The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Now that I have more time...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> Now that I have more time...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eiren
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Now that I have more time... Reply with quote

I just wanted to toss a post up with some more detail about myself but before I get into that, I wanted to say thanks for the warm welcome!

I'm 34 yo living in Michigan with my GF and our 2 yo son. I've been RPG'ing since high school originally starting with D&D. The gamin group that introduced me to that also introduced me to Star Wars D6, Battlelords of the 23rd century (kind of an obscure RPG), MERP, Marvel Super Heroes, TMNT RPG as well as tabel top miniatures wargaming.

I've also played everything from Champions to Shadowrun to Rifts with various other gaming groups in the past 18 years. I began GM'ing about 16 years ago and the majority of RPG's I am in I seem to wind uprunning, hehe.

My GF has had very little experience roleplaying and what little she had before meeting me was mostly bad experiences (condescending GM, impatient gaming group, etc). I managed to get her to agree to try out D&D with me in a one on one setting. She was not terribly excited about it but begrudginly gave in to my whining and begging. Twisted Evil

Our first D&D session ended with me telling her it was late and I had to work early in the morning, and her begging me to continue "just a little bit longer!" hehe. She was officially enthralled with D&D. That campaign ran about a year but recently ended and we've found ourselves unable to "get into" anything new in D&D we've tried.

After 5 or so frustrating gaming sessions of banging our heads against the wall trying to "make it fun" we gave up and put the D&D books away for a bit of a breather. Fortunately for me shortly after that my GF discovered Star Wars Battlefront on our PS2 and quickly became addicted. I used her love of battlefront as a way to springboard into the SW RPG.

Now I don't have any of my old SW RPG books anymore but I am familiar enough with the rules after playing it for the better part of 18 years that I felt I was able to wing it. That and all the wonderful information on these forums (and several thousand sheets of printing paper and alot of toner which I'm sure my boss would be upset about if he knew) and we're more or less set to begin a good ole star wars campaign (hopefully!)

She has opted for a Tramp Freighter Captain as her first character which is cool because I'm most familiar with those types of campagins (pirates, smugglers, freighter captains). Hopefully this turns out to be another good RPG experience and a long lived enjoyable game!

If things go well we know a couple other people who are old RPG players so maybe we can even get them involved and get an official gaming group going.

Thanks again for the warm welcome and all the info and insights! I love this place so far! lol

Troops: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO6rqAJ3mGc
Eiren
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, almost forgot. I don't have internet at home after my last PC melted down so for the near future my GF won't be able to really view these forums and I can only browse and post from work. Thankfully I spend the better part of each morning I work as the only one here so I can slack off a bit more than usual. Twisted Evil

Troops: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO6rqAJ3mGc
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you found a keeper. My GF decided to try out D&D, and she really enjoyed it, but I dont think she will come back. At least she understands why i find it so fun Very Happy. I wish you much luck in your coming campaign! Feel free to ask for pointers, as we all have an opinion about everythign

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah...and some of us even have a fact or two to go with the opinions! Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: