The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

[For Sale] WEG Star Wars corerules (mint condition)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> [For Sale] WEG Star Wars corerules (mint condition)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rollenspiel
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: [For Sale] WEG Star Wars corerules (mint condition) Reply with quote

I couldn't find a "Classified" section in this forum, so I'll place it here until the Mods command otherwise.

I've got a store on Amazon and I'm selling my copy of the 2E R&E core rulebook. (That's the one with the Millennium Falcon on it.) It's mint condition, clean and pristine, for anyone who may be interested in snatching it.

http://www.amazon.com/shops/WhiskeyVictor

Again, apologies if this isn't in the right place. Smile
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, it's totally cool to post it here. We don't have a classified section partly because it's so infrequently that we have people looking to buy and sell. So, we try to be pretty understanding so long as people are using their best judgement in terms of where they post it. Like... not in the PBP area. Smile

Though, I hope you don't mind me asking a question. How often do copies (even mind) move at that price? I don't usually deal in mint copies so I wouldn't know. How do you go about determining the optimal price for a mint item? Is it two parts guestimation and one part shot in the dark, or is there a general pricing guideline among those who are more collectors than players?
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
Though, I hope you don't mind me asking a question. How often do copies (even mind) move at that price?

Holy crap balls! That's about $100 over high price sales.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Rollenspiel
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For several years I've been paying close attention to the market for OOP WEG Star Wars stuff, both on ebay and Amazon (and a few other places), and, based on that, chose the price. Mint/New 2E R&E copies are very, very uncommon IME. If the item in question doesn't find a buyer in the next few weeks I may drop it down a little (perhaps a sale). If you take a look at the NEW listing on Amazon, you'll see that my listing isn't the highest.
Dromdarr_Alark
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The copy I got (from the link that Cheshire sent me) is in practically perfect condition (I can't think of any flaws), and it only cost me $50 on ebay.
KeldorKatarn
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought an Mint Corebook for 35 € at booklookers
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dromdarr_Alark wrote:
The copy I got (from the link that Cheshire sent me) is in practically perfect condition (I can't think of any flaws), and it only cost me $50 on ebay.

I mean, I'm often aghast at what some people are selling the books for, but in cases like this when it's designed to target collectors for a MINT copy, I'm guessing that there are other factors at play. I've always wondered and so I thought I'd ask how long they sit at these prices.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I occasionally see them at really high prices online, but the last copy I found (at a Half Price Books) was near mint and only cost $30.
Rollenspiel
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOLD!
Thanks for letting me advertise here!
8)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: