The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Star Wars Opening Crawl Generator (OS X only)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Star Wars Opening Crawl Generator (OS X only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hazardchris
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Star Wars Opening Crawl Generator (OS X only) Reply with quote

It's been some time since I've posted here but, I've gotten back into the Star Wars RPG scene only recently (my first time as a player). Anyways, we're playing the Dawn of Defiance game published by WotC - which means that it's Saga Edition and not my beloved D6 - and I told the GM that I could create an opening crawl for the game using the tool found at this webstie. Yes, it's for Mac users only but the results are pretty impressive. I've used the tool in the past back when I was running D6 and I think that my editing skills have improved greatly. I use a combination of iPhoto '09 and iMovie '09 to complie the images into the final video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFSszx5Janc

This is my most recent creation using it so I thought that you'd enjoy it. If any of you Mac users out there are having trouble compiling the images with the latest version of iMovie, let me know and I'll write up a guide to produce the finished movie since the creator's site doesn't have an updated version of the how-to.

Let me make you a picture!
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using this too. Oddly enough, there's already a thread about it here somewhere; that's where I heard about it.

I've been putting off advancing my PbP game partially due to wanting to edit my crawl properly with audio and all that jazz (and thereby learning some video editing skills). This is a really handy visual aide for games though.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything like this out there for PCs?
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kytross wrote:
Anything like this out there for PCs?

If found out about this (Mac version) when I thought that somebody out there in the geekiverse must have put down the effort. Somewhere I found someone trying to make a PC version (think it was here) beggining of this year, but no progress was reported though.

I have zkill3d Mac users in my group, but you really want to do these things as a GM and just pull them out your sleeve.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: