The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

How many PC have you kill? and what is the more funnier dead
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> How many PC have you kill? and what is the more funnier dead Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Loc Taal
Grand Master (Founder / Admin Emeritus)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone in our group had made up stats for both Aliens and Predators at one point. And yes, there is definitely something terrifying about the xenomorphs... Laughing

Didn't that Jedi have a lightsaber? I suppose slicing and dicing aliens with a lightsaber may not have been the best idea anyway, considering their acid blood would probably have hurt a little if any sprayed on him... Wink

The original RANCOR PIT archive
Urhart the Fallen Angel
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wookie character killed a columi ally when in a rage, by smashing him in the face ten times Embarassed
Love is still the answer take my hand
The vision fades a voice I hear
Listen to the madman!'
Ragnar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent!!!! Twisted Evil
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it isn't SW... but I was playing Shadowrun back in college. My friend's girlfriend came over, so he bailed. He had an eight-foot tall Egyptian Street Shaman he handed over to me to run in addition to my Rigger. So we continue on like everything's cool...except I'd not played anything other than the rigger, and this was maybe my third session so I didn't know much to boot. Anyway, we're driving down the street in my car when the ground opens up in front of us, swallowing the entire front end of my ride. I was HOT! Mad We bailed out and scattered. I had the shaman run into an abandoned warehouse. Now, picture Bugs Bunny tunneling under the ground, only under the ROAD. It followed the shaman into the warehouse, caught up with him, and engulfed him. Now, only after two rounds of this fraggin' thing squeezing the life out of my friend's character does one of the geniuses next to me say, "Duh! That's an earth elemental! Banish it with your totem!" I, of course, had to get clarification on what the heck I was doing, because he was speaking Huttese to me. Needless to say, my friend's shaman became an underground grease spot. Everyone just sat in hushed silence around the table for a few moments. The guy who figured out it was an elemental said softly, "Eric's gonna be pissed!"

Eric took it quite well. I think it had to do with the fact that his girlfriend was there. Whatever; saved my bacon! Shocked
Dan Kroll
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... I never killed a player when Iīm the Dungeon Master... but I already destroyed our droid, MK, and blowed the hand of my fella, a Gungan Warrior...
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YEAH!! Both MY characters!! Evil or Very Mad Confused
Dan Kroll
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gry Sarth wrote:
YEAH!! Both MY characters!! Evil or Very Mad Confused

Sorry fella. For me, MK never would be destroyed... and, in fact, I donīt remember what happened... how I D.I.A. it ?

And about your Gungan, it was YOU that grabled a activeted grenade...
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, our puny transport was surrounded by 2 or 3 TIE Advanced, so we surrendered and landed. The group then told Emkay to fire at the ships. We were obviously outgunned and the TIEs dissected our ship. When we were about to explode, the entire group ran away, but the poor, slow droid pilot didn't have time to escape and blew up with the ship.

I blame it all on you!

And about the gungan, hey I was just trying to deactivate it to save some innocent lives, it's not my fault I rolled all 1s....
Tahlorn
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't killed any PCs when I have ran (althoguh the have gotten clsoe), and havent seen other PCs die in our sessions (again, many close calls). We run the rules of that you won't actually die unless you do something stupid. If you are forced into a firefight, or just dumb luck puts you in a tough spot, you can get mortally wounded or take dehabilitating injuries, but death is from shear stupidity (we run with Darwinian rules, survival of the fittest).

2 times I have seen a PC almsot kill another PC, on purpose:

Short version is, groupif running like hell to get back on the ship toescape all the creepy nature critters that are going to eat them alive. One of the players decides to stop and raid on of the already- dead critters, so she can "use its scales for armour" (the player, in my mind, is a complete idiot). Not only is she stopping, but the critter wreaks to high heaven. So she has the scales, everyone else is on board, and the gal with the smelly backpack is about to get on board. As the engines start up, the capitain of the ship (Moshi Horansi, obsessively clean) says that if she doesn't empty out the pack, they are leaving her there. Saddly, the player obliged (the GM said we should have left her there to die, she deserved it) and got on board just in time.

Same idiot player, different character. She is playing a thief. Walks up another PC, who is a very large (stats and physically both), and tries to lift something off of him. He catches her in the act. As she starts to walk away, the other PC grabs her by the shoulder, shoves his sword (he likes archaic weapons) through her, right underneath her shoulderblade. As blood is dripping out of her (can you say wounded twice or worse, no need to roll dice?), his blade stick stuck through her, he whispers into her ear, "Next time, it will be your throat." He pulls out his sword and walks away. I am still trying to get those two characters into the same mission, so I can see his threat go through.

~Tahlorn
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We once had a Coynite throw himself onto a thermal detonator to save the group. He figured with his excellent armour, maximum strength, and a force point he could survive. He actually got upset when the Director informed him he was a fine red mist after the sub-atomic explosive device went off - it didn't matter what the character rolls. Nobody survives jumping on a thermal detonator!

On a good note, the group was saved. They buried the remains of his equipment on Coyn.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that could really put a crimp in the rest of your day... Shocked
Tahlorn
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
On a good note, the group was saved. They buried the remains of his equipment on Coyn.

Now, there HAS to be a way to reward a character / player for such a thing. That right there I would reward a FP for, but FPs do little for "fine red mists". How would you reward this? I would give the player a few extra pips at startup on thier next character, if it is related or very close to the heroicly-dead character, and was iether trying to "make right his death" (vengence), or take his place in whateveer grand scheme he or she was involved in.

~T
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would probabily start him out with a bonus FP, or 5 bonus cp...

As a side question, what damage reduction did you give, for him doing that 'jump on'?
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree. Such a heroic act definitely requires a heroic reward.
Chabit Rane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The worst case I had was when a player set of explosives in a ammo dump, filled with no less than 500 cases grenades. Even after I told him that the pallets were full of grenades and the imperial garrison were making their rounds, he decided to blow the dump up. HE KNEW HE COULD NOT JUST WALK OUT & GET AWAY!?!?!?! So needlessly the rest of the group got pegged by the IMPs. They spent the rest of the campaign running from both the Empire & the Alliance. The area was where the Alliance was trying to gain support for the war. No need to say, that PC died but the pain continued for everyone else.

Bounties around 200,000cr. each.
Proceed with extreme prejudice(i.e., shoot first ask questions latter)
Dead or alive, dead prefered.

And this is from both sides.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: