The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

[Rebel Uprisings] Episode III, Shadows of the Future
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> PbP Inactive Games Overview -> [Rebel Uprisings] Episode III, Shadows of the Future Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamfke
Admiral
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toba doesn't recognize the model of the ship, but he's pretty sure that it is some sort of freighter. Checking around inside the ship, he finds that it should accommodate the crew, and others, comfortably. He makes his way back to the engines, and checks them over.

Everything is in a pretty sorry state. It appears that this ship has been sitting here for a long, long time. Many of the components are so corroded, they will definitely have to be replaced, and some of the more delicate parts will likely have to be fabricated, as they crumble to dust when Toba probes them. There is no telling what the computer systems are going to look like.
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The intercom again flares into some semblance of life

"If you can describe the ship or point a working sensor at it we can check the computer systems here for a parts list or perhaps a model specification so we can try to assist in making this ship opperational. Also the speeder copntains what we were able to salvage from the dream perhaps some of what we salvaged can be reused."

"It is possible that the mechannibals have some sort of warehouse or factory where stolen parts are converted into more droids or stored. Perhaps a small group can raid the mechannibals if we can find out more."

OOC: Check the computer systems to find out more about this planet and it's mechanical inhabitants. Perhaps some log files still exist somewhere.

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
Jamfke
Admiral
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While scanning through the systems, you find that the computer has been completely disconnected from any outside links. There isn't even an up-link to old satellites or other communication relays. Records show that measures were taken to ensure that the bunker was completely secured from any outside influence.

The only reference as to why, or what this world is all about is in one file labeled "M4-78". It is difficult to decipher most of the data within the file because most of the storage units in the system are heavily corrupted after going for several centuries without maintenance. One entry in the file says that "the planet's environment has turned against us, and we who remain within will surely die." Other parts of the record mention the hordes of war droids having destroyed the "temple," and that "there was one last chance of escape," but no mention of what that chance is.

You find a link to a camera in the hangar, and get a glimpse of the ship. Its shape, and size, match up to a light freighter designated as an Amalgamated Hyperdyne 578-R Space Transport named the Drostruuch. Records indicate that the ship was under repair, and that one of the needed components would have to be retrieved from its sister ship, the Drostrarch, which is currently docked at "the factory." The part needed is a hyperdrive multi-phasic transfer coil.
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"We have uncovered some information of interest from the files here. First and formost the freighter is likely to be called the Drostruuch and it is an Amalgamated Hyperdyne 578-R Space Transport. It was being repaired and needs a hyperdrive multi-phasic transfer coil which was going to be transfered from a sister ship known as the Drostrarch. The Drostrarch's location is given as 'the factory.'

"There are references to this bunker being severed from all other systems on the planet we theorize that something usurped control of the electronic systems of this planet. There are references to war droids destroying the temple and to the environment being turned against us."

"We are aware of the irony as we tell you of another enity usurping control of droids and then pursuing it's own agendas. We cannot recover any more of these files at this time."

OOC: Can I get a maintence bot to help Toba while the speeder bike is being loaded up?

Can the sensors tell me how much of the Dream has been salvaged by the mechannibals?

How much of the escape pod can be used to fix the Drostruuch?

Jamfke
Admiral
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(OOC-Sure, the maintenance bot is no problem. Of course, Toba might blast it out of spite Very Happy

The sensors don't reach out far enough to allow you any information about the Dream.

Most of the hull plating can be yanked from the life boat, and several of its internal systems, wiring, and even engine parts might be usable in the old ship.)
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Cal, if you can twitch it, or what ever, with out disrupting what we're doing too much, go for it, and don't get cocky, kid. Droid, pass the information to Cal's bracer, he may be able to do what you can't. Try bringing up a map or inventory reports, that might help you locate the 'factory'."

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"As instructed, we assume you were reffering to us when you said droid."

OOC: Send the information to Cal's bracer if I can, including what I just found out.

Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orgaloth wrote:
"Toba, run ahead and see if there is a working ship in that hanger. If there is start prepping it. Take Max with you. Kabakh, head for the food stores and get whatever you can. Corric go with him, you too Bandon. Cal and Dev go to this library and grab what you can and take the kid with you. Cyn co-ordinate between the two groups. Zerran you're with me. We're rear guard. You carry the generator and keep your own blaster handy. If those droids get through... Ohh and you droid controlling my speeder. Take the loads that Cal and Kabakh give you to the hanger."

"As you wiwiwish Master," Kabakh says, though he doesn't immediately depart for the task. "If If If I may, Master, I amamam not so sure it is is is wise tototo trust that slaslaslag heap with anything that is impoimpoimportant to your survival survival survival. It may clclclaim to have been assiting the the the crew but I I I am still conconconvinced it was deliberately trtrtrying to eliminate the the the crew and is now now now claiming othothotherwise to save it's it's it's worthless carpice."

Having said his piece Kabakh turns to carry out his orders. He then heads in the direction Christopher pointed out for where to find the food.

Wanted Poster
Jamfke
Admiral
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corric and Bandon have already reached the storage room where the food is kept. The begin checking what is left, and find that everything in the room is ancient. It is perfectly preserved, but dates back to the earliest days of the Old Republic. Kabakh shuffles in and finds them looking through the cases of rations in awe.

In all, there are about thirty cases of rations with enough individual packets to last a single being almost a year, maybe two. There are also several empty containers that could be used to gather water.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I don't care what this ship, or its sister ship, used to be called, I never heard of a 578-R transport, and changing its multi-phasic tranfer coil is among the last things in a VERY long list of what this ship needs. So, yeah, thanks a BUNCH for the help. Much appreciated. And in case your don't get it, that's sarcasm."
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"We are providing an inventory now of the componants that this bunker complex has in use now please wait. Do you wish to begin salvaging the escape pod?"

OOC: Lets see what we can salvage from the bunker's few operational systems.

strongarm85
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christopher had a lot of absorb. So he'd been her 4 or 5 years. It was actually a bit shorter than he'd thought he'd been there to be honest. That was actually the tiny bit of good news Kabakh had given him.

Everything about Palpatine declaring himself Emperor, the Jedi enemies of the state, and turning the Republic into an Empire had really thrown him for a loop. How could the Jedi, who he'd idolized for so long, betray the Republic?

He would have to consider the consequences of that later though. He had other things to worry now.

"So, you seem to be the one in charge here," Christopher said as he walked up to Qassar. He took a deep sigh before he continued, "While it may not be an appealing alternative I have another idea in case Factory doesn't work out for us. While its probably possible to break apart ship parts eventually use them to make new droid parts, it would seem to me to be far simpler to use ship parts to build a new ship. As close as our wrecks where to each other, it is possible they have enough parts now to try and build a working ship.

"In any case, we should try to keep our options open for now. Survival is as much about keeping up your spirits as it is getting anything done. Its important to have a second plan, even if it's something you really don't want to try."
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Nominal Leader. I'm the Captian of Ducass' Dream. Call me Qassar. I'm going to let Toba let me know what we'll need or do. His first suggestion will be to give up and die, then he'll have one that'll get the ship up and running."

Qassar keeps an eye on the door and when he can on teh speeder with the Droid.

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kabakh shuffles over to one of the rations cases. If he had one and he could do so, then he'd scrunch up his nose in disgust at the rations. Though he knows they will keep the crew alive, he much prefers giving them fresh food. But after what Christopher had said about being on this planet since shortly after the Clone Wars started he sincerely doubts he will find anything in the way of fresh food in this bunker.

"How How How old are thththese rations?" He asks aloud, opening a box and looking over them.

Wanted Poster
Jamfke
Admiral
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corric peels open a packet and gives it a sniff. He grimaces at the smell, and then tastes the plain looking bar of nutrients.

"Ugh. It smells like bantha spit, and tastes how I imagine it would as well. The packages don't have a date on them, but from the looks of this place, I'd say they were leftovers from the Mandalorian wars."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> PbP Inactive Games Overview All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111  Next
Page 108 of 111

Jump to: