The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Index to Optional Rules in Supplements
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Index to Optional Rules in Supplements Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Red 331
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:58 am    Post subject: Index to Optional Rules in Supplements Reply with quote

Has anyone ever compiled an index, or sourcebook, with the optional rules that are scattered throughout the various supplements (quick draw in the Corporate Sector Sourcebook, maneuvers in the Rebel Alliance Sourcebook, etc.)?

Last edited by Red 331 on Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tupteq
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard of any. But you can create it, I'm sure that Rancor Pit community will help you Wink
Matthias777
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be up for helping if you need any rules from books you can't get your hands on; I have most of them I think.
Tupteq
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matthias777 wrote:
I'd be up for helping if you need any rules from books you can't get your hands on; I have most of them I think.

I forgot to say that I can help too.
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've actually thought about doing this for my own reference. If I have time, I'll work on it.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good idea. There are jewels hidden in some of the books.

- Ship's Energy Management from Far Orbit Project.
- Zero-G effects. Don't know if it's Far Orbit or DarkStryder...
- Starfighter Maneuvers from Rebel Alliance Sourcebook.
Matthias777
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gry Sarth wrote:
That's a good idea. There are jewels hidden in some of the books.

- Ship's Energy Management from Far Orbit Project.
- Zero-G effects. Don't know if it's Far Orbit or DarkStryder...
- Starfighter Maneuvers from Rebel Alliance Sourcebook.

I just got the Far Orbit project; if needed I can transcribe or perhaps scan (building a new computer over the next few weeks and I ordered a scanner to go with it) the stuff out of that book. I lack the Darkstryder campaign book, and seem unable to locate my brother's copy of the Rebel Alliance Sourcebook. I also have the Han Solo & the Corporate Sector Sourcebook and the Specforce book, which I know have extra optional rules in them. I forget if there are any more that would apply to this endeavor; I'll flip through my books if I have time though.
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even include all the custom rules that the people here on the pit have created and agreed on. that would be wicked

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's not forget those nuggets of wonderful skill rules that WEG has distributed throughout their books. Lightsaber Repair, Droid Engineering, Starfighter Engineering, and all sorts of things are located all over the place.

Yeah, I'd help.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpecForces has a bunch of those, I think. Martial Arts, Climbing and Communications Difficulties, Contaminated Water, Encumberance, Equipment Maintenance, Optional Combat Rules
Red 331
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be willing to help as well. I like the format found in Gry Sarth's sourcebooks, and I think it would be good to limit this to official WEG material. Perhaps someone would be willing to do a separate "House Rules" supplement as well, but that could be much more extensive an effort.

What are the copyright restrictions for something like this? Even if it was just an index, with the name and page of the supplement, along with a short description, that would still be very helpful.
ifurin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how exactly do you want us to help you? write up the rules and send them to you via post? pm? or mail? what would be easer for you?
Red 331
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I originally posted this question to see if there had already been something compiled along these lines. I'm afraid I won't be able to lead an effort to put something like this together (into a pdf for example), but I would be willing to help if I can.

Perhaps this could be done by simply using this thread to post optional rules for each of the WEG supplements. Then, if somebody wants to take this information and compile it more thoroughly, they could do so using the information developed and posted here over time.

Here's an example of what I'm thinking. Say I'd taken the time to look through the entire Rebel Alliance Sourcebook for optional rules (I haven't yet, but this is just an example). I could then post the following within this thread:

Supplement Reviewed: Rebel Alliance Sourcebook (2nd Ed)

Optional Rule #1: Starship Maneuvers (pgs. 78-82)
Description: These rules contain game modifiers to use in 2nd Ed. starfighter combat. Attackers and defenders roll opposed piloting skill rolls, along with maneuverability, and then add or subtract the modifiers to determine the success of certain maneuvers. The seven particular maneuvers described include The Break, The Scissors, Jinking, The Reverse Throttle Hop, The Tallon Roll, The Trap, and The Under Split. Modifiers and a description of the results are included within this maneuvers section.

Optional Rule #2: Etc. Etc.

If someone catches an error, or sees an additional rule that could be posted, they could just add it to the thread.

Maybe this is a good way to get the effort started, allow anybody and everybody to contribute, and lay the groundwork for a more thorough effort if someone gets ambitious later on.
Matthias777
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good to me. After a rule or set of rules is submitted, do you think you could copy and paste them into your initial post? That way everything's right there in the first post, and would be a lot more convenient for readers. Might make it sticky-worthy, even.
Red 331
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could probably paste new submissions in my first post, but I wonder if it would get too long. Is there a way to keep a Word document somewhere online that we could drop text in every now and then, and then just keep a link to it on the first post? I'm afraid I'm not very tech savy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: