The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Fallen Jedi: Astra
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Fallen Jedi: Astra Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Revenant
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Fallen Jedi: Astra Reply with quote

Character Name: Astra
Type: Fallen Jedi Consular
Species: Miralukan
Height: 5’ 7”
Weight: 131lbs

Physical Description: See pic.

Personality: Astra is quiet and reserved. She fell to the darkside through pain and torture after she was trapped during a battle behind a collapsed ceiling. When the Dark Lord she and her allies battled spared her life and took her captive she was seduced by the darkside, convinced she was abandoned and left for dead.

She is confused and filled with doubt. Those who she fought with against the darkside cared for her and loved her; their betrayal does not seem to fit correctly into the lies her master has told her. Currently she seeks vengeance against her Jedi allies, seeking to learn the truth when she finally comes face to face with those who abandoned her. The truth of her confrontations with the Jedi is the hopes that one will slay her.

Her fall into darkness causes her never ending suffering as her keen miralukan senses amplify the dark whispers and agonizing suffering of the darkside.

Objectives: Astra's only desire is to die.

Quote: "Through death, suffering ends. May the Force have mercy upon us."

DEXTERITY: 3D+2
Blaster 4D+1, Brawling Parry 4D+1, Dodge 4D+1, Lightsaber 7D+1

KNOWLEDGE: 3D+1
Alien Species 5D, Bureaucracy 6D+1, Business, Cultures 7D+1, Languages 5D+1, Law Enforcement 4D+1, Planetary Systems 4D, Scholar (Jedi Lore) 6D+2

MECHANICAL: 3D
Communications 6D+1, Repulsorlift Operation 3D+1, Space Transports 3D+1, Starship Gunnery 3D+1

PERCEPTION: 3D+2
Bargain 5D, Command 4D, Hide 6D+2, Investigation 7D+1, Persuasion 6D+2, Search 6D

STRENGTH: 2D+1
Brawling 4D

TECHNICAL: 3D+2
Lightsaber construction 7D+1, Lightsaber Repair 6D+2

Force Skills:
Alter 6D+1, Control 6D+2, Sense 9D
Force Powers: Life Detection (s), Life Sense (s), Magnify Senses (s), Receptive Telepathy (s), Sense Force (s), Control Pain (c), Resist Stun (c), Injure/Kill (a), Telekinesis (a), Lightsaber Combat (s, c), Projective Telepathy (s, c), Transfer Force (c, a)

Move: 10
Force Sensitive: No
Force Points: 10
Dark Side Points: 7
Character Points: 15
Wound Status: Currently uninjured.
Special Abilities:Force Sight, *Sense Force

*Astra is always considered to have 'Sense Force' active. See may sense the force as a free action once per round.

Equipment: Red Lightsaber (5D), *Green Lightsaber (5D), 125 credits

*Astra still owns her green Consular's lightsaber. She will not use it in combat, it is merely a reminder of her fall, it's part of her purgatory.

Role Playing Notes: You are pathetic. Talk low and with as much pain in your voice as you can. Living hurts you, thinking hurts you, speaking hurts you. All there is to look forward to is death.

Astra is an excellent NPC to have 'brought back to the light'. She is conflicted but feels that there is no hope for her, only death. Maybe PCs discover the truth, or encounter her frequently and instead of battling her show her kindness, despite her bitter, hateful attitude.

Her dark master may have something to say about her return to the light however...

"The boy is plain dagnasty evil!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Last edited by Revenant on Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are these conversions or complete home stats?

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Revenant
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Complete home stats for a few of the NPCs that are currently in our game. I figured instead of hording them on my HD I'd post em' here for other people to use.

Obviously, anything here that doesn't jive with your games feel free to change. Above all, enjoy and have fun with them.

jmanski
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm always interested in other GM's NPCs. It helps me stay creative. The lightsaber tonfa are interesting- I like.

Nice job on both, by the way.
PsiberDragon
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A "lightsaber tonfa"...

I'd have to disagree with that.. having played w/ police batons/tonfa before... they'd have to have a next to impossible rating to keep from hitting yourself... either that or some REALLY Good armor... that's going to need some looking to after every combat...
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely Razz While a neat visual, tonfa encounter your arm a LOT. It's really a terrible design for a lightsaber.
I have seen offical material making use of the concept though :/

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Revenant
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PsiberDragon wrote:
A "lightsaber tonfa"...

I'd have to disagree with that. Having played w/ police batons/tonfa before... they'd have to have a next to impossible rating to keep from hitting yourself... either that or some REALLY Good armor... that's going to need some looking to after every combat...

Having owned a pair on tonfa, and being moderately proficient in their use I'd have to say that the concept and use of such a weapon would not be impossible. Most are held with the longer end running up the length of the forearm, making them ideal for parries and blocks.

Since the proper way to hold them involves the arms being bent at the elbow, if the style was learned correctly then the blades of the saber should never come in contact with the body, especially if the design added another two or three inches to the tonfa's overall length.

Now, one thing I do agree with, as far as difficulty, is having two blades emitted from each tonfa at one time, this would most certainly make fighting next to impossible which is why the odd design of the weapon prevents her from extended them both at once.

The fighting style was inspired by older games and shows. She holds her sabers like Strider Hiryu (for those familiar with Strider's sword...) and employs spins and elbow slashes ala Nemesis Enforcer (some may remember the old G.I. Joe character who had blades retract from his elbows).

Since the weapons are resistant to lightsaber damage she's rarely even emitted the blades. She spun low and slashed with her elbow on the Ex-Jedi, and tried a dual lift maneuver by slashing upwards with both blades at once. So far however she's proven a powerful adversary without being two cheesy, which was one of my fears when I put the character together since I was introducing a rather odd style of fighting.

And yes, Force Unleashed will include saber tonfas if I'm not mistaken. I've seen pictures of a blue twi'lek woman wielding them. I can’t imagine a Jedi ever having need of such a weapon, but they need more ideas to market…

suud43
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's more the "encountering" of other bodyparts that always worried me about tonfas. And just because official material uses the concept, it does not get any more logical (or less painful).

"Learning by pain, motivation by horror."

"Life is real tough, bring a helmet."
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard of a similar concept in weapons but the lightsabers had a sensor or similar device that automatically shut them down if they would have hit the users own body.

Yes that means someone can attempt to use your own body to turn off your blades but it's better than impaling yourself right?

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
DarkBlade
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as the lightsaber tonfa's only have one lightsaber blade (which appears to be the case in the official version), then I don't see the weapon as impossible. More difficult to wield than a normal lightsaber, yes (depending on the grip). Impossible, no.

As a lightsaber varient, it's no where near as bad as some that have been though up. (I admit to comming up with a few bad ideas myself. Lightsaber Kusari Gama, anyone... Shocked )

And if I remember right, the character from Force Unleashed is Maris Brood, a female Zabrek.
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a good example of how to make a "light tonfa" work without severing one's arms, watch Kroenen in Hellboy, with his sword tonfas. I would make it a difficult weapon to master, but extremely effective in the hands of someone who has mastered it.
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking along those lines. the saber comes back, and on the side close to the arm would be a guard. the saber itself would be short, of course, but it could work Razz

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vong wrote:
I was thinking along those lines. the saber comes back, and on the side close to the arm would be a guard. the saber itself would be short, of course, but it could work Razz

Maybe wear some cortosis bracers.
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that could work. i was thinking more of an extension of the hilt preventing it from physically hitting the arm.

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Matthias777
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vong wrote:
that could work. i was thinking more of an extension of the hilt preventing it from physically hitting the arm.

That was what I was going to suggest, so...seconded.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: