no hope of glory. The only thing I don't do is kill the characters without warning. That sniper always aims at an NPC first.

The first time the director allows the characters to be wiped out by the large group of stormtroopers they should have left alone, forever after the players will be more respectful of them. And they should be respectful of Imperial stormtroopers...the rest of the galaxy is terrified of them.

Reinforcements!? Did anybody see where they came from!?

Last edited by Volar the Healer on Fri Feb 06, 2004 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: